Graduation Dunk Hi

I originally had no intentions of doing a Kanye shoe as a few other customizers have done, but I had these dunks laying around never being worn, and the idea came to me to do something with 'em. The purple on the midsoles was similar to a shade on the Graduation album cover so I diecided to give it a go.
Other people had focused on the album covers artwork(which is really hot), but I wanted to go a different way. I wanted to focus on the bear and I wanted to incoporate the glasses from the Stronger video too. Mache actually gave me the idea to add fur ala the 3 Bears SB's and I went from there. I changed up my plan a few times before coming to this.....

the original plan was gonna have the shoes fade in a bunch of colors like the cover
ye62.jpg

I changed it up though cause I didnt think it would look all that great with the fur...plus Im not that nice with the airbrush and my fades arent nearly as smmoth as I would have liked.
I got to work on the "featured" part of the shoe for me...the glasses. It seems like it would be easy when I 1st thought about it, but when I actually began doing it, it got real tedious
ye66.jpg

ye69.jpg

I wasnt sure what I wanted to be seen through the glasses. the most obvious option woulda been the album cover, but that was a lil TOO obvious. I figured since these were focusing on the bear, why not just have the bear? He was on a white background, but I felt it need some purple to stand out some and really connect back with the midsole. So I faded a couple shades of lavendar and purple around him to add a lil depth
ye70.jpg

ye71.jpg

finally I added the fur, and then decided to g'head and incorporate the album cover artwork. I didnt want it to be the focus of the shoe, so I "ghosted" it (couldnt think of a better phrase) by adding white ripstop over the top. Think of the 10Deep Chameleon jackets. I'd actually done something similar years before...I made some Shimizu dunk lows and did it with yellow ripstop over graphics of him skating...way before 10Deep and their chameleon jackets....but Im gettin off point....
anyway....enough talk....

ye73.jpg

ye74.jpg

ye76.jpg

ye77.jpg

ye79.jpg

This broad sauced the hell out of me​

:wow:
eek.gif
the think you did w/ the glasses design is :pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAM [Scrubs]
.:: | TEAM | TORONTO | RAPTORS | ::.
TeamCanada ~x~ TeamPhilippines​

Man the whole concept of it is really creative and sick.

I would rock it but not with the fur
No Chip But Philly Still Runs This $hip
City of Champions
Banned SN: limelightn5mics
Total Posts: 876

Quote:
Im the #1 artist in the world right now...I want you to document this. Im the #1 human being in music. That means any person thats living or breathing is #2 cause I am #1
This broad sauced the hell out of me​

Nice job...To think I paint a few parts of a shoe and call it a custom. Great work...
TEAM KENTUCKY
WHERE TIPPIN COWS REQUIRES HEAT ON YOUR FEET

OLNL SZ8.5,9,9.5,11,14 $260 shipped​

Quote:
Im the #1 artist in the world right now...I want you to document this. Im the #1 human being in music. That means any person thats living or breathing is #2 cause I am #1
:lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM WOLVERINE
Those Who Stay Will Be Champions
GO BLUE​
Wanted sz. 8 or 8.5: Michigan Jewel AF1 Mid

nice customs
.:: |Team| Toronto| Raptors| ::.
.:: |Andrea Bargnani|Chris Bosh|Jose Calderon|T.J. Ford|Jorge Garbajosa|Anthony Parker| ::.​

damn bro you're a beast when it comes to customs- so creative :pimp:
pimp.gif
F.C.BARCELONA
teammaximal
T R A N S F O R M E R S
TeamWolfShirts

what material did u use for the glasses part????????
WANTED METHAMPHINIAN X DC sz 10.5-11
FT know1edge x methamphibian jeans sz 34, looking for a sz 36 PLEASE!!!
WANTED TIFFS (10.5-11) ANY COND.

fire!!!
i could almost see myself wearing these lol but na looks tight as a display

"o no another ugly hypebeast"

Dam bro, those are :pimp:
pimp.gif
"Im addicted to fresh/ 6 pairs of kicks is my definition of twelve steps"- Hov

Back
Top Bottom