" Habitual Linestepper", HBD to this scene

10 years ago, Dave Chappelle blessed us with this scene from The Chappelle Show

"Charlie Murphy True Hollywood Stories:  Rick James" 

let us show our appreciation for this in "unnniiittttyyyyy"

Last edited:
Appreciated. Some of the outtakes from that where Charlie tells other stories are straight comedy :lol: I would post them but I can't get youtube from work.

I remember watching this when I was in High School. I couldn't stop laughing for months. This skit would constantly be brought up during lunch period or whenever my friends and I would mess around with eachother--We'd slap someone and say, "I'm Rick James, *****!"

The second part with Prince is also a CLASSIC. I remember a few months back, NT had a thread about Mike Tyson's book and there was a part in the book where Mike Tyson corroborates the exact story Charlie Murphy had. Reading that brought back so many memories :lol:

I use "habitual line stepper" regularly in conversation.

I also use "I wish I had more hands.....".

And I just used "game....blouses" to describe Drake in another thread.

So clearly, I'm a fan.

[quote name="illphillip" url="/t/582976/habitual-linestepper-hbd-to-this-scene/0_20#post_19797034] I use "habitual line stepper" regularly in conversation.

I also use "I wish I had more hands.....".

And I just used "game....blouses" to describe Drake in another thread.

So clearly, I'm a fan.[/quote]

This

:rofl:

Last edited:
 the amount of annoying people saying im rick james bia was beyond corny..

it was a great show but man people really know how to beat ish to the ground.

this 10 mins set is better than any of fevin harts 3 hours standup specials..

laugh.gif
 One of the GOAT moments in comedy TV as far as im concerned.

Charlie came to my school and performed in 2005 and it was hilarious... Told RJ stories talmbout "ball collapse" from swimming pools full of women.

His stand up since then has been *** though. 
mean.gif

The Rick James story will always be funny. I lowkey hated it the next day after I saw it because on campus everyone was trying to recite lines and were messing them up.

Chappelle show will always be appreciated.

"I'm one of the baddest mf of all time..."

I remember flying right after the Rick James skit aired. While waiting for my flight, I overheard a 40-something year old white dude in business garb say "I'm Rick James *****!" while talking on the phone. That's how good that bit was. :lol:

I still say "**** yo couch *****" on the regular. So many other great quotables, too. "They should've never gave you ****** money!!!"

Honestly, Dave's show might be the best sketch comedy show I personally have seen.

One of the greatest moments in TV comedy history, so many quotes I still use in regular conversations weekly.

l

I still say "**** yo couch *****" on the regular.
same here
tumblr_lrunufh4NZ1qzch2xo1_500.gif

:lol:

The best part about these sketches is that they're so absurd. Like what kind of man grinds his dirty heels on someone's couch? Who the hell balls against Prince himself and then sits down for a post game pancake breakfast? Just the thought of those scenarios is hilarious.

But then you learn that this **** actually happened and it brings it to a different level of funny. Like those dudes literally lived a life you could write about.

Back
Top Bottom