Guy wins Dodge Challenger on eBay but dealer wont honor the deal!!

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

lol good luck because there's no law required the seller to give up his car. The worse that can happen is the seller get his account banned

It's a binding contract and while eBay doesn't get involved the seller or buyer has the right to bring the other party to court.
There's many loopholes where seller can deny obligation and good luck to buyer taking seller to court because it would probably cost a chunk of change

He need to show up to the dealer with some goons.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nawth21

lol good luck because there's no law required the seller to give up his car. The worse that can happen is the seller get his account banned

It's a binding contract and while eBay doesn't get involved the seller or buyer has the right to bring the other party to court.
There's many loopholes where seller can deny obligation and good luck to buyer taking seller to court because it would probably cost a chunk of change

Yes there are and yes, it can cost a good amount of money.  But that doesn't mean there isn't recourse for buyers (or sellers) because there *are* laws.  And there is precedence as well, he wouldn't be the first buyer to bring an eBay seller to court for refusal to honor the contract. 

It's a moot point though, they agreed to sell him the car for 28K.

http://carczarconsulting.com/12/23/ebay-autos-bidder-finally-gets-the-challenger-after-a-little-help-with-lithia-motors/

So a seller backed out on eBay? Doesn't that usually just mean some negative feedback here, some whining there and basically the seller making a new account?

if u renig on a no reserve auction ur balls should be hacked off... i bet that would put an end to it...

Originally Posted by MHT214

Originally Posted by chueco dtb

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

smh... the dealer ship was probably hoping that they would break even... or get more... but since it didn't happen they wanna back out?! eff that i hope he fights for it!
if it had been the other way around the dealership would probably fight for it as well.

EXACTLY if the shoe was on the other foot the dealer would care less if you meant to only pay 20,000 but on mistake put something greater. They would probably hunt you down and make sure you pay.

wouldn't

There is a thread about this every month and you all [NT] have yet to get it right...

Wow, you came into this thread to look for any spelling mistakes??
laugh.gif
  Get a LIFE!

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

am i missing something??? 30,000. I figured he won the car for under 5 stacks. how much is it really worth

And you got to think about California sales tax and license so he really saved like 20k. That car sells for at least 50k if you finance it. 

fact of the matter is, the dealership made it their point to specify @ the bottom of the pg that it was a legally binding contract.
they take the L
smile.gif

& thx for the link, op. now i have something to entertain myself with for the next 2 hours.

I know it's a dealership and all but they have 0 feedback. I don't care if Obama had an auction, if his feedback is 0, I wouldn't bid.

Ok maybe I would but you guys get the point.

How do you not put a reserve on an auction like this?
The dealership deserves to lose the car.

from what I've read, the buyer will not get the car do to a simple mistake on his part.

from auction: [color= rgb(204, 204, 204)]Terms & Conditions Deposit: Deposit of $500 must be paid within 24 hours of auction close
[/color]Payment methods accepted
  • Personal check
  • Cashier's Check (certified from US or Canadian bank) or money order
  • Cash (in person)

Buyer sent deposit of $500 via Paypal, which wasn't a method of payment accepted in the Terms & Conditions, he failed to make the correct deposit in the 24 hour time frame. He doesn't get the car...

Back
Top Bottom