Halo Reach Vol. HALO is back!

Expected Release: Fall 2010
Official Website: link

Halo: Reach, developed exclusively for Xbox 360 by acclaimed developer Bungie, is the blockbuster prequel to the best-selling Xbox franchise of all time. It represents the culmination of Bungie’s 10 years of experience crafting groundbreaking Halo games that have raised expectations for what can be achieved in a video game.

Experience the fateful moments that forged the Halo legend. This is the story of Noble Team, a squad of heroic Spartan soldiers, and their final stand on planet Reach, humanity’s last line of defense between the terrifying Covenant and Earth. This darker story is echoed by grittier visuals amid a backdrop of massive, awe-inspiring environments. Characters, enemies, and environments are rendered in amazing detail by an all-new engine designed to deliver epic-scale encounters against the cunning and ruthless Covenant.

Once the campaign is over, the battle continues online with an unparalleled multiplayer experience expanding on the award-winning suite of features that helped define the Xbox LIVE experience.

The Halo: Reach multiplayer beta, on track to be the largest beta program of its kind on any console, is expected to see millions of participants when it begins May 3. Players can access the multiplayer beta on Xbox LIVE through the Halo 3: ODST disc.

• Meet Noble Team: For the first time, players fight alongside a squad of iconic Spartan soldiers, each with deadly talents as unique as their individual personalities and customized gear.
  • An intense campaign: Live the events that set the stage for the Halo trilogy as the UNSC and Covenant clash at the height of their military power. New weapons and abilities complement the familiar Halo arsenal for the largest-scale battles ever witnessed in the Halo universe. Fiercely cunning artificial intelligence adds depth and complexity to each encounter, helping make every playthrough a unique and epic experience.
  • Stunning technical advancements: Halo: Reach takes a massive leap forward through all-new engine technology designed to take full advantage of next-generation graphics, audio, special effects, A.I., and animation while continuing to expand on the campaign, cooperative, and multiplayer sandbox in a way that only Halo can.
  • The definitive multiplayer experience: Halo: Reach builds on the success of its predecessors, setting a new standard for competitive gameplay, customization, variety and community integration.
  • Unparalleled feature suite: Halo: Reach expands on the industry-leading suite of features found in Halo 3, including four-player cooperative campaign play, splitscreen support, saved films, screenshots, and exciting new surprises that have yet to be revealed.
Anyone else excited??

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

word.. I used to be a go hard.. Ive been to MLG events and everything.. lol.. but this game is definitely getting copped..

pimp.gif

but I haven't touched Halo 3 since Gears of War 2 came out I think..
laugh.gif

Definitely looking forward to this.

The graphics leave a lot to be desired though. It's not as big a leap forward as I would expect given 2 fps halo shooters on the 360 already.

It's just the beta but I hope bungie doesn't disappoint with the final copy.

Wow. Game is gonna be off the chain. I just played Halo 3 last night after the longest time. I forgot how
pimp.gif
it is. I'm glad I held onto my ODST!

I'll cop.

Halo's only fun to me when you play wit a group of homies though. I hate playing with strangers.

If anyone wants to play Halo 3 sometime down the line:

GT: JPZxPERO

I heard that in this game it is back to fighting elites and this time they won't be speaking English (when I was playing Halo and my friend, who never played game, said "why are the aliens speaking English" I paraphrased the OG Simpsons Halloween special and said "actually they are speaking Rigelian, which by an astonishing coincidence is exactly the same." I never liked how the Covenant spoke English, it was especially lame when the Brutes would yell "grenade" and warn you)

I saw that you can finally sprint a la COD, which was a major complaint of mine in Halo 3. Hopefully you can get prone and I am guessing that while they are updating the game play, they will have the ability to customize the looks, not just the ability, of your Spartan in multi player, a la COD.

I also hope, I pray, there are no uffin' Flood in this game. Please God, please. They are so annoying.

Edit: The only good thing that could come from flood is if you get to fight a Gravemind. I can imagine  how it would react when you are about to kill it.

[Gravemind]"now the kufi has been smacked..."[/Gravemind]

Man, I remember I used to play halo for like 8-10 hours straight on Saturdays. Most of my friends switched to COD, so halo wasn't really the same. Hopefully this changes everything. I might start playing HALO 3 again. If anyone wants to play, send me a friend request....Gt: XxDiesel33xX

It looks hot, but why is Bungie avoiding doing a Halo 4?!? I mean where the F is Master Chief! All this prequel !#%%$ isn't needed.

Originally Posted by aceofjays

It looks hot, but why is Bungie avoiding doing a Halo 4?!? I mean where the F is Master Chief! All this prequel !#%%$ isn't needed.

3 installments is enough. Let that dead horse be.

damn this is gonna be crazy. i remember everyone went crazy for halo 3, that was the best
pimp.gif

Glad to see people talking smack in here
laugh.gif

I remember the last NTr (Honcho) was talking reckless and turned out horrible
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

but if anyone needs lessons let me know.

Definitely need to get a new 360 before this comes out I remember I thought I was doin it getting perfection's in TS and then I started playing MLG games and had no idea what the callouts were and always went negative
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom