GUIDE : SPOTTING AJ ROYAL 1 FAKES

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Sorry if this is in the wrong forum

Well, every time I come into the 'Jordan Brand Price/Fake Checks' forum, I always come across AJ Royal 1 Legit checks. I thought it would be a good idea to post a little guide to spot the fakes. THIS IS FROM MY EXPERIENCE, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE YOUR WAYS OF SPOTTING, BE FREE TO POST

Let's cut to the chase. 

#1 The production dates

In my experiences, I've gotten gipped twice for purchasing 2 pairs of fake royals. My dumb self that didn't learn a lesson from the first pair, ended up buying a 2nd pair with the production date of:

9/13/12-11/28/12**

It's weird because my pair of royals has the date of 9/12/12-11/28/12 which is one day before the fakes started to begin producing. But they were proven to be authentic because they were purchased from Sheikh. 

I put that in big font because it is a #1 giveaway because I don't think we've seen any legit Royals with those dates. Another date to avoid is 12/12/12-03/05/13

#2 The back of the shoe, pay attention to the stitching** make sure there are no pointy edges. I'll provide a pic of my Royals and Fake/GM for comparison.

**Also, if the stitching looks sloppy and unorganized that is a no-no. 

MY PAIR 

FAKE PAIRS

#3 THE TAG ON THE BOX WARNING THIS TIP IS FLAWED BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE PUTTING FAKE SHOES INSIDE LEGIT BOXES, USE AT OWN RISK

Fakes tags on the box are usually low quality stickers. The 'Suggest Retail Price | $140.00' is a stub that is supposed to hang loose and not stick to the box. Here are pictures of fakes and legit

FAKE

LEGIT

IT ALSO HELPS IF THERE IS ANOTHER TAG ON THE BOX OTHER THEN THE SIZE TAG, I REMOVED IT(YOU CAN SEE THE GLUE RESIDUE FROM STICKER) TO SHOW THAT THE TAG IS NOT SUPPOSED TO STICK BUT TO HANG LOOSE

Well, these are my #3 giveaways for fakes on Royal 1s. There are more, I recommend isniker or TIMMYBRIXX to legit check your royals, they know what they're talking about. If all they comment is "fake" don't ask no more. 

It is really up to the buyer him/herself if they want to purchase GM/Replica/Fake shoes. Just don't pay more than you're supposed to. Thanks for reading this guide, hope it helps!

It is extremely frustrating looking for these shoes. I've been buying/collecting sneakers for almost 10 years now and this is easily the most rediculous thing I've encountered with fakes. Look at my thread on this forum, it's the biggest royal legit check thread :lol: 99% of the shoes I posted are fake, and the shoes were being sold by reputable sellers on eBay and ISS. I can't find anyone selling some on here in my size, but if anyone knows a site I can buy them from and not overly priced (like flight club smh) let me know

*Sorry if this is in the wrong forum

Well, every time I come into the 'Jordan Brand Price/Fake Checks' forum, I always come across AJ Royal 1 Legit checks. I thought it would be a good idea to post a little guide to spot the fakes. THIS IS FROM MY EXPERIENCE, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE YOUR WAYS OF SPOTTING, BE FREE TO POST

Let's cut to the chase. 

#1 The production dates

In my experiences, I've gotten gipped twice for purchasing 2 pairs of fake royals. My dumb self that didn't learn a lesson from the first pair, ended up buying a 2nd pair with the production date of:

9/13/12-11/28/12**

It's weird because my pair of royals has the date of 9/12/12-11/28/12 which is one day before the fakes started to begin producing. But they were proven to be authentic because they were purchased from Sheikh. 

I put that in big font because it is a #1 giveaway because I don't think we've seen any legit Royals with those dates. Another date to avoid is 12/12/12-03/05/13

#2 The back of the shoe, pay attention to the stitching** make sure there are no pointy edges. I'll provide a pic of my Royals and Fake/GM for comparison.

**Also, if the stitching looks sloppy and unorganized that is a no-no. 

MY PAIR 

FAKE PAIRS

#3 THE TAG ON THE BOX WARNING THIS TIP IS FLAWED BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE PUTTING FAKE SHOES INSIDE LEGIT BOXES, USE AT OWN RISK

Fakes tags on the box are usually low quality stickers. The 'Suggest Retail Price | $140.00' is a stub that is supposed to hang loose and not stick to the box. Here are pictures of fakes and legit

FAKE

LEGIT

IT ALSO HELPS IF THERE IS ANOTHER TAG ON THE BOX OTHER THEN THE SIZE TAG, I REMOVED IT(YOU CAN SEE THE GLUE RESIDUE FROM STICKER) TO SHOW THAT THE TAG IS NOT SUPPOSED TO STICK BUT TO HANG LOOSE

Well, these are my #3 giveaways for fakes on Royal 1s. There are more, I recommend isniker or TIMMYBRIXX to legit check your royals, they know what they're talking about. If all they comment is "fake" don't ask no more. 

It is really up to the buyer him/herself if they want to purchase GM/Replica/Fake shoes. Just don't pay more than you're supposed to. Thanks for reading this guide, hope it helps!
Some good info right here.. Thx for the shout out... Another trick or 2 for quickly spotting the nots is look at the extra lace bag.. It should be skinnier and the laces should be neatly placed in there.. The GMs have big extra lace bags with the laces just stuffed in there..

Also the soles of the shoes are a HUGE tell. notice how more defined and deep the lines are on the legit pair.

As always the best advise i can give is if your unsure LC FIRST! Save yourself the headaches of returns etc.

I know exactly how u feel bro. But there is a pair for u, somewhere out there.. haha. btw, what size are u?

Some good info right here.. Thx for the shout out... Another trick or 2 for quickly spotting the nots is look at the extra lace bag.. It should be skinnier and the laces should be neatly placed in there.. The GMs have big extra lace bags with the laces just stuffed in there..

Also the soles of the shoes are a HUGE tell. notice how more defined and deep the lines are on the legit pair.

As always the best advise i can give is if your unsure LC FIRST! Save yourself the headaches of returns etc.

cool, yeah sorry sometimes i dont feel like typin' out all the flaws.. since for the most part you can just read previous threads & its the same

reason why i always try to help on the royal l/c's..

because i was just fortunate to have had 10 different pairs (mostly due to constant size swapping & trading, i dont actually have 10 pairs lol)

i've wasted few meetups & such due to fakes also, back then when HQ royal replicas just started to pop up .. so i dont want others to go thru it

----------------------

for those who bought from theclosetcollectors, for some reason it seems like he ran out of legit royals to advertise & sell his fakes...

because normally he posts legit ones on his IG/youtube then send you the fake ones

Last edited:

cool, yeah sorry sometimes i dont feel like typin' out all the flaws.. since for the most part you can just read previous threads & its the same

reason why i always try to help on the royal l/c's..

because i was just fortunate to have had 10 different pairs (mostly due to constant size swapping & trading, i dont actually have 10 pairs lol)

i've wasted few meetups & such due to fakes also, back then when HQ royal replicas just started to pop up .. so i dont want others to go thru it

----------------------

for those who bought from theclosetcollectors, for some reason it seems like he ran out of legit royals to advertise & sell his fakes...

because normally he posts legit ones on his IG/youtube then send you the fake ones
Dang I almost bought from him too. 

since some are repetitive

(only from the past 2 weeks!) here's some known ebay sellers that sell fakes 100% sure

shoe_emporium , rcdewh , bossproducts336 , soleheatcom , 100percent.authentic2 ,  grailsoleshop , kixnthings , mistersnap01 , uncairjordan , fdsfdsd563 , dbrflesh2324 , alexpreme , richason56 , seanc212 , brandsulove , bshamo , hudson_wholesale , rrucker111 , braziliantrend , calikicks949 , wesellcoolshoes , alphalook99 , akicktion23 , insomniac214 , chicago1493 , wuwen0806 , aznguy313 , startover24 , johnytaco , goniasg , damonzhao , vrtrado , brandonzxs , oaksterdam13 , lord_han , ray_mcfly , maltizrosee , ajonehunids , iahbless1 , halcyfer , gnike323 , i_am_aok , jdidy90 , evertonliverpool1994 , nileliverpool1994 , staygearedup23 , icsoole , soleblessed , somuchdisco , lolo7082007 , hablelol2012 , lafontant123-us , gametrapper , anthonyslocker , lil-white , ctol9811 , grenwall , nlachance94 , speedy8519 , lotheykno , letmeteachyouswag , areyouin81 , ezbaik , internationalsales3 , hartfield.derek119 , csabella27 , bookseller882011 , invester_wealthy , amir5247 , ygotti-us , gabe6633 , relloross , ctol9811 , jiwll90 , pkingrepgh , wheredaheatat , director4200 , kicksareahit , halcyfer , xkrod , campaigncam , hexvoid12 , jarrett-906 , kemp52ford , ricardok2477 , thecentsfashion , vip.clothing.569 , android723 , devildog8774 ,jordangiscool , lolo708200 , thejamaican315 , dgoodwin6300 , rock_kixxx , navydragon418 , givenchyc , iahbless1 , mistersnap01 , noahisntbrown , starwarztrilla , hardcamelot , playa4life9261 , damian5580 , two_one_kicks , jewel1584 , flo19692013 ,  vaddy2323 , hudson_wholesale , raymondb2222 , pichu7171 , bucfanztj , solematexforever , bigapple23 , pa_mike121 , marc0895 , snkrbeast , cattonao548563 , ohiostateballer21

most sellers claim the fakes as 10000% authentic/legit & even have 100% feedback, also beware of those who doesnt have an the actual photo of the pair & use stock or stolen ones, if anything ask for tagged pics

its so hard to tell if these are fake and real will post my sneakers up, bought them from germnay selelr told me they were authentic pics and alll

i was about to make a legit thread but ill just post on this one. was the OP said about the jagged edges is a complete give away to them being fake. Along with the other person bring up the bottom nike. I have some other ways you can tell easily along with confirming the above post.

The left pair is ral and the right pair is fake. If you look at the toe box on the right pair, there is a jagged hiccup in the middle on the black leather.

Next with the tag

REAL no bold (US, UK, etc.) the dates are correct

FAKE: Bold (US, UK, etc.) Production date starts a day later compared to the real pair. Production date may be different on real pairs so don't always go by them.

Now for my finds:

On the Fake pair where my finger is at, there should be padding there.

REAL: Finger on padded area

Next spot:

On the real pair there is NOOOOO PADDING where my is at

FAKE:

It HAS padding in this area

finger on the jagged edge as the OP stated

I thought i had a pick of the bottom nike, but its hard to tell without anything to compare it too.

These are the ways to point out fakes and reals. Its should be super easy for you guys to tell now because these are DEAD giveaways.

Don't let somebody tell you "these are grey market pairs blah blah blah" NOOO THE ARE FAKE!! Material on fakes are very shiny too compared to the matte finish on the real pairs. Grey market pairs use the same material as reals.

Hope this is of help and everybody can tell these apart with a blink of an eye

I wanted to add my finding to the list. Nothing major and I don't have a fake to point out but this is strictly off of an eye test. I've seen a few royals out in the public and I could easily tell the real from fake just off of the shade of blue. The authentics have a really rich shade of royal blue. The color is eye catching strong, almost a purple like color. The fakes have a sort of dry hue. If you have a pair of fakes and authentics try to look at then in a well lit room or sunlight to see what I'm talking about...

Last edited:
thanks, theres a guy in the area trying to get rid of some royals that happen to be fake. 
mean.gif

Looking for advice on www.flipdakickzz.com. they sell stuff on eBay and on their own website.

Any thoughts much appreciated. I'm looking at 3lab5s, they say they have receipts from finishline.

Thoughts?

Thanks guys.

Great post man. Maybe we should do this for the most common shoes requiring legit checks, and get them stickied?

You guys have some amazing eyes when it comes to the 1's, I can't tell the difference to save my life.

It helps to also have an authentic pair. That's what I thought at first too until I started paying really close attention to the detail and seeing so many LC's on these. Lol

I also have an authentic pair with the 11/28 date on it purchased from Sheik. My pair was thoroughly vetted on this site about 2 months ago for verification by legit guys who know their AJ1's - ISNIKER and TIMMYBRIXXX

I also have an authentic pair with the 11/28 date on it purchased from Sheik. My pair was thoroughly vetted on this site about 2 months ago for verification by legit guys who know their AJ1's - ISNIKER and TIMMYBRIXXX
It's just a common date used by GM factories. There's still authentic pairs out there with the same date of course.

Great post man. Maybe we should do this for the most common shoes requiring legit checks, and get them stickied?

You guys have some amazing eyes when it comes to the 1's, I can't tell the difference to save my life.
word.  Is it smart to assume majority of the royals are fake/gm? where can one buy one in size 9.5?

thanks

Last edited:
99.9% of Royals on the market today are fake..EBay is still the best place to find legit products IMO..Your just gonna have to dig to find them.. Best advise I could give is ALWAYS LC first if your unsure.. don't take anyone's word for anything."my brother works for NIKE etc"..Don't trust feedback, it's unreliable when talking kicks..

This is a great write up. Helping a lot of ppl including myself. I'm an amateur when it comes to 1s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom