Granny DJ Rocks Paris Clubs

pimp.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Crumps Brother

just copped me a pair of those sunglasses for the upcoming spring/summer months at the local CVS Pharmacy

i have been checkin the prices to be honest
cvs

walgreens

walmart

a pair will be copped in the coming weeks 
pimp.gif

just copped me a pair of those sunglasses for the upcoming spring/summer months at the local CVS Pharmacy

r

r

r

PARIS(Reuters Life!) - The latest party circuit princess to wow the nightclubs and festivals of France with her DJ skills is a British grannywho took a shine to the decks after going to a birthday disco for hergrandson.

Lifestyle  |  France

Cladin her leopard-skin shrug and dark sunglasses, 69-year-old Ruth Flowershas conquered French clubland from the Cannes Film Festival to the topParis nightspots with a mix of old-school hits, electrobeat andbling-bling style.

"It startedreally when my grandson had a birthday party ... they always have alittle disco, don't they, after the party," Flowers told Reuters,lounging on a white sofa in a Paris hotel in a green satin bomberjacket and trademark shades contrasting with her white hair.

"Iwent along quite late and the gentlemen at the door said, 'I don'tthink you want to go in there, Madame'. And I said, 'Well I ratherthink I do'," she said.

"I went in and it was very noisy and the lights were flashing, but there was an awful lot of energy and joy."

WhileFlowers, a trained singer, was more used to church songs, German liederand classic pop, she was so taken by the party that she decided thereand then to become a disc jockey.

"I had no idea at the time of electro music," she said.

However, as someone with interests ranging from history to theater and fashion, she was willing to learn.

Afriend put her in touch with French producer Aurelien Simon who taughther how to spin and helped her to develop a style, sprinkling hertechno sets with tunes from Abba, Queen and the Rolling Stones.

"Inthe beginning it was just a little joke but it became serious," Simontold Reuters by phone. "It took four years because she had to learn touse the machines. I explained the basics of electro music, and then shecreated her own style."

Eye-catchingearrings and her sartorial style make Flowers a stand out when sheworks the turntables, nodding to the beat and clapping her hands aboveher head.

"It's a little glammy,a bit over the top, but it fits the bill I think," she said of heroutfits. "I mean, if I appeared in a cardigan, a sweater and brogueshoes it wouldn't be quite the same."

Flowersis working on a single, due to be released this spring. Some of herfriends in London were a little skeptical about her new career atfirst, but she has drawn encouragement from her family and fans.

She remembers how young people from all over the world came up to her when she performed at the Cannes film festival.

"Theysaid, "you're awesome, we want to be like you'," she said. "I alwayssay -- you don't want to be like me. You want to be you."

r

r

Back
Top Bottom