GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

This feels like the early 2000s all over again.

This game had me thinking just that
We dont know how to win games again

need to get rid of Dray before he breaks down. historically, undersized PFs don't last long. kinda wish he didn't get re-upped.

he was also the reason KD left smh

This is a double trash assessment.

They dont last long? Really? Great take. How about undersized pfs dont see the floor.

Kd was leaving regardless of what happened, and with a tore Achilles and not playing you act like the outcome of this season wouldnt be any different. Dray is also part of the reason he came over but of course let's dwell on part of his reason for leaving not the rest of it haha.

We are trash right now period. This coulda woulda historically speaking nonsense is trash
Be better then that.

This is life without the core. klay steph dray individually ain't saving this team.

All we can hope is that these guys continue to be dedicated to getting better.

We wont win another chip without a developed bench bc we cant afford it

It's funny to see so many of yall hate dray in a down year. A year we knew was coming.

This year as a whole will be the year we all see the actual fanbase vs all the new fans that came along for the ride the last 5 years.

Some are already showing up

this rebuild isn't even going to be that bad in comparison to the old days. record wise, it might be, but there's actually light at the end of the tunnel. we still got steph, klay, dray, dlo on the roster and a lottery pick.

hopefully, a couple of the kids are able to develop and be key pieces in the future.

This game had me thinking just that
We dont know how to win games again

This is a double trash assessment.

They dont last long? Really? Great take. How about undersized pfs dont see the floor.

Kd was leaving regardless of what happened, and with a tore Achilles and not playing you act like the outcome of this season wouldnt be any different. Dray is also part of the reason he came over but of course let's dwell on part of his reason for leaving not the rest of it haha.

We are trash right now period. This coulda woulda historically speaking nonsense is trash
Be better then that.

This is life without the core. klay steph dray individually ain't saving this team.

All we can hope is that these guys continue to be dedicated to getting better.

We wont win another chip without a developed bench bc we cant afford it

your response is trash.

Here's a list off top of my head:
Jason Maxiell
Brandon Bass
Leon Powe
Carl Landry
Glen Davis
DeJuan Blair

lol at undersized PFs don't see the floor. are you stuck in 80s?

KD was leaving regardless? doubt it. he probably wouldn't have played if he was gonna stay (he was gonna stay if dray didn't open his big mouth).

lol at being so simple-minded. you are acting like trading dray or dlo for multiple pieces won't help us getting a developed bench. developing the current (trash) players isn't the only option.

It's funny to see so many of yall hate dray in a down year. A year we knew was coming.

This year as a whole will be the year we all see the actual fanbase vs all the new fans that came along for the ride the last 5 years.

Some are already showing up

you know how elitist you sound? "actual fanbase" vs "all the new fans that came along for the ride the last 5 years"

lol but imma let you cook.

your response is trash.

Jason Maxiell
Brandon Bass
Leon Powe
Carl Landry
Glen Davis
DeJuan Blair

KD was leaving regardless? doubt it. he probably wouldn't have played if he was gonna stay (he was gonna stay if dray didn't open his big mouth).

lol at being so simple-minded. you are acting like trading dray or dlo for multiple pieces won't help us getting a developed bench. developing the current (trash) players isn't the only option.

you mean his arrogant big mouth : )

this rebuild isn't even going to be that bad in comparison to the old days. record wise, it might be, but there's actually light at the end of the tunnel. we still got steph, klay, dray, dlo on the roster and a lottery pick.

hopefully, a couple of the kids are able to develop and be key pieces in the future.

i like Paschall a lot. Dude has a strong offensive game around the rim for a rookie. need him to get more aggression on the glass

i wanna see smailagic hit the court and see why the warriors moved up to get him.

While the record this season will be bad, I’m not seeing this season as a wash nor would I compare it to those late 90s/early 2000s warriors. There was no hope in sight for those squads. We are not in the dark ages as this roster still has championship pedigree at its core. Look forward to seeing player development this season

Record wise is going to look horrific this year. But they have some guys who could develop into contributors in; Paschall, WCS & Poole. If Poole is having an okay shooting night, he has NBA talent, Paschall is about expanding his range. WCS is all about P&R, and developing a chemistry with DLo.

It’s not difficult to see a path where they could get themselves back into contender going forward.
Steph/DLo/Klay/Dray/Looney is a 5 man rotation that when healthy is a Top 4-5 seed or 1 quality bench guy away from it.

It’s the guys in the middle of the rotation that they need fill in, the 6th-8th man. With a lottery pick this year, that checks one box. Then there’s maybe 2 glaring needs. Someone who can consistently hit shots that can play the 3. And a guy like Ed Davis added to Center spot, a 15-18minute guy who will handle his business. Protect the rim at an okay rate, but rebounds like hell (this could just be not having Looney that makes this important in my eyes).

Trading DLo shouldn’t really be in their heads at all. Because he has the ability to take over a game and get white hot from the field. That’s something they should keep, especially with their Big 3 all over 30 now. They should let teams come with offers, and only take it if a team is unloading multiple quality players to get DLo

Last edited:
your response is trash.

Jason Maxiell
Brandon Bass
Leon Powe
Carl Landry
Glen Davis
DeJuan Blair

So any of those players have the accolades or rep of dray? I'll wait. O yea any of those guys asked to do what dray is asked to do in this era? I'll wait. Any of these guys asked to facilitate an offense and not catch and shoot? I'll wait.

And let me help your lack of knowledge Barkley should be on that list and if your gonna stick to the 6 foot 8 is undersized might as well add boozer as well. But your knowledgeable. Lol

Dray is not the same player any of those guys are. Stop reaching.

And kd leaving your timeline makes no sense the injury happened after the blow up. He still tried to come back. Your assessment makes 0 sense. Kd was out that door anyway. And if he stayed were still in this situation.

Trade away your defensive identity while your down? Wow that's great idea alot of value coming back from that idea.

Dlo was always a trade piece dont be naive. Our struggles lower his value whether you want to believe it or not.

you know how elitist you sound? "actual fanbase" vs "all the new fans that came along for the ride the last 5 years"

lol but imma let you cook.
Let me cook bc you obviously dont know what your talking about.

I'm talking about fans who are actual fans. Not just here for the media attention brought on by the winning. I take it you dont understand that alot of fans are fairweather and will be gone bc of a down year or 2. But ok I take it you joined that loved this decade as well.

Keep cooking.

Just keep those assessments out of what you cooking bc its still trash

More trash assessments

So any of those players have the accolades or rep of dray? I'll wait. O yea any of those guys asked to do what dray is asked to do in this era? I'll wait. Any of these guys asked to facilitate an offense and not catch and shoot? I'll wait.

And let me help your lack of knowledge Barkley should be on that list and if your gonna stick to the 6 foot 8 is undersized might as well add boozer as well. But your knowledgeable. Lol

Dray is not the same player any of those guys are. Stop reaching.

And kd leaving your timeline makes no sense the injury happened after the blow up. He still tried to come back. Your assessment makes 0 sense. Kd was out that door anyway. And if he stayed were still in this situation.

Trade away your defensive identity while your down? Wow that's great idea alot of value coming back from that idea.

Dlo was always a trade piece dont be naive. Our struggles lower his value whether you want to believe it or not.

Let me cook bc you obviously dont know what your talking about.

I'm talking about fans who are actual fans. Not just here for the media attention brought on by the winning. I take it you dont understand that alot of fans are fairweather and will be gone bc of a down year or 2. But ok I take it you joined that loved this decade as well.

Keep cooking.

Just keep those assessments out of what you cooking bc its still trash

More trash assessments

"So any of those players have the accolades or rep of dray? I'll wait. O yea any of those guys asked to do what dray is asked to do in this era? I'll wait. Any of these guys asked to facilitate an offense and not catch and shoot? I'll wait."
I don't get the point you are trying to make. The only point I was trying to make is being an undersized PF in this league takes a toll on your body. You can already see that as Dray's numbers & play consistently dropped the last years.

Charles Barkley after 32 was a shell of his former self and played 53, 68, 20, and 18 games for his last 4 seasons. If you check other undersized PFs, they had left the league after 31-32. Once again, they don't last. Thanks for bringing up that example.

"Dlo was always a trade piece dont be naive. Our struggles lower his value whether you want to believe it or not"
When did I say he wasn't a trade piece?

"I'm talking about fans who are actual fans. Not just here for the media attention brought on by the winning. I take it you dont understand that alot of fans are fairweather and will be gone bc of a down year or 2. But ok I take it you joined that loved this decade as well."
Why do you care so much about these "fairweather fans"? how old are you? stop being so simple-minded regarding fanhood.

"But ok I take it you joined that loved this decade as well."
lol at you throwing shots. did that you feel better?

once again, your responses are trash lmao but your grammar might be more trash.

Charles Barkley after 32 was a shell of his former self and played 53, 68, 20, and 18 games for his last 4 seasons. If you check other undersized PFs, they had left the league after 31-32. Once again, they don't last. Thanks for bringing up that example.

Why do you care so much about these "fairweather fans"? how old are you? stop being so simple-minded regarding fanhood.

"But
once again, your responses are trash lmao but your grammar might be more trash.
Again I said dray is not the same player. That the rest of these undersized pfs are. Meaning he has not fallen off when it comes to his specialty which is defense. I dont get your point.

2nd I dont care about other fans. I just get tired of reading your trash assessments. And others who all of a sudden know everything. I will be the first to bash play and how the dubs look if its subpar and for a long time that was the case. But keep avoiding the other points I made.

I'm sorry I'm on mobile and dont lkve my life on a computer. I'm not editing especially when you get the point.

Dray is here appreciate what he does, he is still able to do it at a high level that is all

Last edited:
I have high hopes for Paschal and Smailagic. Seeing him play in Santa Cruz was a bright spot and I hope the W's continue to further his development.

As bad as the W's are, we still have the front office and coaching staff that led the way to 3 titles. Along with a roster with the franchise's core.

It's an off year and it's simple as that. It's up to Kerr and the coaching staff to get the most out of their current roster and Myers to do work his magic and find ways to improve from this point.

I don't think the team's struggles would hinder D-Lo's trade value, if the team decides to trade him. He can get his averages and still lose games due to the inexperience of the active roster.

I also would not be surprised if Myers dealt Draymond, if that meant an opportunity to make a run at Giannis. The only thing that I am weary about Giannis is his jumpshot.

Again I said dray is not the same player. That the rest of these undersized pfs are. Meaning he has not fallen off when it comes to his specialty which is defense. I dont get your point.

2nd I dont care about other fans. I just get tired of reading your trash assessments. And others who all of a sudden know everything. I will be the first to bash play and how the dubs look if its subpar and for a long time that was the case. But keep avoiding the other points I made.

I'm sorry I'm on mobile and dont lkve my life on a computer. I'm not editing especially when you get the point.

Dray is here appreciate what he does, he is still able to do it at a high level that is all

Honesty, you are right. I just want more depth and I know the best way to do so is to get rid of dlo or dray. But if I had to pick, I would def get rid of dlo.

eric paschall is gonna be a problem for the league very soon. i'm a fan of how aggressive he is on offense with the ball in his hands. not afraid to put the ball on the floor and attack. jumper will be coming soon. he could hit the 3 at villanova, so those 3s he hit today aren't an anomaly

Honesty, you are right. I just want more depth and I know the best way to do so is to get rid of dlo or dray. But if I had to pick, I would def get rid of dlo.

But let’s kind of break it down, when healthy, how much do they actually need?

Steph/DLo/Klay can eat 40% of all minutes, and get 2 positions down.

Then you need 96 minutes at the 4/5
Draymond at 28-32
Looney at 20-25 or so
Then you have Paschall & WCS at around 20 each

That’s 7 quality NBA players taking up almost 4 of 5 positions

How do you get to 10 or 11?
(This is not in any order of need)
1. You need a semi-competent SG (Burks, Poole, Evans) who can give you 10-15 minutes, doesn’t need to have a huge night, legitimately just needs to hit 1, maybe 2 shots a game.
2. This team will probably end up somewhere in the 6-12th pick in the draft, go after a 3/2 or 3/4. That helps fill the glaring need at the 3 because you either draft a 3, or a 2 who can allow Klay to be the 3. And if it’s a guy who is a 3 that can swing up to the 4, then you are able to steal a few minutes.
3. The Tax Payer Mid-Level Exception is set to be around $5.7mil, that’s enough to get a quality 3/4. Or outright 4.
4. For extra insurance, get a veteran big for the minimum who is only there if it all falls to hell.

Everything has a +/- 2-3 minute variation:
Steph (32) / DLo (16)
DLo (18 ) / Klay (16) / Poole or Evans (14)
Klay (18 ) / Lottery Pick (22) / Mid-Level Guy (8 )
Dray (18 ) / Paschall (20) / Mid-Level Guy (10)
Looney (22) / WCS (16) / Dray (10)

That’s a contender and pretty deep next year. And all they need to do is sign 2 minimum players, a Mid-Level exception guy, and use their draft pick.

I’m not sure what anyone is expecting in a DLo or Dray trade, but unless you completely heist someone, it won’t make them better than if they just run it back for the next couple of years, and sign who they can with the things they have.

As much as I like DLo, he’s tends to be a little too James harden-esque.
Todays game teams hardly play any defense, but can’t forget that defense is what wins those rings. That being said, first I would definitely address defense and especially rebounding by trading DLo for a legit big man like Drummond. It’s like the monta-bogut trade except without the emotional attachment.
Such a blessing in disguise seeing all the young guys gaining all that early experience and building confidence especially after beating dame and cj’s blazers.

Outside of WCS' foul trouble and lack of depth upfront. I think the Warriors can hang around and win some game leading into December.

Kerr is going to have to focus on Nellie Ball on offense.

Paschal is nice. I'm ready for my boy, Smailagic to return and support Paschal.

Pics from last night from my seats (season ticket holder). Honored to have witnessed the first ever WIN at Chase :lol:. Been awhile since I felt “that” kind of excitement pre-2012 I’m sure all NT dub fans lifers know. Paschall proving to be a man among boys, his confidence can only go up. TBH me and my homie might have been the ones that started the MVP chants for dude, we were fadeddd :rofl:Intrigued about how Kerrs gonna utilize Smiley. Of all the young guys, I want him to be comfortable and confident the most.

63A3B651-78D9-45ED-A153-25694B9024B2.jpeg
63A3B651-78D9-45ED-A153-25694B9024B2.jpeg

^^ where were your seats if you don't mind me asking?

Just bought tix to the jazz game on monday. sec223 row 7 for like $46.00 each. Wifey's a jazz fan (cuz of stockton and his short shorts) so i thought we'd make the day of it.

Section 211, Row 8, it surprisingly closer to the court than I thought. The distance from the court to the seats from row 7-8 would be equivalent to Row 2-3 of the 200s at Oracle.

^^ where were your seats if you don't mind me asking?

Just bought tix to the jazz game on monday. sec223 row 7 for like $46.00 each. Wifey's a jazz fan (cuz of stockton and his short shorts) so i thought we'd make the day of it.

is the hooptopia going to be open during/after games?

Also, was thinking of taking the ferry but i think the last ferry ride from the City is at 7pm or so. How else can my wife and i get back?

new to this forum but this thread is great! i cant wait to catch a couple of games this year...

i cant believe people are talkin bad about draymond tho...even if he isnt physically the player he was his niche was always his basketball IQ, passing, and defense...dude is like a coach on the floor, i bet draymond gets swooped up as an assistant or coach real quick when he finishes playing.

and i always believed kd was leaving...he woulda extended in the summer if he was gonna stay...also...he went to a nice nets team thats young...the warriors needed to re up...we started out with one of the youngest squads and became one of the oldest squads when kd left...looking forward to the young guys comin up with this ownership group!

Back
Top Bottom