Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's just scary how close fakes are to authentic

i will never be sure on a purchase unless it's straight from the store

Yeah I don't know if its just the r*stor but these "GM"/Fakes def have a smaller wings logo. Our new way to determine fake royals guys...

one thing i will say i like from the fakes is that the stars on the sole are more consistent and evenly spaced + there's no fraying on the cut of the back part of the royal blue part of the leather.

but everything else is :x

i find that the toebox is one of the biggest clues

real ones have a more pronounced toebox that are more perpendicular to the sole before tapering off

fakes already begin tapering almost at a 45 degree angle once leaving the midsole

these are great photos phillie5o3.

problem is that vendors do not have many face up photos on their listings to compare i.e. straight shot of the toe box, sole, side profile, etc. everything is at an angle. whether it is for deceptive purposes or just to give the product photo more style, who knows.
eyes.gif

Im curious how could they run out of legit materials for the royals but still pumping out the 11's with supposably   legit materials ?

Im curious how could they run out of legit materials for the royals but still pumping out the 11's with supposably   legit materials ?

where are you getting this run out of materials? they are just straight up fakes.

there might or might not be GM royals. Probably are but maybe they are long gone and supplier ran out and got fakes sent to everyone. Like i said, a legit seller thats not know by USA buyers who has the highest rating possible has all legit shoes then he has the same royals.

So all the other GMs are real but the royal ones are fake????

I mean how does that sound honestly

They had a real run now the supplier is pushing out fake ones??

Sounds like your making up stuff as you go. Another assumption being passed off in your last couple post.

SjS and and concords a couple pages back looked decent though

Last edited:

Sounds like your making up stuff as you go. Another assumption being passed off in your last couple post.

to be honest, i think they're all fake (the factory that most these taobao sites are getting their kicks from— ex: rstor, kinstor, etc).

they've just perfected a few models (like the 3's, 4's, & 11's).

to be honest, i think they're all fake (the factory that most these taobao sites are getting their kicks from— ex: rstor, kinstor, etc).

THIS. How can GM royals still be coming out the factory 6 months after release?

I'm not sure why this is concept is so hard to grasp. As long as you have to proper recipe you can make cookies whenever you want right? Same goes for these factories. Nike doesn't own anything but the design of the shoe. They don't own the factories or the materials. All Nike owns is the design. They hire these factories and provide them with the "recipe" to make their shoes. From their the factories order or make the proper supplies and materials to produce these shoes. As long as the factories still have the proper tech pack and molds they can reproduce a shoes as many times as they want for as long after release date as they want.

Like I stated before there is a reason there they aren't reproducing these royals they way they were originally. And it's not because they ran out of materials. Because once thy run out they can order more just like they'd do for regular production. There's just something that isn't cost effective about these shoes. Something about the combination of materials or the way these shoes were made/put together is costing too much. That's probably why Nike had such a small number of these made and why the Factories are not reproducing them true to form. Something about these shoes just isn't a money maker.

Last edited:

So it's not possible for a seller of illegal merchandise to hold both high quality fakes and GM shoes? Plenty of replica sites now have an "authentic" section that caries GM shoes. Doesn't sound unreasonable at all. As always it's the consumers job to know what they're buying.

Last edited:

this is an interesting thought. however, how do you explain the use of real carbon fiber on the 11's?

with everyone so focused into the earlier retro models, one thing that hasn't been brought up much is, how the shoe/tech of the shoe feel compared to RD models i.e. 11's, 12's, and 13's. these models use full length max air (11) and zoom air (12/13). do these GM models copy down to the technology too? or is it just the shell of the shoe that looks the same, but the feel of the shoe is not.

this is an interesting thought. however, how do you explain the use of real carbon fiber on the 11's?

with everyone so focused into the earlier retro models, one thing that hasn't been brought up much is, how the shoe/tech of the shoe feel compared to RD models i.e. 11's, 12's, and 13's. these models use full length max air (11) and zoom air (12/13). do these GM models copy down to the technology too? or is it just the shell of the shoe that looks the same, but the feel of the shoe is not.

is real carbon fiber not obtainable or unable to be duplicated in china?

is real carbon fiber not obtainable or unable to be duplicated in china?
If these factories are able to acquire them to make nikes authorized shoes why wouldn't they be able to get them for these? You guys are thinking way too deeply into things. It's as simple as since they make nikes shoes they have the same exact access to the materials they've been using to make the official shoes. That simple.

If these factories are able to acquire them to make nikes authorized shoes why wouldn't they be able to get them for these? You guys are thinking way too deeply into things. It's as simple as since they make nikes shoes they have the same exact access to the materials they've been using to make the official shoes. That simple.

it was a rhetorical question btw. :lol:

but it isn't proven that rstor/kinstor is getting their shoes from the same factories nike is making their shoes in. i know someone mentioned they come from some ‘AJ 23’ factory in china, but that really doesn't mean anything since copyright/trademarking laws on names in china is :x

it was a rhetorical question btw. :lol:

but it isn't proven that rstor/kinstor is getting their shoes from the same factories nike is making their shoes in. i know someone mentioned they come from some ‘AJ 23’ factory in china, but that really doesn't mean anything since copyright/trademarking laws on names in china is :x

True GM shoes that are made from the same materials do come from the same factory. They do exist and they do come from the same place. The ones that aren't the same like these royals are probably coming from somewhere else. I'm sure they don't get all of their shoes from one source.

True GM shoes that are made from the same materials do come from the same factory. They do exist and they do come from the same place. The ones that aren't the same like these royals are probably coming from somewhere else. I'm sure they don't get all of their shoes from one source.

My agent said they come from a Jordan Factory in DongGuan City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom