Gym Memberships. Vol. It's time to get ready for summer.

Who gets ready for summer in May?
laugh.gif

If you were serious you would've been on your *##+ all winter/spring.

This thread = fail.

Originally Posted by gberdin

Originally Posted by CWrite78

yeah yeah sure. anyway, if you have a costco near you and a 24 hour fitness, i believe they still have the 200 dollar deal. i'd picked that up instead of 35 a month. i've been slacking going to my muay thai classes since my bro got in an accident (laziness took over) and i've gained basically all i lost. starting to feel like !%@ in the mornings so i have to definitely pick up my routine again. i try to eat as healthy as possible though.

MUAY THAI classes ftw definitely. Spin Classes are dope too
SMH at comparing Muay Thai to spin classes. Real Muay Thai classes aren't offered at the typical gym.

PS the Costco deal is 2 years for $300, and yes it's still on going. The only catch is that it doesn't work on Ultra and Super Sport location.

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

I hope you're aiming for next summer.
laugh.gif
Word. Cats think they can get that brolic body by going to the gym for 2 months before summer hits so they can walk around all day w/o a shirt.
laugh.gif

I've been on my regimen since when I joined the local 24 Hr Fitness through Costco on 1/12...6 days a week, 2 hours a day. Goal is to gain 10 lbs and be around 7-8% body fat by summer of 2010. Currently at 11% body fat. I wish I had more time so I can get back to doing Muay Thai in the summer too.
frown.gif

Just remember that you didn't get out of shape in a day so you won't see results that quickly either.

Working out is great, but the most important part is YOUR DIET.

i've found i need both...when i'm not goin to the gym i don't care what i eat...when i was going i watched what i ate more...i just want a flat stomach tho...
I just need 4 more packs, got the 2 upper packs already.
laugh.gif
What turned out to be a recreational hobby that started last September snowballedinto an obsession to me. My diet is so discipline now, it's kinda sad. I eat every 2 hours, and there'll be times where I take a nap, wake up hungryand can guesstimate what time it is. I also stopped consuming alcohol completely, along with fast foods and most fried foods.

I've been going to the gym trying to get ready since November and I was like obese back then. Now I'm just fatand trying to aim to look good by next summer which kinda sucks. diet & exercise ftw tho 87lbs lighter.
pimp.gif

I really need to hit up a gym. I've been reluctant because there isn't a gym near me and I don't want to go to the gym and then take the subwayhome. I wish I had a car. Lately, I've been doing push-ups, chin-ups, and dips in my house and eating right so I could put on some weight but I know Iwon't make much progress until I really go to the gym. I figure I'll start going to the gym pretty soon. I think I'll be working for the YMCA inthe summer so I'll probably get some sort of discount.

Originally Posted by gatorad3

I've been going to the gym trying to get ready since November and I was like obese back then. Now I'm just fat and trying to aim to look good by next summer which kinda sucks. diet & exercise ftw tho 87lbs lighter.
pimp.gif
Holy crap! You lost 87 lbs? If so, mad props. You surely blow my 60lbs/19% body fat lost in 8 months out of the water.

exercise should be a daily thing, like eating and sleeping
not just to get ready for certain months of the year
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Hugo

damn. luckily i have a friend that works in bally and he hooked me up with a 2 year membership for just $100.
WOW! That's an awesome deal
eek.gif

But... 24 Hour Fitness > Bally's

I've been working out 6 days a week eating right but it's been a gradual process. February I started lifting, 2 weeks later I bought supplements, 2weeks later I started cardio, 2 weeks later I started eating right. It's damn hard to just turn on everything at once.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by gatorad3

I've been going to the gym trying to get ready since November and I was like obese back then. Now I'm just fat and trying to aim to look good by next summer which kinda sucks. diet & exercise ftw tho 87lbs lighter.
pimp.gif
Holy crap! You lost 87 lbs? If so, mad props. You surely blow my 60lbs/19% body fat lost in 8 months out of the water.
eek.gif

Man slackin self lost 60 pounds since last April. But wow dude lost 87
pimp.gif
.Props. Whats your regimen?

Damn i feel like im overpaying. Local gym is $25/month

Been going to the gym steadily now for almost 2 months... gained 6lbs of muscle thus far when i'm actually trying to lose weight... so i think i need tostay away from the weights or do light weights with alot of reps and stick to mostly cardio

Picking up my membership tomorrow. Look in the mirror and look at the fat on your body! haha jk but seriously i'm getting an OFFICIAL membership and i am getting ready for summer. no more sneaking into gyms or using homies membership passes It's time to look cool in those swim trunks i got last year that dont fit today haha. i advise anyone to this. $35 a month is a good motivation to go to they gym.
laugh.gif
Thats exactly what I do

screw a membership

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

I hope you're aiming for next summer.
laugh.gif
Word. Cats think they can get that brolic body by going to the gym for 2 months before summer hits so they can walk around all day w/o a shirt.
laugh.gif

I've been on my regimen since when I joined the local 24 Hr Fitness through Costco on 1/12...6 days a week, 2 hours a day. Goal is to gain 10 lbs and be around 7-8% body fat by summer of 2010. Currently at 11% body fat. I wish I had more time so I can get back to doing Muay Thai in the summer too.
frown.gif

Just remember that you didn't get out of shape in a day so you won't see results that quickly either.

Working out is great, but the most important part is YOUR DIET.
I had gained damn near 10lbs since i started working out again...im praying its all mass
eyes.gif

it probably is all mass. lol

lmao word cats think there brolic hitting the gym once a week for two months.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

yeah yeah sure. anyway, if you have a costco near you and a 24 hour fitness, i believe they still have the 200 dollar deal. i'd picked that up instead of 35 a month. i've been slacking going to my muay thai classes since my bro got in an accident (laziness took over) and i've gained basically all i lost. starting to feel like !%@ in the mornings so i have to definitely pick up my routine again. i try to eat as healthy as possible though.

MUAY THAI classes ftw definitely. Spin Classes are dope too

muy thai is great to. but i perfer traditional chinese wudang and kung fu

Muay Thai > Wudang + Kung Fu or anything.. especially in terms of the kinda chicks that show up to class lol

That said, what a random post.. plus one without a point or a question..

Oh well.. been about 8 months since I fractured my left elbow and so I've signed up for membership at this new Steve Nash gym next to my work! Sweet deal$30 (corporate price + additional company subsidy) for sweet facilities, guaranteed gazillions chicks, and classes like yoga/pilates included!

my gym is outside.

i run,jog , sprint..play ball, play soccer. ride my bike.

i use free wieghts, push ups, sit ups, crunches etc.

Back
Top Bottom