Happy birthday to the GOAT RB

LDJ wrote:
End of the day barry accolades/skills/talents superceeds paytons and it isnt even close.

You can always be counted on for saying the dumbest %@#$ possible when it comes to sports.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Barry is so overrated now that his career is over. He wasn't that good a blocker, had to be taken out at the goal line, wasn't that great a receiver out of the backfield either, and he had negative yardage in his only playoff game.  Not only that, Barry had more runs for negative yardage than any back in the history of the game. 

He was a great back, one of the greatest ever, but not the GOAT because of those reasons.

You youngbucks watch some NFL network highlights and think he was the best ever but nobody who actually saw Barry play would call him the best ever.  It was always a debate whether he was better than Emmitt when both were in their primes. 

Emmitt's separated shoulder game > any game in Barry's career. 
Let me guess, you're a Cowboys fan? 
laugh.gif
I am old enough to give a valid opinion since I watched Barry play before he was a Lion. I also witnessed Walter play (not his entire career) and both of these backs were amazing and should be appreciated for what they meant for the game of football. I have noticed that quite a few members on this site deal in nothing but absolutes. Back to the topic at hand, HBD Sweetness, R.I.P

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Barry is so overrated now that his career is over. He wasn't that good a blocker, had to be taken out at the goal line, wasn't that great a receiver out of the backfield either, and he had negative yardage in his only playoff game.  Not only that, Barry had more runs for negative yardage than any back in the history of the game. 

He was a great back, one of the greatest ever, but not the GOAT because of those reasons.

You youngbucks watch some NFL network highlights and think he was the best ever but nobody who actually saw Barry play would call him the best ever.  It was always a debate whether he was better than Emmitt when both were in their primes. 

Let me guess, you're a Cowboys fan? 
laugh.gif
I am old enough to give a valid opinion since I watched Barry play before he was a Lion. I also witnessed Walter play (not his entire career) and both of these backs were amazing and should be appreciated for what they meant for the game of football. I have noticed that quite a few members on this site deal in nothing but absolutes. Back to the topic at hand, HBD Sweetness, R.I.P
That's right, I am a Cowboys fan but I can be objective in these discussions.  I went a bit too far with the "separated shoulder" comment but Barry's game has weaknesses(goal line) that people forget now that he is retired.  I really shouldn't have even brought Emmitt into the discussion but that's only because they played during the same era. 

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by assyrianplaya

Originally Posted by Nako XL

did you think Jordan was the greatest in '94?
the two are separate situations, Jordan had won three rings. his reasons can be for whatever he wants due to the combo of on court excellence and WINNING. Three rings in 10 years is a damn good career for anyone.

Barry admittedly quit because of the losing, therefore he quit on his team.
Looks at avy.
eyes.gif

Exactly
laugh.gif
.....Barry> but HBD to Sweetness

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Originally Posted by cartune

Barry isnt even top 5 shut up

HBD one of the GOATs

ComingToAmericaLaugh.gif
Boy you sound like a damb fool.....what's your top 5
Payton

Smith

Brown

Dickerson

Campbell

Curtis Martin

O yea you only asked for 5

You could even make the case that Faulk was a better overall back than Sanders. 

HBD one of the GOATs

ComingToAmericaLaugh.gif
Payton

Smith

Brown

Dickerson

Campbell

Curtis Martin

HBD one of the GOATs

ComingToAmericaLaugh.gif
Payton

Smith

Brown

Dickerson

Campbell

Curtis Martin

Sounds like you are a young buck, Barry played more than one playoff game and the Lions beat the Cowboys in the playoffs when Emmit was on the team. Emmit Smith's shoulder game was a great on the field performance as well as off the field. I have heard more than a few people comment about him being an actor and playing it up when guys on his own team were playing with the same injury. Emmitt was just playing for the record the last few years of his career he would run out of bounds to avoid contact and he kept holding on to pile on yards. I have more respect for players that leave too early instead of too late. Btw did you watch Emmit's "shoulder game" live?

Dudes in here talking reckless

Ni%&#$ done lost their minds. Curtis Martin?!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Go to sleep and get some much needed Z's son

Back
Top Bottom