GREAT BLACK PEOPLE IN HISTORY Vol: Cowboys, Generals,Soldiers, Politicians and more

So if we had a thread named Great White people in History Vol: cowboys, generals, george carlin, soldiers, politicans, and more there wouldn't be anyone questioning why theres a white thread? Just playing devils advocate

You serious?

cant even have a thread like this without someone questioning why :smh:

So if we had a thread named Great White people in History Vol: cowboys, generals, george carlin, soldiers, politicans, and more there wouldn't be anyone questioning why theres a white thread? Just playing devils advocate

Bruh, you're free to make a Great White People In History Thread. Nobody's stopping you. In fact, you could do that instead of complaining in this thread.

Your bad vibes are making Cosimo I crosseyed.

462px-Agnolo_Bronzino_-_Cosimo_I_de%27_Medici_in_armour_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

I hate titles like this, along with "black history month" and "black entertainment television". It's hard to blur racial lines when race is pointed out constantly.

I can see both sides of this but disagree with the need to blur racial lines. We would only need to blur them IF we lived in a country where black people weren't seen as less than equal to the dominant society. Unfortunately we are depicted, described and categorized (generally speaking) as either minorities (think about that) or worse yet, anomalies when we do something noteworthy or that benefits society as a whole, as if black people are usually incapable of greatness.

Until then, no lines should be blurred. Black people, especially kids should be aware that we as a people have done and continue to do great things daily and despite the dominant narrative, we are capable of more than excelling at sports, entertaining and being criminals.

Until we are seen as equals, it is not our duty to blur lines. It is our duty to remind our people and everyone else that we deserve to be treated just like them.

Last edited:
I can see both sides of this but disagree with the need to blur racial lines. We would only need to blur them IF we lived in a country where black people weren't seen as less than equal to the dominant society. Unfortunately we are depicted, described and categorized (generally speaking) as either minorities (think about that) or worse yet, anomalies when we do something noteworthy or that benefits society as a whole, as if black people are usually incapable of greatness.

Until then, no lines should be blurred. Black people, especially kids should be aware that we as a people have done and continue to do great things daily and despite the dominant narrative, we are capable of more than excelling at sports, entertaining and being criminals.

Until we are seen as equals, it is not our duty to blur lines. It is our duty to remind our people and everyone else that we deserve to be treated just like them.

View media item 529515
Alot of popular narratives in American society regarding black people tend to be slanted in a negative way. There's no wrong time to remind young black men and women that they're capable of much more than what white America tells them.

I was thinking about typing something on some of the figures I have researched. But it seems too time consuming

Back
Top Bottom