Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
i skimmed through the last few pages but you guys need to stop with the cut of the patent leather, its pretty much different on every shoe made..

how long you dudes been collecting? seriously.

take 50 pairs of XI breds from December and you will get a bunch of different cuts.

All my size 13s seem to match.

But ok. What about the other issues?

Oh theyre all pretty obvious

Last edited:
since buying and selling sneakers from eachother ISNT illegal, da thread here is discussing da ACTUAL product at hand.
Last I checked the resale of counterfeit goods was still illegal.  The possession and sale of stolen goods is illegal.  You're clinging to euphemisms to describe products that were made illegally. 

As far as the law is concerned, unauthorized DOES equal counterfeit.

And understand this - because I don't enjoy repeating myself - anyone who promotes illegal products on here will be removed from our forums.  If your closet's full of "grey market" shoes you consider "just as good," that's your problem.  Don't make it mine. 

Yeah guys! They will be removed from our forums and back within the hour! Haha

Under ninjahood2 of course haha

Jk

Last edited:
the easy way to solve this issue is to just buy your kicks on RD from a store or pay resell on RD, not three months later when the taobao pairs are readily available.

the easy way to solve this issue is to just buy your kicks on RD from a store or pay resell on RD, not three months later when the taobao pairs are readily available.

Ha!

Easy way?

No such thing. Have u met my friend ninjahood????
Haha

he defends the grey market so much you'd think he sells them himself :lol:

since buying and selling sneakers from eachother ISNT illegal, da thread here is discussing da ACTUAL product at hand.
Last I checked the resale of counterfeit goods was still illegal.  The possession and sale of stolen goods is illegal.  You're clinging to euphemisms to describe products that were made illegally. 

As far as the law is concerned, unauthorized DOES equal counterfeit.

And understand this - because I don't enjoy repeating myself - anyone who promotes illegal products on here will be removed from our forums.  If your closet's full of "grey market" shoes you consider "just as good," that's your problem.  Don't make it mine. 
well meth, here's da crux of da problem...da unauthorized goods are coming from da same place da authorized goods are.

its like blood diamonds, once they exchange hands their origins become lost and da products assimilate with da population of

da rest of da stones because when you put a blood diamond under a loop its still a diamond, regardless

of da ethics of how it came to be..this is why this thread is being discussed...how u gonna

know what is what? space jams are just 1

shoe out of MANY jordans currently being made via grey market. luckily for those who care you can tell da age of da newer ones

by da sole since they're brand new and icy which retail 2009 pairs at this point is impossible for da most part

to maintain. other sneakers dont have that luxury...that da issue at hand that we're talkin about and it effect NT as a whole

community.

Last edited:
Omg im bout to **** a brick

He finally admitted in his own roundabout non direct way

That we CAN tel between the space jams and space jams alone hahaha

Thank u sir

Sorry

But thank u for admitting it and now saying the issue is all the OTHER SHOES

Wasnt this a space jam thread to start? Haha

Last edited:
Sorry

But thank u for admitting it and now saying the issue is all the OTHER SHOES

Wasnt this a space jam thread to start? Haha
*sigh* any person with 2 eyes can see one clear sole has yellowed with age and da other one hasn't, doesn't mean

da sneakers aren't identical other then their age.

Anyone interested is welcome to test us on this.  
well meth, here's da crux of da problem...da unauthorized goods are coming from da same place da authorized goods are.
That makes it harder to identify them, obviously, but it changes absolutely nothing legally or ethically. 

Not all "early release" shoes come from Nike contracted factories.  Whether they do or not, however, they're still illegal.  If we have reason to believe that someone is selling such products on NikeTalk, they'll be permanently banned from the site.  Anyone promoting these products will also be penalized accordingly.  

It doesn't matter if Phil Knight's illegitimate son is making them in his garage using Bill Bowerman's original waffle iron.  If they aren't authorized by Nike then they are an illegal reproduction of a copyrighted design.

Deal with it.

U shoulda have included the rest of my post, which at least had the punchline bout ninjahood2!

So nobody has ever gotten banned from using their home ip addy, then joined again from their cell phone service just hours later?

Serious question. Really wondering

Last edited:
i skimmed through the last few pages but you guys need to stop with the cut of the patent leather, its pretty much different on every shoe made..

how long you dudes been collecting? seriously.

take 50 pairs of XI breds from December and you will get a bunch of different cuts.

All my size 13s seem to match.

But ok. What about the other issues?

Oh theyre all pretty obvious

not speaking on other issues, im just saying everyone whos been in the game knows patent leather isnt the same on every pair. If you think JB can pull that off then you are crazy :lol:

not speaking on other issues, im just saying everyone whos been in the game knows patent leather isnt the same on every pair. If you think JB can pull that off then you are crazy :lol:
they can, but theres no incentive for them to do this. They want to mass produce their product in the cheapest way possible, which is the main reason grey market pairs even exist. If jordans were made in the US, or even in China with more scrutiny, quality would be way better and there would be a lot less grey markets pairs in existence. I mean look at the yeezy 2's, grey market pairs do not exist with those(just really good fakes) because nike was very tight on production with them

That makes it harder to identify them, obviously, but it changes absolutely nothing legally or ethically. 

Not all "early release" shoes come from Nike contracted factories.  Whether they do or not, however, they're still illegal.  If we have reason to believe that someone is selling such products on NikeTalk, they'll be permanently banned from the site.  Anyone promoting these products will also be penalized accordingly.  

It doesn't matter if Phil Knight's illegitimate son is making them in his garage using Bill Bowerman's original waffle iron.  If they aren't authorized by Nike then they are an illegal reproduction of a copyrighted design.

Deal with it.
thats sounds really great on paper meth..but it doesn't really address da issue, because da issue is bigger then us.

i'd love to know what measures are you taking to protect da buy and sell forum from products that

are identical from retail counterparts ethics aside? as it stands unless you're buying kicks straight from footlocker

you'd never know da difference between da grey markets and retail pairs for da most part. you can't poke a stick at something

intangible such as ethitcs, there's no tagged pics thats gonna reveal da majority of da ever increasing grey markets proliferating da marketplace.

last time i checked i wasn't a buy & sell mod either so i really dont have to deal with it either...seems ya gonna have ya hands full for

da foreseeable future.
laugh.gif

thats sounds really great on paper meth..but it doesn't really address da issue, because da issue is bigger then us.

i'd love to know what measures are you taking to protect da buy and sell forum from products that

are identical from retail counterparts ethics aside? as it stands unless you're buying kicks straight from footlocker

you'd never know da difference between da grey markets and retail pairs for da most part. you can't poke a stick at something

intangible such as ethitcs, there's no tagged pics thats gonna reveal da majority of da ever increasing grey markets proliferating da marketplace.

last time i checked i wasn't a buy & sell mod either so i really dont have to deal with it either...seems ya gonna have ya hands full for

da foreseeable future. :lol:

Aint doing nothing.

These clearly aint 2009s
View media item 425129View media item 425130
I even called dude out in the thread. A mod had to approve my post.

Last edited:
The issue is people promoting what they know to be unauthorized products, simply because they're "identical" to authentics.

What you say IS under your control, is it not?  

As for the buy/sell area, our team continues to make their best effort to weed out anything that might be considered fraudulent or illegal.  We would never knowingly allow such products to be sold through our site, and I think that's a hell of a lot better than most sites, and it's certainly better than this nonsense about buying "grey market" products because "you can't tell the difference."  

There are KNOWN sites out there that deal exclusively in "grey market" products.  We want to make it perfectly clear that such sites are NOT to be promoted on our forums.  
So nobody has ever gotten banned from using their home ip addy, then joined again from their cell phone service just hours later?
Of course it's happened, but that doesn't mean that we can't keep people out or even contact their ISP about their behavior if we've cause to do so.  

I don't think I really have to name names here, but, suffice it to say, there are some users you don't see around here anymore - under ANY screen name.  They didn't all vanish into thin air or stop visiting the site by choice.

When it comes to the law in particular, we have to be very strict and we'll use every tool at our disposal to protect our community.

elitism as its finest.

a lil bird told me not only are these da same exact sneakers, but they're DEFINITELY coming out da same factories out in china...

pou chen factory <<<<<< go google that

there's nothing nike can do about it because ALOT of it has to do with corruption in da Chinese side of things, and da fact that nike subcontracts everything aint helping em out.

i mean you gotta ask smart questions to get smart answers.

like i told ya before, da ENTIRE XI lineup is now being made grey market....we're in a new era in coppin jordans.....
Seriously you need a more legit source than "a lil bird"

If they all came from the same factory from the same production line from the same employees they would be 100% identical to retail pairs. And im not talking just the patent leather cut but im talking bout retail boxes, inserts, shoe trees, material, upcs on tags. But their not. Seriously so many variations on all the items I mentioned you cant seriously think they all came from the same factory. 

Me personally I could care less how the next man spends his money but dont try and portray counterfeit jordans as legit. 

Maybe US Customs should get tipped off and you can explain to them and Jordan Brand how your Chinese Taobao specials are legit. Im sure they'll like to hear your arguments. 

elitism as its finest.

a lil bird told me not only are these da same exact sneakers, but they're DEFINITELY coming out da same factories out in china...

pou chen factory <<<<<< go google that

there's nothing nike can do about it because ALOT of it has to do with corruption in da Chinese side of things, and da fact that nike subcontracts everything aint helping em out.

i mean you gotta ask smart questions to get smart answers.

like i told ya before, da ENTIRE XI lineup is now being made grey market....we're in a new era in coppin jordans.....
Seriously you need a more legit source than "a lil bird"

If they all came from the same factory from the same production line from the same employees they would be 100% identical to retail pairs. And im not talking just the patent leather cut but im talking bout retail boxes, inserts, shoe trees, material, upcs on tags.
*cough*

T2KOnlXlxXXXXXXXXX_%21%2151492967.jpg
T2D56lXkVXXXXXXXXX_%21%2151492967.jpg
T2fJ1gXopbXXXXXXXX_%21%2151492967.jpg
T2g2lnXgROXXXXXXXX_%21%2151492967.jpg

you were saying?

although i have no qualms with buying grey market kicks, i would not approve of someone passing them for store bought kicks during sale. NINJAHOOD, can we all agree at least on that point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom