Hamilton Vol. Theater kids, come in

ghenges

Supporter
How is there not a Hamilton thread on NT?

My niece said she wanted to go see Hamilton since it was coming to our city. Me under constant pressure to be the cool uncle, I had to cop tickets. We saw it this past Sunday.

I'm not a theater kid. I'm not a theater person. But I do like to be a part of a cultural phenomenon. I've seen a handful of plays. I'm no expert.

This show was good. No, it was great. What's weird is that it STAYS with you after you see it. Like I'm here watching it on Disney+ for what? It's amazing that someone can sit down and write all those songs and lyrics and choreography. It's the equivalent of sitting and listening to a really good album (ya'll remember albums?) from beginning to end.

Anyone else seen it? Or are you all uncultured swine?

Watched it when it released on Disney+. I thought it was entertaining, but didn't quite fall into the hype that a lot of people were following.

I started to re-listen to the songs just this past week because of my daughter.

Lin-Manuel is talented and the OG cast was great.

1668111543064.gif

They must've copied the rapping history guys. The idea of people rapping about alexander hamilton sounds really dumb but probably why old white people love it.

It's okay to broaden your horizons and experience new things.

It's funny that after 20 years I don't really come on NT that much anymore but one of the first things I thought of when I saw the show was NT, lol. If there was ever a bridge between Broadway and NT it's Hamilton. I mean, just listen to this banger:

My girl is dragging me to To Kill a Mocking Bird at the Pantages next week. Pray for me.

Back
Top Bottom