GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

how yall feel about wiggins?
man...you scared me for a sec...i jumped to bleacher report real quick to see if we may have actually got wiggins...

id rather keep DLo than pickup any package from minnesota that included Wiggins...he hasnt done anything in minny and DLo will always have a buyer...the league is over Wiggins while DLoncan start at the 1 for more than half the teams in the league...id like him if he were cheap or someone that got cut and we picked up...unless we get a star i think DLo stays and gets packaged w the pick in the summer...anf im not a DLo fan...dude hates to pass the ball

how yall feel about wiggins?
Negatives:
-A black-hole on offense.
-Isn't great on defense.
-Struggles with consistency at times.

Positives:
-Great scorer when firing on all cylinders.
-Capable of playing good defense.
-Since he's fairly young, he can still be molded to a better player through practice and the right system.

Conclusion, I'd rather have a big.

man...if we do a trade w the pelicans...a dream would be getting ingram...his stock rose unfortunately this season tho...but a dlo package w picks may be nice for ingram...the money doesnt line up tho...

ingram has a kd lite type game

i was hoping for a bigger haul for burks, considering the dude is a reliable scorer off the bench and was showing that he could hit from the perimeter. nevertheless, glad they got something in return for him. we would've lost him in free agency anyways.

bob myers is a genius. turned some FA pick ups in WCS, GR3, and Burks into multiple second round picks

yeah...myers is nice...but i wish we woulda kept jerry west...he built great teams with lakers/grizzlies/warriors/clippers...

myers has picked some nice 2nd rounders so far...actually the warriors always did better with late picks than lottery picks...

i was hoping DLo and Burks and anything else for Simmons

it doesnt really make sense...we basically traded him for wiggins since we gave up a 1st to get him in the kd s&t

I have never liked Wiggins. Hopefully Wiggins + multiple 1sts and multiple 2nds will land us a star.

I liked Spellman, should've gotten another pick for him. Wiggins will do more for us than Dlo so not mad at that. Hopefully a change of scenery will be good for him. He dropped 40 points on us last year lol

I guess the front office wanted us to have another scorer. I don't neccessarily agree with picking Wiggins up, but I trust this organization.

yeah...im sure hell get better looks than when he was on minny...but its basically our main 4 plus draft picks over the next two yeaes at this point...ky looks like hed be nice off the bench and hopefully poole can back up klay...but poole seems like a liability on defense...i know wiggins can score, but i dont know how good he is on defense...either way the next few seasons will be fun to watch the team develop

I like the wiggins trade. The man has never been in a winning environment (no minny is not of proved it) and asked to be a 3rd option on the team. The culture we have with the core should push him especially considering it was the last big contract he may get barring changes.

He is athletic as all get up. Can score and can play defense. The question is dray and klay going to hold him accountable on the defensive end. Tough for Jimmy to do that coming in new to minny kerr and thibs different. I think wiggins is going to be a pleasant surprise. And I'll take wiggins over Burks spelman or gr3.

Dlo was never gonna work with steph long term. Wiggins can be an upgrade over harrison. And let's be honest we weren't getting dlo off for a great big time scorer and brand ain't letting simmons go no way was never gonna happen especially for dlo.

In all I like the trades and focus on next years draft vs this class which is rough

I wouldn't mind getting HB back or Jimmy B lol

But nah its too early for to give an opinion on Wigs. I'm hoping, as I'm sure we all are, that being in this championship environment will rub off on Wigs in a good way. He legitimately has the tools to easily be an AS, All-NBA, or All-Defense so that's not something Im concerned about. I'm worried about his drive, his hunger, whether or not he's gritty, his focus, his will to win, his work ethic.

Last edited:
agree that simmons for Dlo and fillers was not gonna happen...ive always liked wiggins, but man his contract is gonna be tough to deal with...when we were doin great was when we had steph on that ultra discount and klay and dray on the rookie deals...our bench was loaded...

now were banking on myers drafting vision and agency connections...larry riley got steph, jerry west got klay and dray, so far myers best pick has been paschall...poole may work out and ky is better than quinn cook...but none of the bigs myers has drafted has really worked out (looney/jones)

next years lineup looks like:

steph/ky
klay/poole
wiggins/(open)
dray/paschall
chriss/(open)

it woulda been nice if we coulda hung on to burks to have some depth at the 3

agree that simmons for Dlo and fillers was not gonna happen...ive always liked wiggins, but man his contract is gonna be tough to deal with...when we were doin great was when we had steph on that ultra discount and klay and dray on the rookie deals...our bench was loaded...

now were banking on myers drafting vision and agency connections...larry riley got steph, jerry west got klay and dray, so far myers best pick has been paschall...poole may work out and ky is better than quinn cook...but none of the bigs myers has drafted has really worked out (looney/jones)

next years lineup looks like:

steph/ky
klay/poole
wiggins/(open)
dray/paschall
chriss/(open)

it woulda been nice if we coulda hung on to burks to have some depth at the 3

I feel the bench mob were all on min or close to min deals back then too, maybe with the exception of Iggy and Livingston

I feel the bench mob were all on min or close to min deals back then too, maybe with the exception of Iggy and Livingston
true...we resurrected some careers...warriors always brought someone back and made them hot again...i hope we can do the same with wiggins...

wiggins had some nice numbers last night 8/12 fg's and 24 points...

Back
Top Bottom