GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

Although it's a "lost" season, one of the best things about this season is that I feel like we have the original Warrior vibe pre-title years back. It's now just the diehards like us who ride or die with the Warriors no matter how they're doing. In some of the wins and even in today's game, there are moments when you can feel the OG Oracle energy on TV. Throwback to even before the We Believe year.

It's also a plus to allow Steph, Klay, and Dray really take the time to recover from playing so many intense games over 5 years....in a way this could end up working out really well as long as Myers can make the right moves to rebuild around them.

Although it's a "lost" season, one of the best things about this season is that I feel like we have the original Warrior vibe pre-title years back. It's now just the diehards like us who ride or die with the Warriors no matter how they're doing. In some of the wins and even in today's game, there are moments when you can feel the OG Oracle energy on TV. Throwback to even before the We Believe year.

It's also a plus to allow Steph, Klay, and Dray really take the time to recover from playing so many intense games over 5 years....in a way this could end up working out really well as long as Myers can make the right moves to rebuild around them.

tonights game was like that...you can feel the vibe and see the improvement in the team since the beginning of the season (ky bowman and jordan poole are really fun to watch)...and you can tell the squad is mostly rookies...my kids were screamin at the tv...it def gave me that warrior vibe i grew up with...

my kids have only seen the warriors win...theyve been to the 3 parades and all that...they didnt really know what i was talkin about when id explain this isnt how the warriors were when i was growin up...i believe in myers, but man...we shoulda never let jerry west walk...that dude knows talent and can build a roster...look at what he turned the clips into

Tank or not. What a terrible final sequence for the Warriors. Call a damn timeout, Kerr. We can still tank the rest of the season.

lol...with 22 seconds left bowman literally dribbled for 20 seconds without passing or putting a shot up...

i think the rookies are getting some great experience...id still rather have ky bowman than quinn cook....cook frustrated the hell out of me last season

last night's game reminds me of the Dubs of old, we found a way to lose it.

With that said though, it did bring back old feelings like... 'this is the team i grew up with...LOL'

alotta fun watching these rooks grow and get a feel for the NBA game. Hopefully we can keep 'em and not let them go (arenas anyone?)

Yes, i know he was a 2nd rounder and we couldn't match....

I agree these rookies are getting plenty of experience. But my goodness, Kerr had a better opportunity to coach those final 20 seconds to give them the best chance to win.

arenas rule was terrible...gsw had always been king of the 2nd round...we picked up some ballers back in the day late in the draft...our lottery picks were always *** tho...esp in the 90s

with all the experience this year...and the vets comin back late this year/next year...im honestly excited for our starting lineup and bench next season...if ky bowman can find a high percentage shot and if jordan poole/eric paschall starts shadowing klay/dray...were gonna have some nice pieces off the bench...winning had become automatic the last few years...i finally feel excited when we sniff a win again!

Thanks! We're hanging in there and taking it one day at a time.

Hope you guys have been doing well!

Congratulations to you! Can't believe I have an almost 2 year old and a 4 year old...time indeed passes by quickly. Enjoy the younger years even through the hard days/nights. There won't be moments like this where someone is so reliant on your love and care.

take lots of pics/vids!!! they're only young once.

every time i get a time hop notification i get a little emo because of how young/small the kiddos were.....

March 23, 2008

My best friend Josh who lives in LA, calls me at 8am and asks me what my Easter plans were. Since my parents had retired and moved to Arizona, and Easter is one of those smaller holidays that I never flew out to go see them for, I had no plans. He said "shot in the dark, but do you want to drive down here and go watch the Warriors Lakers game at Staples?" 20 minutes later, I was in my car driving south.

The game was unbelievable. We jumped out to a ridiculous lead. Stephen Jackson hit a bunch of threes. Monta was killin. I want to say we were up by close to 25 at halftime. Then, Kobe happened. After a rough first half for him, he was unbelievable in the 2nd half. Hitting huge shots. Great passes finding open players. Just completely took over the game. Lakers erased that massive lead and if it wasnt for Stephen Jackson hitting 2 monster threes at the end of the game (to match Kobe's), we would have had the win stolen from us.

Kobe finished with 36, 14 and 8. Monta and Jack both had 31. We won by 4 points.

Was just an amazing game, and one of my favorite games I have ever been to in my life. Such a great memory. RIP Kobe.

31FF9CFE-6A8F-451B-BEFE-379060128220.jpeg

I feel truly blessed to have seen him play against the Warriors for the very last time.

RIP to my favorite player ever.

wasnt a Kobe fan growing up, it was tough to like him in the Bay Area if you were a Warriors fan...he did great against us and had alotta fans up here...

i remember trying to get into a Warrior game one year when the Lakers were in 1st place and ticket prices were crazy...this was towards the end of his career...i couldnt get in that evening

im glad i witnessed his era...he seemed like a great guy...although i hated the Lakers growing up...i was glad they beat Boston...the Kobe/Shaq era was tough if you were a Warriors fan...but it was great basketball

RIP to all those that passed away...life is too short, it can be taken from anyone at any time...his Dear Basketball poem is beautiful and it makes his passing as well as any loved ones passing hurt a little more

One of the things I wanted to do was look back at some old ticket stubs.

Was present for the dual 50's in 2000....also 90% sure Phil Jackson got tossed in that one, too.

can't remember how many Laker games I went to over the years.

Back
Top Bottom