grammar police i need your help

essay due in 1 hour, on second pargraph.

is :

The problem here lied in the fact that my fatherdid not treat me and Bentley the same.

or :

The problem here lied in the fact that my fatherdid not treat Bentley and I the same.

correct?

I think neither.

I'd say: "The problem here, lies in the fact that my father did not treat Bentley and me the same."

???

I'm going to have to say #2.
Just keep it precise and concise.

"The problem is that my father did not treat Bentley and I the same."

the problem here didnt tell the truth in the fact that my father did not treat me and Bentley the same

Originally Posted by NikeHolic23

I think neither.

I'd say: "The problem here, lies in the fact that my father did not treat Bentley and me the same."

???

i like how your sentence sounds. thank you good sir. <3

Yeah, that's just a horrible sentence either way - but it should definitely be me.

The problem was the fact that my father did not treat me and Bentley the same.

is a bit better.

You also rarely have to use the word "that"

Most of the time, try removing it from your sentence and it probably will still make sense.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Yeah, that's just a horrible sentence either way - but it should definitely be me.

is a bit better.
here ill but the whole paragraph context matters i think. let me know

My Mother and Father divorced when I was 2 yearsold. In 2004, My father remarried to a woman named Jessica, who had a singledaughter named Bentley. My father now became the legal guardian of Bentley, sohe now made the rules for her. The problem here, lies in the fact that my fatherdid not treat Bentley and I the same. He would let me get away with things thatwould often lead Bentley to a beating. I remember once, I was eating past 9pmand my father was okay with it, but when Bentley tried to eat with me, she wasslapped. I did not enjoy the preferential treatment my father gave me, as I couldsee its effects explicitly. I never knew the exact reasons for why he treatedme differently. I think it may have been because I was his son, while Bentleywas just “some girl

"Bentley and me" is correct.  If you take out Bentley from the sentence and reread it, "me" would make sense where "I" would not.

You should definitely use "me" over I in this case though. If you omit the other person, it would be "treat me the same" not "treat I the same."

whats the word for a person/thing that you HAVE to take care of but dont want to
im trying to find the perfect word i cant think of it. its kind of like liability

"she was a liability to him"

Originally Posted by MECKS

whats the word for a person/thing that you HAVE to take care of but dont want to
im trying to find the perfect word i cant think of it. its kind of like liability

"she was a liability to him"

nuisance?

Originally Posted by kdawg

is a bit better.
here ill but the whole paragraph context matters i think. let me know

My Mother and Father divorced when I was 2 years old. In 2004, My father remarried to a woman named Jessica, who had a single daughter named Bentley. My father now became the legal guardian of Bentley, so he now made the rules for her. The problem here, lies in the fact that my father did not treat Bentley and I the same. He would let me get away with things that would often lead Bentley to a beating. I remember once, I was eating past 9pm and my father was okay with it, but when Bentley tried to eat with me, she was slapped. I did not enjoy the preferential treatment my father gave me, as I could see its effects explicitly. I never knew the exact reasons for why he treated me differently. I think it may have been because I was his son, while Bentley was just “some girl

someone give me a recent example of a celebrity getting legal preferential treatement. i cant think of anything ..

lil wayne with the gun charge??

My Mother and Father divorced when I was 2 years old. In 2004, My father remarried to a woman named Jessica, who had a single daughter named Bentley. My father now became the legal guardian of Bentley, so he now made the rules for her. The problem here, lies in the fact that my father did not treat Bentley and I the same. He would let me get away with things that would often lead Bentley to a beating. I remember once, I was eating past 9pm and my father was okay with it, but when Bentley tried to eat with me, she was slapped. I did not enjoy the preferential treatment my father gave me, as I could see its effects explicitly. I never knew the exact reasons for why he treated me differently. I think it may have been because I was his son, while Bentley was just “some girl

i think its a good example

As HipHopDX reported earlier, Lil Wayne was arrested Tuesday (Jan 22) night at a Border Patrol Checkpoint in southwest Arizona; after federal agents found near four ounces of marijuana, an ounce of cocaine, 41 grams of Ecstasy as well as a .44 caliber pistol (registered to Wayne).

Lil Wayne has a concealed weapons permit in Florida, but authorities are looking into any weapons laws were violated in Arizona.

Wayne has since been released. After posting $10,185 bond, the rapper signed autographs for fans outside of the bail bondsman’s office.

His bail was only 10,185 :0

essay due in 1 hour, on second pargraph.

is :

The problem here lied in the fact that my fatherdid not treat me and Bentley the same.

or :

The problem here lied in the fact that my fatherdid not treat Bentley and I the same.

correct?
Both wrong.

Correct:

The problem here  lied in the fact that my fatherdid not treat Bentley and me the same.

Explanation:
Me: You should only use "I" if you are the noun of the sentence, use "me" if you are the subject. In this case, your dad is the noun and you are the subject.

Back
Top Bottom