GXFR - Griselda by Fashion Rebels | Official Thread

buffalokids.jpg

I've been slowly working my way through the GXFR canon. Mostly from the present backward, and slowly out toward related artists. I haven’t gotten to everything debso debso recommended but I’ve listened repeatedly to maybe fifteen or so project so far.

Their output is consistently stellar. Benny is definitely my favorite. An argument could be made that Conway has the highest ceiling when he’s at the peak of his game, but that’s not too often—he’s consistently very good but not consistently great IMO. Gunn is a great artist with consistently great projects but probably the weakest link as a rapper overall. Still, I’d go Benny, Gunn, and Conway in that order, though I enjoy all of their music.

As far as related acts, Eto is probably my favorite of the people I’ve heard so far. Crimeapple is also really good. El Camino is cool in smaller doses, but his talent level is definitely well below the main guys. The little I’ve heard of Flee Lord I have not been impressed with, but I’m gonna check out a project or two to get a better read. I checked out a Black Geez project and that **** was absolutely terrible.

I've been slowly working my way through the GXFR canon. Mostly from the present backward, and slowly out toward related artists. I haven’t gotten to everything debso debso recommended but I’ve listened repeatedly to maybe fifteen or so project so far.

Their output is consistently stellar. Benny is definitely my favorite. An argument could be made that Conway has the highest ceiling when he’s at the peak of his game, but that’s not too often—he’s consistently very good but not consistently great IMO. Gunn is a great artist with consistently great projects but probably the weakest link as a rapper overall. Still, I’d go Benny, Gunn, and Conway in that order, though I enjoy all of their music.

As far as related acts, Eto is probably my favorite of the people I’ve heard so far. Crimeapple is also really good. El Camino is cool in smaller doses, but his talent level is definitely well below the main guys. The little I’ve heard of Flee Lord I have not been impressed with, but I’m gonna check out a project or two to get a better read. I checked out a Black Geez project and that **** was absolutely terrible.

I’m with you on Benny > Conway > Gunn. As far as the affiliates, it’s Elcamino > 38 Spesh > Flee Lord > Che Noir > ETO > Meyhem Lauren

I don't know if Flee is signed to Gresilda but he''s on like every tour and in his interviews he basically says he's a Gresilda artist. Same with Elcamino like they rock all the merch and promote that brand heavy.

Busted out my pray for Paris cover tee to rock today and noticed it’s a lil “b grade”
Shoulder stitching goes into the collar makes it look weird on the left side
Normally wouldn’t care but 100$ t shirt on which he boasted the upmost quality and its kinda dog ****

Meyhem been rapping a long time too though, I heard him through Bronson early but I cant call him an affiliate in that context

Wassup with this dude Daniel Son? He hard.

check my boom bap thread. I think I have a few songs where he's on them:

I’m with you on Benny > Conway > Gunn. As far as the affiliates, it’s Elcamino > 38 Spesh > Flee Lord > Che Noir > ETO > Meyhem Lauren
Man I like Eto! He killed his spot on that Muggs project and then the whole Hells Roof was crazy. Just saw he released something new, gonna check it out.

I listened to Flee Lord’s most recent project today and liked it. Gonna give it a few more spins and let it marinate.

I’ve only heard a few Che Noir features but I really like her.

Back
Top Bottom