GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

Because I have much higher aspirations for our offseason than to just sign Pau Gasol.  I would be ok with him.  I certainly would not be "happy as heck" with signing him.  

I would probably have him like 5th as top free agents I would want. 

Oh, ok :lol:

No wonder why I avoid the Warriors threads, wack *** fans

Last edited:
Strong username to post ratio

When I see Pau opt out, I thought that'd be good as a auxiliary piece for a vet who would take a cut. Not a primary piece. Maybe 4 years ago.

Strong username to post ratio

When I see Pau opt out, I thought that'd be good as a auxiliary piece for a vet who would take a cut. Not a primary piece. Maybe 4 years ago.

After seeing how he played last season I agree with you. He would be nice on discount but the market still has high demand based on what he was not what he currently is.his prime is well behind him and we all know pau cannot anchor a defense or dominate the glass which is what we need.

If we sign kd the drafted players really gon have to step up BC we will be light in the front court.

Still not happy dray is playing Olympics along with klay and HB thats a lot of basketball over these last 2 years

IF we don't get kd, I think bringing back HB will have to be the move. I don't see the dubs getting Batum or ET to fill that void. HB is still young and I hold on to a speck of hope for him being good.

On gasol, I'd like him if he strike out on KD/ Hordford/ Batum/ Dwight. He's actually fit in well in our system and is not a single skill big like bogut or Ezeli. And can actually hit a mid range jumper, we could have really used that in the finals

if we miss out on KD and the aforementioned FAs, I wouldn't mind Pau provided he comes at a price nowhere near close to max. We certainly need front court depth and has strong court vision for a big. Him splitting minutes with Bogut would be great, although he doesn't defend the paint as well.

Last edited:

I wouldnt be.

Why not?

He has success in the same style offense, he won a 2 rings with that offense in LA, very similar to GSW. He works great off the pick and roll, which GSW likes to do, plays defense, and is a steal at the price. He's 35, but he can still ball. Bogut is 31, but more injury prone. And Gasol can give you 10-15 ppg, unlike Bogut. Experienced talent. Would hands down sign and trade for Bogut, and if you want to build the franchise with a younger player, keep Festus.
  • build a franchise

• keep festus
pick one.

Because I have much higher aspirations for our offseason than to just sign Pau Gasol.  I would be ok with him.  I certainly would not be "happy as heck" with signing him.  

I would probably have him like 5th as top free agents I would want. 
Oh, ok
laugh.gif

No wonder why I avoid the Warriors threads, wack *** fans
LOL.  Just log off.

Calling me a "wack *** fan" because I wouldnt be doing backflips if we signed a 36 year old Pau Gasol when we have been linked to players like Kevin Durant?

Ok dude.  

Are you really drooling over the chance of signing Pau Gasol? He's serviceable, yes. But he's nowhere near the player he was during his prime with the Grizzlies/Lakers.

Are you really drooling over the chance of signing Pau Gasol? He's serviceable, yes. But he's nowhere near the player he was during his prime with the Grizzlies/Lakers.
But I am a wack *** fan because Pau Gasol doesnt get me super excited.  LOL

I'm just glad he's not our GM :pimp:.

Thinking of the next year rather than the long run...:lol: smh. The only, "wack ***" individual would be you, sir.

I do not understand the displeasure with Bogut. The most important player on the defensive end next to Green and you want to get rid of him? Replace him with Noah and Gasol, then I would understand. Replacing him with Fastus, especially after his god awful finals?

No one is saying replace Bogut with Ezeli...the piece instead suggested Bogut as the center they'd be most willing to part with. And it makes sense. He's been rendered useless the last two playoffs or otherwise hurt.

Cross Noah off the list, he's going to sign with Knicks for 18mil/ year... WOW... Crazy money for him

I hope green and klay been getting buddy buddy with KD as melo is saying he's been doing heavy recruiting on KD

Glad warriors didn't get Noah.. That fool stays getting hurt .

Bogut and Noah are practically the same so not a big loss here

Damn, THAT much money for Noah?

i mean i guess - if it was like 4 years ago....

shoot, even 4 years ago 18 million wouldve seemed like over paying for Noah, an oft-injured center with a limited offensive skill set

Glad warriors didn't get Noah.. That fool stays getting hurt .

Bogut and Noah are practically the same so not a big loss here
...because they are both often injured?

that's about the only comparison... 

Based on the numbers people are getting (Bazemore's supposedly wanting to get $20M/yr :lol: )...man Barnes and Festus will get paid.

I've prepared myself to not get my hopes up with Durant (since all logic points to him staying at least one more year), so that if it does happen I'm going to go crazy...

Also...

Warriors To Match Any Offer Sheet Harrison Barnes Signs
JUL 1, 2016 1:05 AM

Unless the Golden State Warriors sign Kevin Durant, they plan on matching a restricted free agent offer sheet Harrison Barnes signs.

Barnes could also wait to sign a five-year deal with the Warriors.

The Warriors realize Barnes on his new contract would remain tradeable if they need to make a move to create cap space.

looks like it's KD or HB.

Last edited:
Feels like we don't really have a choice between the two the only other comparable guy is batum and he is gone. Jus hope HB bounces back in a non-contract year. He was much better the year before. Hopefully he gets confidence playing in Olympics this summer

Back
Top Bottom