Guy wins Dodge Challenger on eBay but dealer wont honor the deal!!

I've been following the thread very closely heres the link

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/new-2009-srt8-challenger-sells-29-1k-34598/

ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390166094286
Cliffnotes:
Guy wins car on ebay for a very good price
Dealer wont sell him the car after he won the auction
Guy wants his car and the whole e-community is helping out the guy get his car.

Lets send a couple of pizzas their way and some craiglist ads
roll.gif

Dealers address [table][tr][td] Address: 2100 E. Spring St., Signal Hill, CA. 90755 [/td][td][/td][td][/td]   [td]Call: (866) 343-9878 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (866) 343-[/td][/tr][/table]
http://www.getdodgedeals.com/Hours-Directions.html

lol good luck because there's no law required the seller to give up his car. The worse that can happen is the seller get his account banned

look all the way to the bottom of the ebay link

Disclaimer: This auction is a legally binding contract to buy this vehicle. All vehicles are sold as-is unless otherwise specified. I have done my best to accurately describe this vehicle. It is up to the buyer to come see and further inspect the car before the end of the auction.

smh... the dealer ship was probably hoping that they would break even... or get more... but since it didn't happen they wanna back out?! eff that i hope he fights for it!
if it had been the other way around the dealership would probably fight for it as well.

That's messed up, more so since it's a dealership. All this time and they just get into ebay? It's not like it's new or hard to figure out. And they put a disclaimer stating it's a legally binding contract for the buyer to purchase the vehicle. Should work both ways.

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

smh... the dealer ship was probably hoping that they would break even... or get more... but since it didn't happen they wanna back out?! eff that i hope he fights for it!
if it had been the other way around the dealership would probably fight for it as well.

EXACTLY if the shoe was on the other foot the dealer would care less if you meant to only pay 20,000 but on mistake put something greater. They would probably hunt you down and make sure you pay.

Originally Posted by chueco dtb

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

EXACTLY if the shoe was on the other foot the dealer would care less if you meant to only pay 20,000 but on mistake put something greater. They would probably hunt you down and make sure you pay.

wouldn't

There is a thread about this every month and you all [NT] have yet to get it right...

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

lol good luck because there's no law required the seller to give up his car. The worse that can happen is the seller get his account banned
Actually when you agree to sell on Ebay its the law to sell the item

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Actually when you agree to sell on Ebay its the law to sell the item
Next step, litigation and destroying the dealership's credibility.

It's a binding contract and while eBay doesn't get involved the seller or buyer has the right to bring the other party to court.

Originally Posted by aceofjays

That price is pretty good. Grimey how it's a dealership.
I was expecting like $10,000 or something.  How much is a challenger like that supposed to cost?

Back
Top Bottom