Greatest performer of all time (2019)

Hi y’all,
What’s the best performing ball shoes up to date? Write the name of the best ball shoes you’ve ever played in so that we can have a talk about it. Do not insult other comments. I’ll start with mine: kobe 1 protro (I don’t own that many shoes so ‍♂️)

Me personally.....

flightposite 1 2 and 3

Jordan xviii

A pair of hyperdunks that I caught for 60 bucks were pretty good too ...

The OG xiv was pretty good too , now that y'all mention .. I balled out in the last shots and the ginger cw . .

Last edited:
Agree with og 14s ^^^

The first Adidas crazy explosive were amazing

Last edited:
Two of my favourite performers personally were the original Hyper Rev and the original Crazy Explosive. Really enjoying the ride in the KD 12 but I feel like there is more heel slippage than I'd want. I think the Crazy Explosive was the most fun to play in. The bounce, traction and solid containment while having freedom in the toe area was amazing. And the Hyper Rev was just super bouncy. I still have them as my trash outdoor shoe, but I'm pretty sure the air bubble is able to pop any time now.

In no particular order:

OG Jordan XIV
Huarache 2K4 (sans the c.2012 releases)
Zoom Kobe II
Zoom Kobe V
Kobe VII System

sidenote, it's nice to see many of you remember just how great the original XIV was :smokin

Jordan 29 se (before it popped)
Agassi Zoom challenge 2 (yup, had a lot of bounce in that shoe)
1993 air force mid
Og wht red Jordan 13s
Northern lights kobe 11
Been playing in kobe 7s lately dont why i never took them out earlier
12s were good hoop shoes

And the jordan supefly 2. great hoop shoe

In no particular order:

OG Jordan XIV
Zoom Kobe II
Zoom Kobe V
Kobe VII System

sidenote, it's nice to see many of you remember just how great the original XIV was :smokin

man, what a beast of performance model that was. crazy glue traction, had that true zoom bounce yet was low to the ground, asymmetric ankle height so it felt like a low but still retained good support. the only downside was durability. the tongue shifting to the side could get a bit annoying.

can't say how much of a letdown the retro was when I got them.

In no particular order:

OG Jordan XIV
Zoom Kobe II
Zoom Kobe V
Kobe VII System

I ran track in my OG 14’s in middle school. For a leather basketball shoe, they were very light.

Standing up for the OG 14’s as well...Best sneaker I ever played in...

Second would probably the OG Foamposite One’s...Exact opposite end of the spectrum from the 14’s...Things were tanks...Double stacked zoom is fantastic though...

Now that I’m thinking about it, the Pippen 2’s rank pretty high up there for me too...Why Nike hasn’t given us a retro of the original playoff colorway is beyond me...

#1 for me is the kobe 10, honorable mentions are kyrie 4, Jordan 10, Lebron soldier 9, Jordan 28 se, OG adidas the kobe, adidas crazy 8, Jordan 13 and 14, and Nike Air Raid.

#1 for me is the kobe 10, honorable mentions are kyrie 4, Jordan 10, Lebron soldier 9, Jordan 28 se, OG adidas the kobe, adidas crazy 8, Jordan 13 and 14, and Nike Air Raid.
13 vs 14s is the eternal debate.

I remember wearing 13s and loving them but those rubber pods were unnecessarily rock hard and caused blisters and a rough ride, especially deep into a game and youre sweating through your socks. Made me not even want to make any hard cuts after awhile

The 14s fixed all that with that buttery soft rubber and that vent. But it came at the cost of aesthetics. And that damn tongue.
If the ferrari 14 was the OG stylewise then it wouldve been GOAT worthy. All that crap on the uppers can go to hell. If Jordan played in 99 I can picture him playing in a white/black ferrari 14. That style and ensuing colorways like white red, black red wouldve been incredible to see on tv.
I could never picture Jordan in a white/blk regular OG 14 in a game. They look stupid.

upload_2019-9-13_21-9-57.jpeg
This but white instead of red, no wack carbon print just black, including black arch plate. That wouldve looked amazing on him on court in a televised game. Then a reverse black white for the playoffs? man

The foam fingers at the front look perfect without the busyness of the OG upper. Simple yet kind of wild but all class.This model couldve been amazing.

Great thread!!

OG Air Jordan XIV
Lebron II
Huarache 2k4
Kobe 1

More recently, for me at least...PG line, KD 9 and based on recent reviews KD 12. I think at the time the first Hyperdunk was ground breaking.

Back
Top Bottom