Graduate School!!!!!!

So I start Grad school in January at Cal Poly Pomona 
pimp.gif

What should I expect from my first class in grad school? Any other 1st year grad students?

1st class/day...depends on the program? But usually introductions, course overview

1st term...probably more reading than you are used to

congrats man. Its not too bad just basically what will be covered and due dates of work. Get ready for research my friend

Congrats!  You are about to read more than you have ever read in your life.  You will probably be expected to make straight A's - my first graduate professor made this clear the first day of class.  "A's are expected, B's mean probation, and C's are grounds for dismissal."  Depending on your concentration, there will be very few if any quizzes or exams - mostly round table discussions and papers. 

My M.A wil be in Educational Multimedia. Very few lectures but a lot of seminar and lab classes seeing as it's mostly on on-line program.

I'll be done with my master's program in 7 days! The reading isn't that bad, it's the group projects in every class that kill you. I can't wait to be done...

^
laugh.gif

The program is pretty dope and I'm a product of the CSU system already so I know how to do deal with everything

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Don't procrastinate on your thesis.

I'm doing a project instead of a thesis. Probably build a website or develop a curriculum for a high-tech high school.

Back
Top Bottom