Grosby Billy Ray Bates & Kaypee

do you still remeber this shoes? I remeber my father used to have those Grosby red & white colorway with a red strap. for me this wasthe best locally produced shoe for bball same with Kaypee Futura shoe used by Capt.Alvin durable & comfortable.

You forgot Add-In (w/c spells like Addoin).
laugh.gif

how bout wings? all american? My first pair, Grosby back in grade school. Ultra hard air soles
roll.gif

yeah i remember billy ray bates' grosby with his face (tama ba?) on the side... great shoes! at that time
smile.gif

all these kicks are available before in Zenco Footsep, is there any branch that is still open?

^^^How 'bout Dinolight?? Yung may strobe lights sa midsole w/c lights up every time you take a step!
roll.gif

Those Kaypee's are hot even though its a clear copy cat of Converse CONS... And the poster wherein players wore Barong Talagog / Black pants and thisKaypee.... Talk about formal with Kicks just like J's in proms
smile.gif

Kaypees were the bomb... I'm all for supporting local brands! I didn't know they're the same makers of islander slippers

Adidas back then was produced locally by Rubberworld along Quirino Hi-Way... these are the same factory that made the Kaypee and Grosby shoes.... we werebuying adi superstar there coz of the 50 pesos difference from store price to factory price....

I remember envying a friend whose superstar is made in France and the sole was softer than the local and it's yellowing which is a sign that its notlocally made...

I had kaypee in 4th grade, everyone in school was teasing me because they had their air Jordans, GH Filas, RBK Shaqs and air Pennies.

^^^How 'bout Dinolight?? Yung may strobe lights sa midsole w/c lights up every time you take a step!

La gear man. If im not mistaken these were the first ones to have those "lights" in the shoe. 2 variationswere available back then.

1 where light is at the heel portion and can be pulled up wih a special la gear thingy. Other one would be the pair of LED's at the side of the shoe...Hahaha!

DINOLIGHT is the first shoe i was begging to my mom to buy for me before Nikes .. still remember the commercial of DINOLIGHT

Originally Posted by Swooshie5

La gear man. If im not mistaken these were the first ones to have those "lights" in the shoe. 2 variationswere available back then.

1 where light is at the heel portion and can be pulled up wih a special la gear thingy. Other one would be the pair of LED's at the side of the shoe... Hahaha!
There's just one thing that I've been wondering about since I was a kid. What happens if the battery runs out?
roll.gif

i used to have kaypee futura. i think i was in grade 4 when i had that. nice to remember those days.

Back
Top Bottom