GURU'S NEPHEW ON THE SITUATION INVOLVING SOLAR.

I got this off DJ Premier's blog. this is just crazy...
smh.gif

Damn.

That's dirty. Sounds like he wants to come up off of Guru's death.
smh.gif

If everything is true in this report, Solar needs to get dealt with.

Sad situation all around.
smh.gif
Guru is one of the smoothest cats to ever grace a mic but this family situation seems bizarre. The nephew is right though, the family should have rights to see Guru in the hospital and how is it that some "friend"/business partner/aquaintance, Solar....gets to determine how things should be done.

This dude Solar sounds like a real manipulative jerk...real grimy type dude.
smh.gif
6 years of knowing Guru and you get to determine if family members get to see the man in the hospital?? Where they do that at!?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Why is my dude in the pantry, though?
Your not funny.

On topic: This is a messed up situation, I never knew something like this was even possible
smh.gif

I hate to say this but from what i've been reading so far, am I the only one that thinks Guru is gay? This entire situation is mad sketchy, especially how shady Solar is being with the privacy of Guru.

Something is not right. I googled pics of Solar and Guru(looking skinny and sick) and they both look off. 44 never been married or kids? Suspect.

Not that there is anything wrong with them being gay, but there has to be a reason why Solar is coming off shady.

Originally Posted by solesavage

I hate to say this but from what i've been reading so far, am I the only one that thinks Guru is gay? This entire situation is mad sketchy, especially how shady Solar is being with the privacy of Guru. 

No. you are not...
lot of peoples favorite emcees swing that route.....don't be shocked.
btw, i'm not saying he is....just saying you're not the only who thinks....

Something is not right. I googled pics of Solar and Guru(looking skinny and sick) and they both look off. 44 never been married or kids? Suspect.

Not that there is anything wrong with them being gay, but there has to be a reason why Solar is coming off shady.
i definitely see it. makes more sense then the kanye allegations imo. regardless, moment of truth will always be one of my favorite rap albums. if guru were to pass it would hit me the most compared to other emcees now deceased. 
i was like 10 or 11 when pac and big passed and didnt really mess with them until after they died. same case can be made for big l and pun.

You know what solesavage, that thought did cross my mind...

What man signs over his rights to another person unless it's his wife or partner?

Either way, it's sad what's going on and how Solar is controlling the situation.

As much as it sucks, if Guru gave the go-ahead to Solar having control over his medical decisions, then there really isn't much that anyone else can do.

Usually when there is a conflict between a family and a non-family person who has the "power of attorney", decent-minded folks try to cater to the family as best as they can while still upholding the sick person's wishes.

This situation just sounds like Solar being an a-hole and not wanting to give up his meal ticket (not that anyone is really checkin' for Guru outside of Gang Starr anyways though). Something is definitely off though--if Guru really does want his fam left out in the cold, WHY? Who does that? Dude is on some other stuff and has been for quite some time though, so I guess this really isn't much of a surprise.

Originally Posted by DFABIX

No. you are not...
lot of peoples favorite emcees swing that route.....don't be shocked.
btw, i'm not saying he is....just saying you're not the only who thinks....

Who's the female in your avy?  And also, I hope this situation gets resolved.  As much as I study and read about the business, I never knew or heard a thing about this guy Solar until Guru started working with him.

Judging from what his nephew said, Guru and certain members of his family have been beefing. Maybe Guru felt that in this case, his family might try to cash in on his situation.  Maybe even pull the plug on him if it came to it. Who knows?  But Solar should at least keep his fam informed on his status.

I can't front solesavage that did cross my mind
Idk y but I hope not

not that there's anything wrong with that 
nerd.gif

regardless I hope dude pulls through completely

I loved guru from gangstarr to jazzmatazz.  When he was talking about that producer having the same name as him (young guru rocafella) and making a diss album and video for him, it was a bad look.  It seemed like he was desprate to get his career started again.  Him and primo needed to cut the bull and get back together and cut an album together.  
Funny you guys are talking about the closet rappers, my cousin was telling me some stories about artists who you wouldn't think twice about being gay.

Why do people say if he's gay that "i hop not" or "I hate to say it"...I mean if he's gay...he's gay who gives a #++#...
It wouldn't surprise me if they were...

I heard everything from he's gay to solar got dude hypnotized...

I mean if i had to pick from those 2...I rather the N be gay

If he's gay,he's gay...whatever...But to keep his family in he dark about his health is just wrong...Solar is being very manipulating with the situation...I remember hearing that Solar was the reason that Guru never went back to being Gang Starr with Premier...

WOW... so we finally know after all these years who the gay rapper was?

andi just read on wikipedia that guru said he never wants to work with dj premier again??? $$+? why are they beefing?

Back
Top Bottom