GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

frown.gif

I'm going to be moving to the Virginia next week. 

I guess the only chance I'll get to watching the Warriors next season is by staying up at 1030 to see nationally televised games 
sick.gif

I thought about buying tickets to a Wizards/Warriors game...But with KD on the team, it's going to cost more expensive lol.

I guess the only chance I'll get to watching the Warriors next season is by staying up at 1030 to see nationally televised games 
sick.gif

I thought about buying tickets to a Wizards/Warriors game...But with KD on the team, it's going to cost more expensive lol.
Go to Philly?? NY? Boston?? Any of those games are still probably cheaper than buying tickets for Oracle lol.  I wasn't able to take my son to any games this year because ticket prices were too high.  I was going to take him to watch Philly but it was going to cost about 250 for that lol.  I had to explain to him why we weren't going...it sucked haha.  

Go to Philly?? NY? Boston?? Any of those games are still probably cheaper than buying tickets for Oracle lol.  I wasn't able to take my son to any games this year because ticket prices were too high.  I was going to take him to watch Philly but it was going to cost about 250 for that lol.  I had to explain to him why we weren't going...it sucked haha.  
Yeah, I'm sure I'll try to get tickets to see other teams. But, like you said. Tickets were expensive this year and that phased me out in wanting to see a game live.

I may shell out the money this season to see them play in DC this year. 

I already started looking at tickets when the Giants come to town.

I guess the only chance I'll get to watching the Warriors next season is by staying up at 1030 to see nationally televised games :x

Good luck with that move bro. What brings you out there?

I've been looking into John Hopkins for grad school, may end up in the vicinity within a year, as well

Went to a wiz vs raptors game at the Verizon center a few years back while visiting DC and wall/Beal were supposed to be the next great backcourt tandem; tickets were dirt cheap, I'm talking about stubhub service fees being more than the cost of the ticket cheap. Might still be that way considering the DC area surrounding the center comprises of mainly young transplants working in politics who don't give a damn about the local sports

Last edited:

Yeah, I'm sure I'll try to get tickets to see other teams. But, like you said. Tickets were expensive this year and that phased me out in wanting to see a game live.

I may shell out the money this season to see them play in DC this year. 

I already started looking at tickets when the Giants come to town.
Courtside :evil:.

Don't know if you guys have been watching the summer league but I've watched pretty much all Warriors games and Mccaw doesn't look bad at all, could be very good value from a 2nd rounder. Royce Oneale also another player that looks decent

I guess the only chance I'll get to watching the Warriors next season is by staying up at 1030 to see nationally televised games :x

Nice, best of luck in Virginia. Not sure which part you'll be in, but I was able to check out the Arlington/DC area a bit when I was in grad school. It's a really nice area, great vibes there (and good food). I actually liked watching the Warriors at 10:30 pm all the time haha (I was in Pittsburgh the past two years), it was good to watch the game after being done with everything else and going to sleep right after.

Just be aware of Virginia cops when driving around, they're notorious for giving speeding tickets even going like 1 mph above the speed limit. Heard some stories from my friends when I was in grad school.

Oh, and Warriors were a tough ticket in the East Coast last season, especially since they're going to visit each city one time in the reg season. Really wanted to watch them play this past season (was looking at Cleveland, DC, even Toronto since they're within distance of Pittsburgh) - it'll be pretty steep, easily $100-150 for nosebleeds - with KD on the Warriors now I assume it may get worse next year. I did end up scoring $50 Wizards-Sixers tickets for almost courtside seats in the middle (still feel I paid too much for the Sixers)

Last edited:
Good luck with that move bro. What brings you out there?

I've been looking into John Hopkins for grad school, may end up in the vicinity within a year, as well

Went to a wiz vs raptors game at the Verizon center a few years back while visiting DC and wall/Beal were supposed to be the next great backcourt tandem; tickets were dirt cheap, I'm talking about stubhub service fees being more than the cost of the ticket cheap. Might still be that way considering the DC area surrounding the center comprises of mainly young transplants working in politics who don't give a damn about the local sports
I was offered a job promotion within my company and will manage the site in DC.
Courtside
devil.gif
That would be great...if it were cheap. Maybe courtside tickets for Wizards v. Kings?! (Sorry, Sac Kings thread lol)
Nice, best of luck in Virginia. Not sure which part you'll be in, but I was able to check out the Arlington/DC area a bit when I was in grad school. It's a really nice area, great vibes there (and good food). I actually liked watching the Warriors at 10:30 pm all the time haha (I was in Pittsburgh the past two years), it was good to watch the game after being done with everything else and going to sleep right after.

Just be aware of Virginia cops when driving around, they're notorious for giving speeding tickets even going like 1 mph above the speed limit. Heard some stories from my friends when I was in grad school.

Oh, and Warriors were a tough ticket in the East Coast last season, especially since they're going to visit each city one time in the reg season. Really wanted to watch them play this past season (was looking at Cleveland, DC, even Toronto since they're within distance of Pittsburgh) - it'll be pretty steep, easily $100-150 for nosebleeds - with KD on the Warriors now I assume it may get worse next year. I did end up scoring $50 Wizards-Sixers tickets for almost courtside seats in the middle (still feel I paid too much for the Sixers)
I'll be in Fairfax, which is about 12 miles out of DC? From what I heard it's a good area with a lot of things to do.

Thanks for the insight of the cops...I'm sure I have to be extra careful since our car is brand new and still dont have plates.

I figured Warriors games were pricey everywhere. They're a top team in the league...I thought I would have the chance to get good tickets when they played out here in Sacramento, but nope. Way too expensive.

Don't know if you guys have been watching the summer league but I've watched pretty much all Warriors games and Mccaw doesn't look bad at all, could be very good value from a 2nd rounder. Royce Oneale also another player that looks decent
McCaw looks good.  He plays with that no fear, I don't care if you're a big name mentality, ala Dame.  It is summer league though lol...you know what they say.  

I like what I've seen with McCaw. His defense seems pretty good at the moment. I'm sure Ron Adams will help coach that.

Let me get some, Thomas Walkup in training camp though!

How bout neither?

Fozzy congrats on the promotion. How much did having a kid weigh on you before accepting the transfer?

What is it you do?

If McCaw can crack the rotation, that's a huge, huge bonus for the Warriors this season.

Varejao just to fill out the bench is fine with me, but you just know Kerr is probably going to play him critical minutes in a critical playoff game when he shouldn't be. Already bracing myself for that..

Ideally, Warriors should add another veteran wing player off the bench to round out the roster if they can.

McCaw is looking better and better each game. I'm very impressed with him. He needs to put on some weight though. He is incredibly slight. 

mccaw gonna fill out like westrbook. got that kid buu frame. but like after absorbing some souls he'll be majin on fools

If McCaw can crack the rotation, that's a huge, huge bonus for the Warriors this season.

Varejao just to fill out the bench is fine with me, but you just know Kerr is probably going to play him critical minutes in a critical playoff game when he shouldn't be. Already bracing myself for that..

Ideally, Warriors should add another veteran wing player off the bench to round out the roster if they can.

I don't think that's necessarily true. He played the guys he did because we got no production from those positions at the time. He was looking for anything he could get.

How bout neither?

Fozzy congrats on the promotion. How much did having a kid weigh on you before accepting the transfer?

What is it you do?
Thanks, brother.

Before accepting the position, family played a major role in making a decision. I factored in the pros/cons, leaving family and friends, but stepping out of our comfort zone and making a decision that would only benefit my family in the long run. A big factor in my decision was to make sure my wife was on board with the decision and thankfully, she was actually excited when I accepted the offer. But it took some time to really decide if this was the right move for my family and I. I just made sure that the offer they presented me would be able to take care of my family and was actually worth while to move across the country with a 8-month old daughter.

This opportunity was something that I wasn't really focused on. Honestly, I was looking for job openings back in the Bay Area...But one phone interview, led to a flight to DC to interview, and then the job offer.

I work for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration.

Back
Top Bottom