Happily Married Men/Men In Long Term Relationship

How did you meet your wife/girlfriend/soulmate? How were things like during the dating stages (did you chase , was she hard to get or did she do the pursuing)? How long was ya talking/dating before you smashed? And finally how long were you guys dating or seeing eachother before you guys became a couple?

Cant really speak on it but I feel like the guy pretty much has to chase for the marriage to last

Met my wife in high school. We'd been friends since freshman year, started dating senior year, got married last year. Been together 7 years.

We clicked right off the bat. Both of us put in equal work.

Waited until marriage.

First met my wife when we were in college. She had another boyfriend and I was with another chick so we never hooked up but we were genuinely friendly. Always talked when we ran into each other but no feelings. Graduated college in 1996 and never spoke to or thought about her again.

Five years later, in 2001 I was in my first year of law school and she was in her second (different schools but both in the city), and we ran into eachother on the subway one day. Caught up, and she gave me her number. Ended up going out, had a crazy kiss at the end of the date and rolled out. Called her the next day, and she never called me back. Never called her again and moved on.

Threebyears later, in 2004, was a third year lawyer at a hardcore firm, and made the front page of the New York Times for something at work. That day I get an email from her, asking if it was me. I was with another chick at the time but this chick was crazy. She would call me and tell me thatbif I didn't come over that she'd cut herself. Crazy. But....she was hot and came from serious cash, so I was trying to stick it out.

Anyway, I ended up speaking to my wife. She asked me to meet up with her, and I had just gotten back from a trip, was with the other chick and remembered that she never called me back three years earlier, so I was like yeah, whatever, we can meet up at some point. She kept on me and convinced me to meet her that night. I called the girl I was with the next day and told her I was out. I knew i would marry the chick who is now my wife the night we met up.

Been with my wife ever since. We got married in 2006 and have two kids, a girl (about 3 1/2 years old) and a boy (about 1 1/2 years old). Love my wife to death.

HOVKid 

I respect you, b.

But don't you find it weird how she sees you on front cover and starts hitting you up blah blah blah?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Nktran001

I respect you, b.

But don't you find it weird how she sees you on front cover and starts hitting you up blah blah blah?
nerd.gif

She was making more than me and did until we had our first kid, when she gave up her career because she wanted to put everything she had into raising our kids.

Originally Posted by killabee

How did you meet your wife/girlfriend/soulmate? How were things like during the dating stages (did you chase , was she hard to get or did she do the pursuing)? How long was ya talking/dating before you smashed? And finally how long were you guys dating or seeing eachother before you guys became a couple?

Was friends with her cousin for a while in high school. No real chase, we both found each other attractive and intelligent and basically hit it off from the get go.We were talking for about a month and a half before we decided to be exclusive. Dated for around 3 months before I got it in (on Valentine's day
happy.gif
). Gonna be 2 years later this month 
wink.gif

I remember the first time I met my right hand, boy it was love at first sight. We used to go at it, 4 maybe 5 times a day when it was an intensely novel experience. Things definitely went stale in the relationship due to a combination of me being too stressed/busy to spend quality time and not having the same drive I had when I was younger
tired.gif

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Originally Posted by Nktran001

I respect you, b.

nerd.gif

She was making more than me and did until we had our first kid, when she gave up her career because she wanted to put everything she had into raising our kids.
pimp.gif

She went to my boys high school, I was just dropped by one of the "popular" chicks from my highschool that I was dating, so my boy hooked it up, she came to our block...eventhough it was 12 years ago, I remember that day like it was yesterday, I had on some blue waterproof track pants, a white tee and a pair of black/blue penny IV's and I had just come from The Woodberry commons outlets, I met her for the first time in my boys old room, she was on the floor getting scraped on Mario Kart and I had brought some White Castle on the way, we sag in front of my building, eating, chatting it, my mother ring noisy outthe window, this is by far the most vivid memory of a particular day in my brain, I can pretty much playback those 4+ hours we spent from the time I first saw her till the second I dropped her off atthe bust stop....it's crazy...

Anyways , 12 years later here we are, now married...in our home, in our bed and hopefully having our first baby within a year or two...

Back
Top Bottom