Guys make sure you get checked for testicular cancer yearly.

Seriously! Make sure you get your yearly check ups. I know it weird having someone check you down there and everything, but 5 seconds to turn in cough rather than going years and finding out you'll have to have your testicle removed because you have cancer.
It's a simple choice if you ask me.

-Jacob

Agreed

The earlier your doctor finds it, the less deadlier it is... obviously

You can actually check yourself, now whether or not a doctor is more efficient I don't know.

[h2]Why self-examine?[/h2]
Things can go wrong with your testicles slowly, quickly or veryfast indeed.

A few conditions that affect the testicles are serious, but mostare not so being obsessed or frightened for no good reason is undesirable.

Knowing what your testicles normally feel and look like makesgood sense so that changes can be spotted and advice sought quickly if needed.Getting the balance right is the name of the ball game!
[h2]Signs to watch out for:[/h2]
  • a lump in one testicle
  • pain and tenderness in either testicle
  • discharge or pus from the penis
  • blood in the sperm at ejaculation
  • a build-up of fluid inside the scrotum
  • a heavy or dragging feeling in the groin or scrotum
  • an enlargement of the breasts with or without tenderness
  • an increase in size of a testicle (one testicle is normally larger then the other but the size and shape should remain more or less the same).
[h2]How to check your testicles[/h2]
Check your testicles monthly in the followingmanner:
  • do the self-examination lying in a warm bath or while having a long shower, as this softens the skin of the scrotum (skin sac that holds the testicles), which makes it easier to feel the testicles inside.
  • examine the scrotum, looking for any lumps on the skin or swellings inside.
  • cradle the whole scrotum and testicles in the palm of your hand and feel the difference between the testicles. One is almost always larger and lying lower. This is completely normal.
  • examine each testicle in turn, and then compare them with each other. Use both hands and gently roll each testicle between thumb and forefinger.
  • Check for any lumps or swellings as both testicles should be smooth except where the duct that carries sperm to the penis, the epididymis, runs. This lies along the top and back of the testicle and normally feels bumpy.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

You can actually check yourself, now whether or not a doctor is more efficient I don't know.

[h2]Why self-examine?[/h2]
Things can go wrong with your testicles slowly, quickly or veryfast indeed.

A few conditions that affect the testicles are serious, but mostare not so being obsessed or frightened for no good reason is undesirable.

Knowing what your testicles normally feel and look like makesgood sense so that changes can be spotted and advice sought quickly if needed.Getting the balance right is the name of the ball game!
[h2]Signs to watch out for:[/h2]
  • a lump in one testicle
  • pain and tenderness in either testicle
  • discharge or pus from the penis
  • blood in the sperm at ejaculation
  • a build-up of fluid inside the scrotum
  • a heavy or dragging feeling in the groin or scrotum
  • an enlargement of the breasts with or without tenderness
  • an increase in size of a testicle (one testicle is normally larger then the other but the size and shape should remain more or less the same).
[h2]How to check your testicles[/h2]
Check your testicles monthly in the followingmanner:
  • do the self-examination lying in a warm bath or while having a long shower, as this softens the skin of the scrotum (skin sac that holds the testicles), which makes it easier to feel the testicles inside.
  • examine the scrotum, looking for any lumps on the skin or swellings inside.
  • cradle the whole scrotum and testicles in the palm of your hand and feel the difference between the testicles. One is almost always larger and lying lower. This is completely normal.
  • examine each testicle in turn, and then compare them with each other. Use both hands and gently roll each testicle between thumb and forefinger.
  • Check for any lumps or swellings as both testicles should be smooth except where the duct that carries sperm to the penis, the epididymis, runs. This lies along the top and back of the testicle and normally feels bumpy.
I had mine done today at the doctor, and had no abnormality. I guess checking your own at home, but some people still wouldn't know if somethings wrong or not, no matter how many times they self check. 

I went through a bout of testicular cancer last year.  If you guys have any questions or concerns about testicular cancer in general, lemme know.  And be sure to check yourselves.  I thought it would never happen to me, but sure enough, by the time it was diagnosed, it was already in my lungs.  But I'm glad to say that I'm now 100% recovered.  

i shuld prbs go to the doctor.
my left nut hurts sometimes and feels wierd, especially wen i lift.

im scared though

Originally Posted by FsuNol8

I went through a bout of testicular cancer last year.  If you guys have any questions or concerns about testicular cancer in general, lemme know.  And be sure to check yourselves.  I thought it would never happen to me, but sure enough, by the time it was diagnosed, it was already in my lungs.  But I'm glad to say that I'm now 100% recovered.  
I've lost family members because they were too suborn to get checked up. I mean they were older, and we're talking about a different type of check up, but the moral is just to be safe, get yourself checked out. 
No one is going to take care of you but you.

i havent gone to the doctor since 8th grade for a physical or nothing, im a junior in college

Originally Posted by beezylocks

i havent gone to the doctor since 8th grade for a physical or nothing, im a junior in college
Only person that can take care of your health, is YOU.

im scared though

How scared will your family be if they find out its something that could have been avoided if caught early? Get it check out.

im scared though

Sounds like a varicocele, which is actually fairly common. Google it.

roll.gif
first thing I thought of

Yeah I'm pretty sure that wasn't your choice.
eyes.gif
No healthcare?
laugh.gif
Naw, but seriously go to the doctor. You may think you're fine but you're wrong. Last time I went I had an eye infection and I didn't feel nothing...

ive also gone through this, perfectly healthy 22 year old man when i was diagnosed, happy to say ive been in remission for a year. First warning sign is that 1 testical will swell, very much, or you feel a bump where there shouldnt be one.

Back
Top Bottom