Gudda Gudda & Lil Wayne - Dont Like The Look Of It (Willy Wonka)

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

i'm a fan of both versions

Chalk me up as one who's a fan of both versions as well.

Originally Posted by Philadelphia

wayne had some good bars. wont listen to it again for they bit off backwoods

Bit off the Backwudz? You do know both songs sample the song right? How can someone bite you when you bit someone?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Not messin with the Backwudz joint at all
smh.gif
Yeai'm reading this thread how dudes talking like the Backwudz version isclassic lol. Them dudes didn't go in. That beat went hard. They kept upwith the beat. But cats acting like Da Backwudz version is some classic@+! that can't be touched.
you must forget that just because the beat was nice that the SONG was great as well. Just because things don't drop illmatic/food and liquor type bars doesn't mean the end result of the meshing of witty lyrics and ridiculous production is better. This song isn't touching the Backwudz version because it lacks that true southern soul...they went in on the rhymes but the beat sounds like they wanted to make it the same as the backwudz one but not...you can clearly hear that...and the end result is
eyes.gif
...Da Backwudz just had a better flowing song...sometimes less is more.
I'm not disagreeing that one is better than the other. I feel what Gudda and Wayne are saying over what the Backwudz did over the beat but that wasn't my point. I'm just speaking on dudes in here talking like the this beat can't be touched after Da Backwudz rapped over it. They didn't drop a classic with this ##% lol. This ain't like Quincy Jones Secret Garden or some classic ##% that SHOULD'NT be touched. DA Backdwudz had a hot song but it wasn't some untouchable classic.

Back
Top Bottom