griffey chooses..........Mariners!!!..LOL

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

will seattle have an alternate jersey this year other than the throwbacks? a navy #24 jersey would be DOPE!
They are selling them on the mariners website.

prod

They need to bring back the teal jerseys.
pimp.gif

Nice pics of people sewing on the names and numbers of the jersey, it's always interesting to see how those types of things are made...well at least to meit is. But anybody selling Mariner/Griffey gear is going to bring in the money.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

You guys buying authentics or replicas?

What are the differences anyway? Sizing (42,44,46 vs. M,L,XL) and the name/number (sewn patch vs. iron-on)? Please enlighten me.
embarassed.gif
Basically answered your own question. Sewn on letters just looks so much more official. But hey money might be tight so cop what you can. Either way the Home Griffey authentic will be copped no doubt about it.

Oh, those are the only differences? I thought there were more...

I dunno if they still do this, but I remember the name-lettering on the back of authentic jersey's used to be sewn on a big rectangular patch before theywere sewn onto the jersey...
But here, the worker is sewing each individual letter on...
capt.82361c28364744298431e3e9dac7d3f5.aptopix_mariners_griffey_baseball_watw103.jpg

Do authentics still sew letters on the rectangular patch first? (I hope that made sense.)

is that picture up there with junior in maroon and white real? can't be, i don't remember him with a tattoo
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

You guys buying authentics or replicas?

What are the differences anyway? Sizing (42,44,46 vs. M,L,XL) and the name/number (sewn patch vs. iron-on)? Please enlighten me.
embarassed.gif
Basically answered your own question. Sewn on letters just looks so much more official. But hey money might be tight so cop what you can. Either way the Home Griffey authentic will be copped no doubt about it.

Oh, those are the only differences? I thought there were more...

I dunno if they still do this, but I remember the name-lettering on the back of authentic jersey's used to be sewn on a big rectangular patch before they were sewn onto the jersey...
But here, the worker is sewing each individual letter on...
capt.82361c28364744298431e3e9dac7d3f5.aptopix_mariners_griffey_baseball_watw103.jpg

Do authentics still sew letters on the rectangular patch first? (I hope that made sense.)
i believe you are referring to the "name plate" and i also believe some authentics have them some don't

^ Lol, I remember that... I dunno, but I kinda liked the idea, despite how ridiculous the unis were... Jr. and David Segui also played the entire game withtheir caps backwards, which is something you'll never see.

e273553ae99a6607e8c57ede2839294fc47afb8.pjpg

84e25bbebc654ec07622bf265c00578046c73f5.pjpg
d1035f26e4fb6551ed6f7459217040afe194c8b.pjpg

ElijahDukes wrote:
i believe you are referring to the "name plate" and i also believe some authentics have them some don't

Yeah thats probably it. I was under the impression that it was only done for authentics... I guess not.

More pics Dummy!
smokin.gif

he doesn't have the swingman logo tatted on his arm.

001252749.jpg

but he has gotten something tatted on one of his arms...can't remember what it is, but i'll look for a pic.

ahh okay, thanks. wow, diehard mariners fan and i do NOT remember that game... crazy ugly uniforms...
laugh.gif

I remember when they did the futuristic night around the league, I was amazed, I wanted one SO bad.

I see dudes on NLT selling em sometime, wish I had one
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

^^^

Did Nike know Griff was going to sign with the Mariners, I see them sewing on some Royal Blue letters, possible throwbacks to go with the Royal Griffey Max 1??
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

not really...I doubt it. I was listening to local sports radio station in Seattle yesterday and they had an interview with his agent and the decision reallycame down like 1 or 2 days before he made his announcement to come back to Seattle. He really was about to go to ATL because of his daughter (his daughterplays AAU ball in ATL) but his family was really supportive of him coming back to Seattle and also Willie Mays talked to him to go back to Seattle. So no, Idon't think even Nike really knew what was going on.

8c3353e9e0bee9400656cee92a58acd59050528.pjpg

he's really coming back!

Originally Posted by finnns2003

ahh okay, thanks. wow, diehard mariners fan and i do NOT remember that game... crazy ugly uniforms...
laugh.gif
maybe so.....but i want one of them hats still

Quick question: does anybody have the picture of someone from Nike showing Griffey some sketches of the Nike Air Griffey Max II's (I'm pretty surethat's the right model) on a design board?

I saw this somewhere but can't remember where. I even looked through this whole thread and didn't see it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom