GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

let's hope that he waits until he's fully recovered. going back too soon- that injury can linger....

man... anything to try and breakup the dynasty....

Warriors suspend Draymond Green for one game after dust-up

The Golden State Warriors have suspended forward Draymond Green for one game, citing conduct detrimental to the team, following his angry exchange with Kevin Durant during Monday night's overtime loss to the Los Angeles Clippers.

The confrontation carried into the Warriors' locker room, where some teammates loudly confronted Green for his decision-making on the final play of regulation, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears.
Green will be benched without pay as the Warriors host the Atlanta Hawks on Tuesday night. The suspension will cost him $120,480.

Sources: Warriors confront Green in locker room
An angry late-game exchange between Kevin Durant and Draymond Green carried into the Golden State Warriors locker room on Monday night in Los Angeles, sources told ESPN.

• Emotions flare between Durant, Green in loss
    Kevin Durant and Draymond Green, who usually work to keep each other's emotions in check, exchanged heated words at the end of regulation in an overtime loss to the Clippers. "Things happen like that in sports," Warriors guard Shaun Livingston insisted.
Some witnesses told Wojnarowski and Spears that the closed-door exchange was one of the most intense of this Warriors era. However, no one had to be separated, no player left his seat and no hint of physicality loomed in the setting, sources said.

Wojnarowski and Spears reported earlier Tuesday that the organization was taking seriously the fallout from the confrontation and was spending the day working through the issues that might have been created -- or even advanced -- within the team's dynamic.

Warriors officials were weighing whether comments made between teammates had crossed a line, sources said.

Durant's impending free agency heightens the sensitivity of the turmoil.

Teammates argued with Green over his choice in the final moments to keep the ball instead of passing to Durant for a try at a game-winning shot, sources said. Meanwhile, Green was forceful in defending himself, which helped to escalate the volume in the room, sources said.

Durant was visibly upset when Green gathered a defensive rebound in the final moments of a tie game and dribbled the ball up the court before losing control without a shot. Durant was seen clapping his hands, an apparent call for the ball.

Neither player addressed the media after the game, but veteran point guard Shaun Livingston downplayed the heated exchange.

"Just team spirit," Livingston said. "Team spirit. Guys wanted a different outcome than what happened. Obviously, Dray had the turnover, guys might have thought they were open or wanted the basketball, didn't get it. Things happen like that in sports. But it was good to see some fire, some emotion."

This could be the beginning of the end. IMO, I think they'll clear the air and finish the season. But looks like KD is ready to go.

And if he does, I wouldn't be surprised.

^^ if KD does go then so be it.

as long as they win the chip this season....

it was a good run for the dynasty, but yeah- i feel this is the beginning of the end too.....

KD gone, might as well start looking for a serviceable wing player.

Makes the league more competitve but this run has been great. Myers gon have his work cut out for him.

Worst thing that can happen is we over pay Draymond but the core 3 gotta remain intact. Draft picks gon mean something going forward. McCaw just smh he would have gotten ample PT just had to wait one more year smh

I wonder if after this , this makes Russ look like less of the bad guy

674067AB-EFA5-4B99-8171-A0C88BDF0655.jpeg

THIS IS FINE

I see management wanting to keep KD to keep the roster re-build at the minimum. Having a player of that caliber will continue to be benefit the franchise through revenue and winning more championships.

If he leaves, I'm sure Lacob and Myers will want to continue this run as long as they can. How will they be able to? Not sure.

I see management wanting to keep KD to keep the roster re-build at the minimum. Having a player of that caliber will continue to be benefit the franchise through revenue and winning more championships.

If he leaves, I'm sure Lacob and Myers will want to continue this run as long as they can. How will they be able to? Not sure.
I think it’s premature to see what’s going to happen in offseason when are like 1 month into the season.

BUT to just keep the convo interesting, let’s say he does go...gives us a little room to try and keep Boogie. Kahwi should be available (don’t see this happening). We also need to re-sign Klay.

i'm pretty sure a majority of Dub Nation agrees with me when I say that whatever happens in the off season, there's nothing but gratitude and respect to KD for his time in Oakland.

that being said, i hope that myers/lacob do whatever it takes to keep the original core 3 intact. between steph, klay, and dray, there's enough defense and offense between just those three to build around and keep this dynasty running. again, all speculation, but no KD or Boogie next year doesn't spell the end of an era. history has shown us that there are always FA veterans who can contribute and are willing to take a smaller salary to play for legitimate contender.

espnapi_nba_a_warriors_d1_576x324_wmain.jpg

I think it’s premature to see what’s going to happen in offseason when are like 1 month into the season.

BUT to just keep the convo interesting, let’s say he does go...gives us a little room to try and keep Boogie. Kahwi should be available (don’t see this happening). We also need to re-sign Klay.

If KD leaves we dont have any money to sign any significant FAs like Boogie or Leonard. The money that would go to KD would be gone. Were already over the cap.

The focus would then be to sign Klay at the max and fill in the roster with MLE or little contracts.

Can't sign Boogie to a max deal because we don't have his bird rights.

The subject about KD might leave next season is funny, because we're talking about the probably most stars stacked roster of all time.
If steph and klay are really that great, the loss of KD should not be a big deal at all.

Speaking of thw recent losing trend of thw warriors, i think it became obvious that Green is more important than some may admit.
He's the core of their defense and he provided good support in scoring at times.
Now after his ban, his performance definitely speaks another language.
The intensity is not there.
I'm not sure whether it was good that the front office praised too much to keep KD.
Before KD arrived, they were already the best team in the league.

Warriors losing all three games in Texas. Haven't seen that happen in years.

all i know is that KD can walk. as long as we keep our core then we should be good.

he should be killin now, showing the dubs that yeah, i'm the man i can carry this team. nope.

he couldn't put the team on his back or hit a 3 to save his life...

all this 'drama' happening is just showing how much of a primadonna his is...

How can you not like this guy man.....

but i bet that little girl's dad was telling her what to write... :wink::rofl:

I'm going the first week of February to SanFran from México and I'm trying to catch the game against the Spurs the 6th.

Thinking about getting upper deck tickets, worth the experience even upstairs? (tickets are expensive lol)

We're staying near SFO, should we get there really early? Pre-game is cool?

Any tips or something I should know?

I'm going the first week of February to SanFran from México and I'm trying to catch the game against the Spurs the 6th.

Thinking about getting upper deck tickets, worth the experience even upstairs? (tickets are expensive lol)

We're staying near SFO, should we get there really early? Pre-game is cool?

Any tips or something I should know?

You can BART from Millbrae to Coliseum, otherwise it might take an 1-1.5 hrs because youll either have to take San Mateo Bridge to 880 during rush hour or go through downtown SF and Bay bridge during rush hour

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom