Hamilton Play Writer set to debut "In Da Heights" movie in 2020

Movie of Lin-Manuel Miranda’s ‘In the Heights’ set for summer 2020
By Associated Press

June 7, 2018 | 6:48pm

in-the-heights.jpg

Lin-Manuel Miranda and the cast of "In the Heights"FilmMagic
Lin-Manuel Miranda‘s Tony-winning musical “In the Heights” will hit theaters in 2020 as a summer-event movie.

Warner Bros. won the rights to the 2008 Tony-winner after a bidding war earlier this spring. The project had been in development at The Weinstein Company, which auctioned off many of its assets in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein scandal.

Warner Bros. announced Thursday that “In the Heights” will be released June 26, 2020. Miranda is producing the film, which is to be directed by Jon M. Chu. The upcoming romantic comedy “Crazy Rich Asians” is also helmed by Chu.

“In the Heights” is about a bodega owner in New York’s Washington Heights. Miranda has previously said his follow-up to “In the Heights,” ”Hamilton,” will be adapted into a movie but not soon.

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/07/movie-of-lin-manuel-mirandas-in-the-heights-set-for-summer-2020/

Hamilton really crackin?

When I seen what I saw on curb your enthusiasm, looked like a “safe” hip hop show.

I'm Rican, I love Hamilton and I'll be at the theater for this movie.

Asian director though, why?

thought you were black

I'm not 100% Rican

I assume that you'll be a consultant for authenticity right ninjahood ninjahood ?

Cuz he's a good director. Most likely the best one for the job.

Is this the same director or is there another Jon Chu?

Saw a screening for this last weekend.

Ninja gets robbed for his Jesus piece coming out da bodega :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom