Gym Heads: Cardio before or after?

Alright so everyone I talk to does their cardio before weights in the gym, for me though there's no way I can do that. My cardio routine is somewhatextensive and my weight routine seriously lacks when I do it second. So I've been doing weights then cardio for the past month and my workouts have gottenserious...

So I was just wondering what everyone else's routines look like, and if you have any insight to why yours is better/more effective. I am always lookingfor tips..

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

all the people you talk to are wrong then.
damn really?

because even when I joined a new gym and get the "1 free session with a trainer" thing and even those guys would say the same thing but it never madesense to me so I never did

personal preference, everyone has different opinions so do what works for you

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

i usually do cardio before to get the blood flowing, that's just my opinion
yeah that's what I've heard from a lot of people. Does it ever effect your weight routine though? like feeling tired and *@!#?

same here. i switch it up every once in a while though.

5 minutes before to warm yourself up before lifting, then do whatever cardio routine you want after. Do you really want an extensive cardio routine and thenhaving to lift weights while not at 100%? That wont do you any good.

I read an article that it was better to do it after, don't remember where it was from though. Search for the fitness thread, you should find it there.

same here...a few minutes on an elliptical machine, weights...then the real cardio.

Do it after. if you do it before you will burn all your carbs for cardio and be super sluggish for your workout. If you lift first, your using the carbs topump, then when you do cardio there are no carbs left really so it will go at the fat

this is what I do:
1 warm up for ten minute first (treadmill, bikes, etc)
2 light stretch
3 lift weights
4 light stretch
5 then intense cardio
6 finish off with stretching after I cooled down

i used to do my cardio first to get my body warmed up and a sweat going before i hit the weights. but after following that big workout thread for awhile idecided to warm up for 5-7mins on a bike/treadmill, then hits the weights and end with cardio. it makes a very noticeable difference. i can definitely liftmore, have more energy when im on the weights and hence can be more intense. ending with good cardio + sauna + shower =
smokin.gif

cardio after i need the energy for lifting , besides fat buring cardio isnt crazy intense that i cant manage to get it in at the end

Back
Top Bottom