Guy wins Dodge Challenger on eBay but dealer wont honor the deal!!

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Originally Posted by kYOUrt

So a seller backed out on eBay? Doesn't that usually just mean some negative feedback here, some whining there and basically the seller making a new account?
Most of the time yes.. I wouldn't waste time taking a seller to court for a $100 pair of sneakers.  But for something of that much value, the buyer can take him to court.  If they rule in his favor, the court can FORCE the seller to sell the car.

how much time/money would it take for him to go to court?

Both parties made mistakes. The winner should have paid the $500 within the payment options provided. The seller should have set a reserve.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by Nawth21

lol good luck because there's no law required the seller to give up his car. The worse that can happen is the seller get his account banned

It's a binding contract and while eBay doesn't get involved the seller or buyer has the right to bring the other party to court.
There's many loopholes where seller can deny obligation and good luck to buyer taking seller to court because it would probably cost a chunk of change

Yes there are and yes, it can cost a good amount of money.  But that doesn't mean there isn't recourse for buyers (or sellers) because there *are* laws.  And there is precedence as well, he wouldn't be the first buyer to bring an eBay seller to court for refusal to honor the contract. 

It's a moot point though, they agreed to sell him the car for 28K.

http://carczarconsulting.com/12/23/ebay-autos-bidder-finally-gets-the-challenger-after-a-little-help-with-lithia-motors/

wrong person, car, and state.

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

Both parties made mistakes. The winner should have paid the $500 within the payment options provided. The seller should have set a reserve.

laugh.gif
doesn't mean anything. even if the buyer had paid his $500 the seller won't let it go for 30k. %!+# the other payment methods. the seller will get a negative feedback and lose money from listing fees.
Update 3-17-10:
Sat down with the dealership rep with paperwork, payment, and documentation in hand as required in auction listing 11:15 this morning. They won't honor the auction for a 5th time, in person.

Last edited by Hitman_ : 03-17-2010 at 02:02 PM.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
damn, they did him dirty. he was ready to pay and documentation was "in hand"
eek.gif
he knew he was getting a steal

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

laugh.gif
you still don't get it. even if the buyer had paid his $500 the seller won't let it go for 30k...ok!? #%%$ the other payment methods. the seller will get a negative feedback and lose money from listing fees.
Still don't get what? The seller clearly outlined the payments methods, and the winner did not abide by them. I'm no lawyer, but I imagine that with ebay, when you bid, you bid agreeing to the seller's terms or they don't have to honor the contract. The seller could easily make the argument if the case is brought to court. Like I said, I'm not a lawyer, and I'm just going by what I read.

If I don't get it, it's not a big deal. You could have just explained it, dude.
nerd.gif

And to add to that ebay doesn't allow sellers asking for money orders or any payment methods other than paypal... not sure about ebay motors though.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by jthagreat

damn those cost that much? seems like a lot to me.
SRT-8, fantastic car
pimp.gif
An SRT-8 isn't a car. 
It's like saying "EX, fantastic car
pimp.gif
"

you knew exactly that he meant the challenger..since this post is about a SRT-8 Challenger.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by eeibaby

lol good luck because there's no law required the seller to give up his car. The worse that can happen is the seller get his account banned
Actually when you agree to sell on Ebay its the law to sell the item
Next step, litigation and destroying the dealership's credibility.
pimp.gif

dealership is in signal hill tho =\

they prolly gonna sell him the car then jack it back

Originally Posted by MoGotti2

for those who cared..he ended up getting the car for the agreeprice on ebay

sorry to grave dig but thats dope! 
pimp.gif

not like the dealership lost any money

Originally Posted by MoGotti2

for those who cared..he ended up getting the car for the agreeprice on ebay

i knew he would get it, congrats to him. amazing car at a great price
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by chueco dtb

Originally Posted by MHT214

Originally Posted by chueco dtb

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

smh... the dealer ship was probably hoping that they would break even... or get more... but since it didn't happen they wanna back out?! eff that i hope he fights for it!
if it had been the other way around the dealership would probably fight for it as well.

EXACTLY if the shoe was on the other foot the dealer would care less if you meant to only pay 20,000 but on mistake put something greater. They would probably hunt you down and make sure you pay.

wouldn't

There is a thread about this every month and you all [NT] have yet to get it right...

Wow, you came into this thread to look for any spelling mistakes??
laugh.gif
  Get a LIFE!

dudes always get so butthurt when their grammar is corrected.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom