Got the Beats by Dr Dre Tour High Resolution In-Ear Headphones

herman818

Banned
I have the 4th gen iPod Nano and have been using some $20 skull candy in-ear headphones. My girl got me the Tour by Dre today and I can tell a little bit of adifference but not worth it for the price. I mainly listen to hip hop and rnb. Are there some settings I can tweak on my iPod to make my new phones live upto the hype or is that all they are, just hyped? Any help would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by herman818

I have the 4th gen iPod Nano and have been using some $20 skull candy in-ear headphones. My girl got me the Tour by Dre today and I can tell a little bit of a difference but not worth it for the price. I mainly listen to hip hop and rnb. Are there some settings I can tweak on my iPod to make my new phones live up to the hype or is that all they are, just hyped? Any help would be appreciated.

tired.gif

I had it on hip hop and I switched it to treble boost because it produces pretty good bass. I wanna "really hear all of the music" though.

Originally Posted by CalvinJohnson

dont listen to low quality music, definitely helps in "getting the most" out of your headphones
Yup. Isn't FLAC formatted music the best quality out there? Try that. Oh and you could have gotten way better headphones for your buck.

How would you guys rank the BOSE IN-EAR head phones?

I'm in the market for a pair but the over the ear or on ear ones are obviously much better but I want something a little more discreet and portable.

^ what he said. I love my Etymotic ER-6i's.
Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Originally Posted by CalvinJohnson

dont listen to low quality music, definitely helps in "getting the most" out of your headphones
Yup. Isn't FLAC formatted music the best quality out there? Try that. Oh and you could have gotten way better headphones for your buck.
If space is an issue, go with V0. It's pretty hard to tell the difference between V0 and [320 & FLAC], unless you got really HIGH-endequipment. If you have an external HD and have plenty of space, go with 320 or FLAC.

Originally Posted by onetwothreewick

Stay away from bose.

Go with shure, sennheiser, audio-technica, etymotic, or ultimate ears.

I just won something at work receiving free bose in ear head phones.. haven't gotten them yet but I hope they are decent

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

why should people stay away from Bose?
Overpriced for their quality. Their sound systems use cheap materials and their headphones with the exception of Quiet Comfort 2s aren'tgreat. The sound is good but there's no point spending that much money when you can get a better set of headphones from one of the brands I listed forcheaper or far superior sound for the same price as a pair of their headphones.

ive had the monster tour beats for about 3mos (~$150); ultimate ears super5 pros ($250 list, but occasionaly shows up at online for $150) for about a year;bose in ears (~$90)for about 6 mos

quick pro's and con's

-if you cant stand the fit of canal type phones, but want some sound isolation (ie dont like traditional buds)- the bose in ears are your choice - they dontneed a tight seal to get a good bass response, but in turn they do sound kind of muddy, yet still have an ok vibrant soundcape - much better than cheap endsony's bass enhanced buds (~$20) with the similar ear pieces; the only other buds ive seen with this type of ear pieces are altec lansings (~$50)which ivehave not heard much about

-between the ue's and the tour beats - the ue's definitely have the best soundscape ive heard in a canal phone for the price, if you can get them for$150 (dual driver - seperate hi and low freq drivers) and have the VERY UNIQUE advantage of the buds being removable from the cord and hence replaceable parts- overall the best sounding of my 3 pairs and most versatile

-the tour beats cord management is my favorite part of the set - FLAT Cord that doesnt tangle - simple but genius design - it doesnt have the vibrantsoundscape of the ue's but is more bass influenced, overall a good sound but likely more on par with sub $100 canal phones - ie entry level shure's,ue's,etymotics

basicaly my use pattern is this
-if i might need to frequently remove the headphones - ill go with the bose in ears - easy on/easy off, no readjusting really needed
-if i need to put the phones away every now and then - ill go with the tour beats - best cord management system
-if i want the best sound, am not on the move and have time to deal with cord management and care - i go with the ue super fi's - needs to be carefullyhandled

Back
Top Bottom