Grilling / Broiling Steaks? What's your seasoning?

It's Memorial Day, gonna grill some steaks or ribeyes but want to try something new season wise / marinate. What do you use NT?

A little extra virgin olive oil + kosher salt + freshly ground black pepper. that is all you need on a steak. no rubs, no marinades nothing too fancy.

garlic powder/ and a lil lowrys. i dont put too much on it. if its a quality steak you dont need too much on it

Originally Posted by Jeuce

A little extra virgin olive oil + kosher salt + freshly ground black pepper. that is all you need on a steak. no rubs, no marinades nothing too fancy.
That's usually all I do.

Ive gone through atleast 3 bottles of this:

0004760001143_L4.jpg

just the perfect blend of spices... trust me

Originally Posted by TRUFANCE

Spread some butter on your steaks you won't be disappointed
the secret for pan frying steaks too... cooking steaks with butter is the MOOOVE.

kosher salt + pepper
pimp.gif

if you NEED seasoning, i like montreal steak seasoning. but go easy on it cause it's super salty/herby.

im gonna have to try putting butter on it next time i make one.

Fresh ground balck pepper, just make sure its not too fine with some kosher salt or sea salt. That way your steak will have crust that will be very nice. Ifyou have to do a marinade just pick up something at the store that looks good.

I do have to disagree on the issue of rubs. I think a well executed rub is great just don't OD it.

Listen to this man. Matter of fact I season mine with some sea selt and black pepper and cook it in a skillet, while it's real hot. If you season it toomuch, it takes away from the flavor of the meat.

I cook mine medium rare. I do the same as everyone here... Olive oil plus either montreal steak seasoning or a combo of kosher salt and black pepper.

My favorite cuts are porterhouse, ny strip, and ribeye. Those are really the only ones I'll have. The thicker the cut, the better. 1.5" =
pimp.gif

if it's a good piece of meat, it only needs salt and pepper... if it's cheap stuff, the montreal stuff isn't a bad idea.

Add some freshly squeezed lime juice and you got a party in your mouth
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom