Halogen Fog lights, HID lights or LED lights??

i just got some Pilot PL-4200B High Power Halogen Driving Lamps and was wondering if these lights are even any good.. i always hear of people only buying HIDS or LEDS. ive never heard anything about halogen lights. So NT my question to you is, which of the 3 lights are brighter and last longer?

never knew what was what and why each is better... Anyone care to explain?

Its all about projectors or halos on your cars. Good cars already come with them, ex. Escalade has projector headlights and Led tail lights.

dont know about your specific model, but those are all just different technologies of lighting.

halogen are your standard light bulbs. i dont think LEDs are used as the primary light source for fog/headlights. HIDs are used by higher end cars; they're brighter, emit a blue hue and require a projector to use (i.e. retrofit your headlights).

Originally Posted by Based Mod

dont know about your specific model, but those are all just different technologies of lighting.

halogen are your standard light bulbs. i dont think LEDs are used as the primary light source for fog/headlights. HIDs are used by higher end cars; they're brighter, emit a blue hue and require a projector to use (i.e. retrofit your headlights).

well, depending on the temp of them, yes. But other than that what based mod said is pretty much right, well from my knowledge at least

So i shouldn't even bother putting them on? i should keep my standard fogs??

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

depends, are you going for functionality or looks? I'd say HID's in your headlights are good since they are so bright and would allow you to see at night better and they also look nice (imo). As far as your fogs go, if you get HID's, 3000k is a bright yellow color which is said to be best for breaking up fog, anything higher than that is still helpful in terms of seeing whats in front of you but not so much for the fog aspect(which is what they are initially for) hope that helps some

Originally Posted by needsomejays

depends, are you going for functionality or looks? I'd say HID's in your headlights are good since they are so bright and would allow you to see at night better and they also look nice (imo). As far as your fogs go, if you get HID's, 3000k is a bright yellow color which is said to be best for breaking up fog, anything higher than that is still helpful in terms of seeing whats in front of you but not so much for the fog aspect(which is what they are initially for) hope that helps some

Well, I'm looking more for functionality. My standard HID headlights don't work too well, I don't see too much of a difference from when i first put them on a couple months ago. So now I want to put these on for additional lighting. but thanks i guess ill just find some more HIDS.

Well, I'm looking more for functionality. My standard HID headlights don't work too well, I don't see too much of a difference from when i first put them on a couple months ago. So now I want to put these on for additional lighting. but thanks i guess ill just find some more HIDS.

well if you already have HID headlights you could put in some brighter bulbs, is say go for 6000k. Do you know what you have in there now?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

OP what kind of vehicle do you have
my first car Infiniti I30 98
acrbba.jpg

well if you already have HID headlights you could put in some brighter bulbs, is say go for 6000k. Do you know what you have in there now?

I think the guy said something about the average ones he sells behing 7000 so i think i have that one 
laugh.gif

My pilot has LED's, I believe. They're ULTRA bright, have a slightly icey-blue tint, and would blind you if the floods were on.
@dunksnjordans1 I would change out the headlights for something brighter than stock.

From what I can tell your infiniti has fluted headlamps so I would just get a halogen bulbs. Hey, are your headlights plastic or glass? A possible idea could be if they're yellowed(plastic) that can decrease light output dramatically.

From what I can tell your infiniti has fluted headlamps so I would just get a halogen bulbs. Hey, are your headlights plastic or glass? A possible idea could be if they're yellowed(plastic) that can decrease light output dramatically.

the infiniti has plastic lights, it actually is yellow and fogged... id have to fix that up then huh 
grin.gif

well, depending on the temp of them, yes. But other than that what based mod said is pretty much right, well from my knowledge at least

they could be purple, yellow, white etc

Originally Posted by oidreez

yea but i'm speaking generally.
OP, are you sure you have HIDs on your car or just xenon bulbs?  do you have a projector retrofit?

the infiniti has plastic lights, it actually is yellow and fogged... id have to fix that up then huh 
grin.gif

Its a common issue among various cars including mine.  They sell headlight cleaning kits in auto part stores and internet sites you can use to clean them. There are also people who will drive to you and do it, some methods are better than others. The one I used did make a noticeable different but they weren't perfectly clear which I have seen done with some methods. 

Originally Posted by oidreez

yea but i'm speaking generally.
OP, are you sure you have HIDs on your car or just xenon bulbs?  do you have a projector retrofit?

nah man, they are the HIDS. got that kitt and everything... not too sure what the projector is though...

Back
Top Bottom