GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

I'm still not ready to process what I saw but I'm ready for an aggressive offseason

I'm not sold on Howard as a contingency. What about Whiteside?

And Jesus Jason Thompson made $6.5m last year

Gonna be a sad day for me if Mo Speights leaves. always misses those layups/dunks but hes such a likeable guy lmao

I'm still not ready to process what I saw but I'm ready for an aggressive offseason

I'm not sold on Howard as a contingency. What about Whiteside?

And Jesus Jason Thompson made $6.5m last year

Whiteside is chasing the money, he's going to the highest bidder

Whiteside is chasing the money, he's going to the highest bidder

Not even mad at buddy he's been up and down and out of the league. Get paid young fella.also heard he is a headcase off court. If get kd we need a rim protector asap. How much in luxury tax would we be/if we kept both Iggy and bogut? Steph gotta get paid next year

Well looks like Warriors have a meeting with KD...you never know what can come from those things, no one expected Aldridge to jump ship to the Spurs last year until the meetings happened. Let's hope Lacob, Curry & Co. can work their magic. :pimp:

It's pretty clear, I think the main core of Curry/Klay/Draymond/Iggy/(maybe Livingston) are the only players that are gonna be here next year. We could be looking at a lot of roster turnover/upgrades.

It's up to Jerry west

The fact that KD is holding these meetings gives the Warriors a chance, if he definitely wanted to sign with OKC he would have done it already. Warriors got to somehow seal the deal when they meet on Friday. KD wants to get this over with quick before his global trip July 9

i'm still hoping for a whiteside signing too....

i don't care if him and green had a twitter beef.... LOL

Mike Brown filling in Luke's spot

Warriors to hire Mike Brown as Steve Kerr's top assistant

10:46 AM PT
Marc Stein
ESPN Senior Writer

The Golden State Warriors plan to hire Mike Brown to replace Luke Walton as Steve Kerr's top assistant, league sources told ESPN.

The former Cleveland Cavaliers and Los Angeles Lakers coach emerged as Golden State's top choice after the team interviewed a handful of candidates, including holding meetings with the Charlotte Hornets' Stephen Silas and Portland Trail Blazers' Nate Tibbetts during the playoffs.

ESPN reported earlier this month that Brown and Phoenix Suns coach Ty Corbin had established themselves as the top two candidates for the job. Late last week, Corbin elected to take a position with Phoenix as a top aide to Earl Watson, which cleared the way for Brown to land with the Warriors.

Last edited:
whiteside is awful at pick and roll defense if you ever watch him he's kind of a stat chaser and just stays around the restricted zone. he also seems to lack lower body strength for his size.

he has a fairly versatile offensive arsenal, which would be more than enough considering where he would be in the GSW shot-taking hierarchy.

he's additionally considerably improved his FT shooting which is refreshing to see from a center, and his snapchat is mildly entertaining. 

he'd be a great "consolation" prize in the FA sweepstakes, he should get the max. 

also, pretty excited for the mike brown hiring

there's a new GSW-LAC rivalry-- mike v mike; mr potato head v mr potato head

VS  

Last edited:

nerd.gif
pimp.gif

KD and Klay might have the same personality. let their game do the talking on the court and then throw subtle jabs in press conferences.

speaking of KD, I've recently jumped aboard the all-in-for-KD train especially after HB pissed and **** the bed. However, besides being another scorer, ball handler, and a tweener stretch 4, what does KD provide to the team that the team doesn't already have offensively? Obviously KD is the sexy pick-up out of this FA class, but would this team be better served splitting his cap hit between Horford/Howard/or Whiteside and a player like Batum considering KD doesn't really wow anyone with interior defense, which is was terribly exposed when Festus and Varejao were forced to fill in for bogut? Of course signing KD makes this team better immediately, especially that line-up of death, but I'm wondering if there's a combination of FA that could contribute equally if not more on both ends of the court.

How old is Whiteside? This assumes he isn't coachable. For a big man in the current NBA - the options are limited so risk has to be taken.

I wouldnt be.

Why not?

He has success in the same style offense, he won a 2 rings with that offense in LA, very similar to GSW. He works great off the pick and roll, which GSW likes to do, plays defense, and is a steal at the price. He's 35, but he can still ball. Bogut is 31, but more injury prone. And Gasol can give you 10-15 ppg, unlike Bogut. Experienced talent. Would hands down sign and trade for Bogut, and if you want to build the franchise with a younger player, keep Festus.

Last edited:

I wouldnt be.

Why not?

He has success in the same style offense, he won a 2 rings with that offense in LA, very similar to GSW. He works great off the pick and roll, which GSW likes to do, plays defense, and is a steal at the price. He's 35, but he can still ball.
Because I have much higher aspirations for our offseason than to just sign Pau Gasol.  I would be ok with him.  I certainly would not be "happy as heck" with signing him.  

I would probably have him like 5th as top free agents I would want. 

Back
Top Bottom