Great gif that shows how small earth is compared to everything else in space

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

imagine EARTH was the size of that last star, just imagine how many countries their would be in the world and probably people living in the same planet but never ever able to meet eachother because a flight to the other end would be impossible
laugh.gif

anyone get what Im saying
eek.gif
that could get REAL crazy having that many peopleon 1 planet
especially if the continents and population were proportioned
sick.gif

someone do the math
nerd.gif

all of that stuff in the universe and i've got the nerve to have spent entire days inside the house.

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

imagine EARTH was the size of that last star, just imagine how many countries their would be in the world and probably people living in the same planet but never ever able to meet eachother because a flight to the other end would be impossible
laugh.gif

eek.gif
that could get REAL crazy having that many people on 1 planet
sick.gif

someone do the math
nerd.gif
Keep in mind it's 4 AM in the morning. So I'm probably off haha.

Diameter of VY Canis Majoris is 3,063,500,000 km. Diameter of Earth is 12,756.2 km. 3,063,500,000/12,756.2 = 240,157.73. Earth's population =6,706,993,152 (July 2008 est.)

So, 6,706,993,152 X 240,157.73 = 1.610736232E15 (that's how it reads on the calculator) I don't even know how to turn that into a real number. Brainiacs, get to work.

"It will probably go supernova around the year 3200. When it does, it will be visible by day and light up the night so much you canread by its eerie red glow."
eek.gif

As for Crank's comment, I busted out laughing as I read that. I could just foresee like a thousand stop-overs just to get to the next continent haha. People would just say screw it. I can't even put to words what I'm thinking right now if there were that many people.

The universe is a scary place. We do not, i repeat Do Not know what's going beyond our galaxy. There must be an advance civilization out there with allthose star war technology going on. Imagine being invaded by a civilization 100x more advance than us. Yike

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

laugh.gif

eek.gif
that could get REAL crazy having that many people on 1 planet
sick.gif

someone do the math
nerd.gif
Keep in mind it's 4 AM in the morning. So I'm probably off haha.

Diameter of VY Canis Majoris is 3,063,500,000 km. Diameter of Earth is 12,756.2 km. 3,063,500,000/12,756.2 = 240,157.73. Earth's population = 6,706,993,152 (July 2008 est.)

So, 6,706,993,152 X 240,157.73 = 1.610736232E15 (that's how it reads on the calculator) I don't even know how to turn that into a real number. Brainiacs, get to work.

"It will probably go supernova around the year 3200. When it does, it will be visible by day and light up the night so much you can read by its eerie red glow."
eek.gif

As for Crank's comment, I busted out laughing as I read that. I could just foresee like a thousand stop-overs just to get to the next continent haha. People would just say screw it. I can't even put to words what I'm thinking right now if there were that many people.
1.610736232E15 = 1,610,736,232,000,000 people. 1.6 quadrillion people?
ohwell.gif

image that could get REAL crazy having that many people on 1 planet
especially if the continents and population were proportioned image
someone do the math image

Well, the someone posted that it would take 7 quadrillion earths to fill VY Canis Majoris.

It would take 1.3 million earths to fill our sun.

___________________ = ~ 5.38 billion

So, VY Canis Majoris had a proportional solar system to our sun's, its earth would be 5.38 billion times larger than ours.

Our current population is ~ 6.76 billion.

Not factoring in the effects of greater gravity or size would have on such a planet, VY Canis Majoris's "earth" would have a population of:

x 5,380,000,000

36,368,800,000,000,000,000 or 36.368 quintillion people.

Not sure if the math is right. I'm sure that someone more bored than I will double check it sometime around 3 in the morning.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

The universe is a scary place. We do not, i repeat Do Not know what's going beyond our galaxy. There must be an advance civilization out there with all those star war technology going on. Imagine being invaded by a civilization 100x more advance than us. Yike
Uhhh...

Impossible to fathom a star that size...with that said, imagine how far away they must be for us to not be able to see such behemoths!

yo imagine how big the things living out by those stars are. thats crazy

laugh.gif
eek.gif

Damn, you guys really have me chasing rabbits (expression a history teacher of mine used to describe getting off track).

If my math is right, the average guy (5'10") is 4,741 times taller than a grain of sand. So, if VY Canis Majoris's earth would be 5.38 billiontimes larger than our own and the people on its earth were proportional in their size, we'd be smaller than sand to them. Would it be a stretch to statethat we'd be the size of atoms or something like that?

confused02.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

quintillion?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

the number of dimes would be at least in the billions
pimp.gif

LMAO
roll.gif
Unfortunately, there would still be an equal number of guys better looking thanyou gettin those dimes!!

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

yo imagine how big the things living out by those stars are. thats crazy

laugh.gif
eek.gif

Damn, you guys really have me chasing rabbits (expression a history teacher of mine used to describe getting off track).

If my math is right, the average guy (5'10") is 4,741 times taller than a grain of sand. So, if VY Canis Majoris's earth would be 5.38 billion times larger than our own and the people on its earth were proportional in their size, we'd be smaller than sand to them. Would it be a stretch to state that we'd be the size of atoms or something like that?

confused02.gif

eek.gif
Daaaaaamn. That's nuts, man.

On a side note, it's crazy how our equations are so different haha. Mine was just a shot in the dark, so I'll just go ahead and go with your
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Juice2352

quintillion?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif

LMAO
roll.gif
Unfortunately, there would still be an equal number of guys better looking than you gettin those dimes!!
shots fired
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

quintillion?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif

LMAO
roll.gif
Unfortunately, there would still be an equal number of guys better looking than you gettin those dimes!!

laugh.gif
I can see dudes now "Go back to Earth with your inferiorDimes!"
laugh.gif

quintillion?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif

LMAO
roll.gif

laugh.gif
I can see dudes now "Go back to Earth with your inferior Dimes!"
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom