Hamilton Play Writer set to debut "In Da Heights" movie in 2020

Na they don’t have a cultural impact up here. Cultural key word not political. Nobody’s coming up here to buy matzo ball soup and a lox bagel on Purim. You must have missed target backing out of opening a store on 181 due to small business protesting. Or Walgreens backing out of opening a store on 187 and fort Washington and running the Dominican owned supermarket out a few years back. Washington heights is the last neighborhood in Manhattan (maybe Chinatown also) that still feel authentic because of it’s main demographic. this movie failed and just tried to mashed up all Latino culture like it’s all the same which is how certain demographics look at us anyway and couldnt be further from the truth. Also la marina and that dirtbag deserved to be closed long ago. Real racist place to blacks and Afro Latinos.

btw I love that ihop. Place be packed at 4,5,6 am on a weekend with drunks. Tipi was bottom of the barrel compared to near by el malecon and floridiata

Floridita is the sh#t

Malecon has more roaches than patrons. Avoid that place at all costs. And a family member works the counter, so hear me when i tell you, avoid!

The roasted lobster and a bucket of a 5 Presidentes for $10 at Típico was unmatched.

From what I am reading, people weren't EXPECTING (due to the standards Hollywood has already set) an accurate representation but that doesn't mean folks shouldn't voice their displeasure.

You accused me of trolling but all you have done in this thread was essentially tell people they have no right to feel slighted by this project.

If you honestly step back and look at your postings here, it REALLY comes off as, "You all should be happy you got SOMETHING so shutup and take IT."

I never said to not feel slighted by the project as I've stated numerous faults and opportunities to better represent the Heights.

I feel as this is the only movie on Washington Heights and the passion people have, their expectations were not going to be delivered by the creator's past work, upbringing and it being a cheesy musical.

Hopefully this inspires more of us to become writers, creators, directors, actors and storytellers to create a movie on Washington Heights that delivers more accurately to the laser focus on Dominican culture that Hollywood has never been able to deliver.

Here's a history lesson they didn't teach you in school how it all started. One of all time favorite NY Times articles.

Screenshot_20210618-232641.png

Last edited:
Dascha so ****ing fine dawg. Almost forgot my girl was sitting next to me when she threw that Thang up on that salon chair :smh:

Back
Top Bottom