Halladay to the Phillies...

mad.gif

[h2]Report: Halladay to Phils; Lee to M's?[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

All-Star pitcher Roy Halladay, who has been a regular subject of trade talk since before last July's deadline, is headed to the Philadelphia Phillies, SI.com is reporting.

3973.jpg

Halladay

According to the report, Phillies pitcher Cliff Lee is likely headed to the Seattle Mariners as part of a three-team trade.

Halladay was entering the final year of his Toronto contract.

The Phillies tried to acquire Halladay last season, but couldn't agree to terms with the Toronto Blue Jays. They then dealt for Lee instead.

Halladay, 32, is 148-76 lifetime with a 3.43 ERA. He won the 2003 Cy Young Award and finished in the top five in the Cy Young voting four other times.

Halladay went 17-10 with a 2.79 ERA in 32 starts for Toronto last season. He threw 239 innings and led the league with nine complete games.

Lee, who was acquired from the Indians on July 29 for four minor leaguers, quickly became Philadelphia's ace. Lee posted a 3.39 ERA in 12 starts for the Phillies and then went 4-0 with a 1.56 mark in five postseason outings, including 2-0 in the World Series.

Lee, the 2008 AL Cy Young winner with Cleveland, will make $8 million in 2010 and then be eligible for free agency.

Thats not fair. The Yankees were supposed to get him
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
wink.gif

I don't know what they're giving up (probably Morrow...hopefully NOT Ackley), but this is huge for the M's...finally somebody other than Felixcarrying the load.

Ichiro, Chone, Felix, Cliff
pimp.gif

still probably not good enough to win the pennant though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Love this trade for the Mariners. They really want to win this year. Gotta appreciate that.
Totally. Cliff Lee after Felix....signing Chone....big things in 2010!

I'm happy for Roy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, Toronto's Front Office is a joke.

I know Mets fans are heated right now.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The Mariners don't have a bat to drive in Figgins/Ichiro.

Let's not get carried away, the Phillies aren't really downgrading here.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Love this trade for the Mariners. They really want to win this year. Gotta appreciate that.
Totally. Cliff Lee after Felix....signing Chone....big things in 2010!

Chone alone is not getting them out of the basement in runs scored, hits, HR's, RBI's, OBP, SLG, OPS and BA.

That's the Rangers' division to lose in 2010.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Mariners > Phils. Roy will not do what cliff lee did for the phillies last year
That's a stretch. You can't just factor in starting pitching. Sure, Lee/King Felix is a great 1-2 punch, (on paper one of the best in theleague), however, as What up said, they don't have a bat behind Ichiro/Figgins. I love my boy Griffey, but that isn't going to cut it in the West. TheMariners did great a helluva lot better though. If they were to get Bay somehow, then things change to their advantage a great deal in the West.

Y'all actin like the phills weren't in the world series this year. Cliff Lee was lights out u guys act as if its a guarantee roy will be better thanthat he hasn't even pitched in the postseason before. Forget it we are talkin about the NL
laugh.gif
halladay will probably win 25 games, carry on
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom