GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

Its stupid, period.  People think that because of what the title of the thread is, they are entitled to post anything they want.  Just weird how strict mods are with threads other than those.

It's like a self contained Forrest fire. You at least know where it is and have some control when it's limited to a place like that.

ok Miami Heat fans this how yall felt haha

feels damn good .... love every second of this

David West for 1.5 mil is an amazing pick up.

Iggy, Livingston, and West anchoring the bench - I'm feeling great about that. Just need to add another piece or 2 if possible. PG and PF/C preferably.

I respect KD for making the decision purely about winning rings and not worrying about what people will say.

The camraderie that KD, Dray and Klay will build over the Olympics will be invaluable. Gonna be so fun to watch that dynamic at the games.

Kevin Martin would be nice, I would like LB to come back. I was thinking Chris Andersen for that rim protection but who knows. Maybe Landry Fields or Xavier Henry can light up the summer league and make the team :lol:

Barnes was a pivotal part of the defense. KD can't kick up and Iggy is getting old. GSW might average 115+ a game this season but they'll be getting 100 pts scored on them every night which isn't the greatest blueprint to win a championship

Just from a more top-level view of these Warriors, and the front office, it's crazy that every year that's ended in a setback has resulted in a very positive move in the past few years
2013 (lose in 2nd round): Get Iggy in FA
2014 (lose in 1st round) : Hire Kerr
2016 (lose in finals): Get KD

Man, it's crazy that the Cohan/Rowell days are way behind us now. :pimp: It's still real surreal that the team we all grew up watching as a laughingstock is now about to be the most envied (and hated) team in the league. It shows that top management and good ownership (that actually cares about putting out a winning product) does truly pay off big time. They were surely lucky along the way, but the Warriors made their luck by being proactive and not standing still.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's insane that a big name free agent WANTED to come to the Bay.

What a time.

Still in shock about KD coming to the Bay Area. It's a new era, players wanting to come to us is so surreal.

KD been my favorite player. I would go to the GSW v OKC games every year wishing he could be on our squad, and now he is. Son was super nice to all the fans in the Bay. He signed my KD4s after Iggy hit that buzzer beater a couple years ago. Even after a heartbreaking loss he showed love to the opposing teams fans. Classy af. Watching a game courtside is on my bucket list. This seems like the perfect season to cross that off.

Did you see KD's defense against us in the playoffs? He'll be fine and I think it's part of his desire to be a great 2-way player.

nWo

New Warriors Order

View media item 2092791
CmiA-7iUEAE04St.jpg

Last edited:
Kevin Martin would be nice, I would like LB to come back. I was thinking Chris Andersen for that rim protection but who knows. Maybe Landry Fields or Xavier Henry can light up the summer league and make the team
laugh.gif
Yeah I would keep an eye out for either Fields, Henry and even Kuzmic.

They may have valuable service for the Warriors to fill in a need off the bench.

No lie, it would be sweet to see Kuzmic come back and be a serviceable big man lol

Barnes was a pivotal part of the defense. KD can't kick up and Iggy is getting old. GSW might average 115+ a game this season but they'll be getting 100 pts scored on them every night which isn't the greatest blueprint to win a championship
I've been saying....the Warriors didn't need to do much, if anything at all.  Minor tweaks here and there.  Another big to replace Bogut (if he was still here) and maybe another athletic wing.  They were up 3-1 in the Finals man lol...I mean if you have the chance to land KD then you go for it I guess, but the Warriors didn't need him.  Another thing is Bogut only played around 15 minutes a game but he was a legit rim protector and great passer from the 5 position.  They don't have anyone now lol...teams are attacking the paint with no hesitation now.  
Just from a more top-level view of these Warriors, and the front office, it's crazy that every year that's ended in a setback has resulted in a very positive move in the past few years
2013 (lose in 2nd round): Get Iggy in FA
2014 (lose in 1st round) : Hire Kerr
2016 (lose in finals): Get KD

Man, it's crazy that the Cohan/Rowell days are way behind us now.
pimp.gif
It's still real surreal that the team we all grew up watching as a laughingstock is now about to be the most envied (and hated) team in the league. It shows that top management and good ownership (that actually cares about putting out a winning product) does truly pay off big time. They were surely lucky along the way, but the Warriors made their luck by being proactive and not standing still.
I used to tell people... you used to buy warrior tickets to go watch Kobe, Iverson, etc etc (stars from the other team) now its the other way around.... I still remember when the highlight of the warrior season was when J Rich went to the dunk contest lol....not even that he won, just the fact that he went hahaha

KD been my favorite player. I would go to the GSW v OKC games every year wishing he could be on our squad, and now he is. Son was super nice to all the fans in the Bay. He signed my KD4s after Iggy hit that buzzer beater a couple years ago. Even after a heartbreaking loss he showed love to the opposing teams fans. Classy af. Watching a game courtside is on my bucket list. This seems like the perfect season to cross that off.
Class act for sure, but he's got that a hole side with the media sometimes.  I'm just wondering how this will all work.  I dont see the offense being a problem, I just don't know who's protecting the paint for the Warriors.  Courtside seats would be awesome...but getting tickets just to watch the game in section 200 was terrible lol I didn't go to a game all season because it was so bad.  

Barnes was set to make how much with us? 24 mill (correct me if wrong)?

Crazy to think we got a hell of a player for just slightly more.

anyone read Arenas ig?

realest post I've read
Barnes was set to make how much with us? 24 mill (correct me if wrong)?

Crazy to think we got a hell of a player for just slightly more.

And that's exactly why I get frustrated with people saying kd messed this team up. We are in the exact same predicament with Barnes resigning, Bogut was gonna be gone this year anyway

Warriors seized the opportunity of the new salary cap and availability of KD to create this "super team" that everyone hates because it's a fantasy lineup. Bob Myers and the management just made the right play with their hand of cards that's all.

Last edited:
This is the outcome of a good ownership and even better FO which this franchise hadn't seen before. Very prudent of the Warriors to structure the roster in such a way that we were competitive (Jackson years) and then winners. All the while paying competitive contracts but knowing the timeline in which we wanted cap flexibility.

People can knock Lacob all day long but:
1) he's competitive and willing to spend the money
2) he learns from outcry - remember the jersey retirement when he was the center of attention and took a ton of flack. He immediately started going into the background. The NYT wasn't as big a deal as people made it because that's just how Lacob is all the time, but the light years ahead portion = compliment to our front office and their ability to forecast talent/contracts and cap estimates

only interested in kevin martin and ray allen for the GSW PEs

been a long time since pietrus

Back
Top Bottom