Grievances At Work

I work at Sherwin Williams. We have a total of four employees a manager,assistant manager, and two part timers. I'm one of the part timers and it seems like I am being over worked. I have to take the shipment off the truck and put all the shipment up by myself majority of the time. I'm the only one that takes out the boxes and on top of that I have to deal with customers. How should I approach the managers about my grievances?

god forbid you work nonstop during your shift
nerd.gif
 Sarcasm? That's easy to say when you're not the one in the back putting up the entire truck alone with no air conditioning in the back while the managers are taking cigarette breaks.

Either deal with it or quit. You work retail. They can get anyone off the street to work that job without complaints.

And it's easy to say quit somebody well gladly take the job. I highly doubt you've ever seen a Sherwin Williams shipment its always atleast 12 palettes stacked with 5 gallon drums and gallon boxes and that's heavy as hell.

your job is your job. the managers do managing. why would they work side by side next to a part timer?

your job is your job. the managers do managing. why would they work side by side next to a part timer?
Cause they specfically said IT'S OUR JOB to put the stuff up. Besides once school starts again I won't be working all those shifts either. Essentially I'm doing my job and their job. Like I said it's easy to say if you're not the one doing it.

Cause they specfically said IT'S OUR JOB to put the stuff up. Besides once school starts again I won't be working all those shifts either. Essentially I'm doing my job and their job. Like I said it's easy to say if you're not the one doing it.
If you haven't figured it out by now. Dudes a troll. Ignore him.

i mean its your job techically either do it or quit

and im not just talking behind a keyboard i work part time too and because the business is too cheap to hire more labor
im left slaving away most of my shift doing the work of 2-3 people while my bosses chill in their office it sucks but theres nothing i can do about it because i am not being a "team player" then

try to use it as motivation for a potential promotion if they see you working hard and not complaining itll eventually lead to them trusting you to run the business when they are gone

on one hand, if they tell you to do something at your job, you pretty much have to do it. saying you're overworked doesnt really work these days as people are expected to 'wear multiple hats' and take on multiple tasks.

that being said, you can bring it up to your manager that you feel you could use some assistance from your fellow coworkers to help get things done more efficiently and to work together as a team to accomplish tasks.

just don't come off as if you're complaining as it wont help your case.

Sounds like when I worked at UPS but I was doing 3 people's worth of work while they chilled in the air conditioned trailer. Quit on them with a quickness

As a college student it's really nothing else to do man

go to your career center, they usually have job postings and the employers give preference to the applicants from your school. I applied to about 50 postings and 3 weeks later I was outta retail with a pretty awesome gig in real estate, the same day I got hired I also got a call from another job saying they wanted me to come in for an interview, but I had to decline it.

Your job most likely is overworking you, if what you say is true. you should start taking more frequent breaks whenever you get tired, i mean they can't do nothin about it :lol:

As a college student it's really nothing else to do man

go to your career center, they usually have job postings and the employers give preference to the applicants from your school. I applied to about 50 postings and 3 weeks later I was outta retail with a pretty awesome gig in real estate, the same day I got hired I also got a call from another job saying they wanted me to come in for an interview, but I had to decline it.

Your job most likely is overworking you, if what you say is true. you should start taking more frequent breaks whenever you get tired, i mean they can't do nothin about it :lol:

Listen to that man. Last thing you wanna do is only have retail experience because you're in college. It will hurt you eventually. Start looking for jobs related to your major NOW.

If you haven't figured it out by now. Dudes a troll. Ignore him.

say what you guys want to say about him, he has a point. The managers are there to manage the shop, make sure job sites get their deliveries etc. Stop complaining about labor and man up.

3 White 1 black guess who's the only black one...
This is clearly a race issue then.

Take this to the top and don't stop before you get yours.
Don't jump to that conclusion just yet. OP, what exactly does the other part timer do? We need the entire story, but we won't get the full context since it's only coming from your POV

Back
Top Bottom