hardwood floor experts (basketball)... dead spots.

this is a weird thread but hear me out. i need some serious advice. mods move if necessary.
you know those dead spots on basketball courts (the older ones) where when you bounce a basketball and the ball hardly bounces? well this league i'm playing in has a gym like that, and these spots are all over...

so last season 2nd game into the season .. i jumped up and tore my ACL and meniscus 
frown.gif
 i was out from may-november. i finally started playing hard in december.

from december-now i've been playing at the ymca and other courts PROBLEM FREE. i've been playing hard.. i got my jumping back and finally started slamming again over a month ago. 

so today is the 1st game of the season, AT THE SAME GYM (i expressed my concern with the floor but no one listened. me being stupid, i didn't think it could've been the floor that caused my injury last year and signed anyways). i was grabbing a rebound and i hyperextended the same knee. 

ok so could it be the floor's dead spots? i did a lot of strengthening for my legs (to help my knee) and i've been playing hard for 5 months and no issues.. i go and play 1 game on this floor and i get hurt right away

what's the deal? could it be the floor? i'm thinking about just getting a refund and not risking anything again.  

sorry for the long post

this is a weird thread but hear me out. i need some serious advice. mods move if necessary.
you know those dead spots on basketball courts (the older ones) where when you bounce a basketball and the ball hardly bounces? well this league i'm playing in has a gym like that, and these spots are all over...

so last season 2nd game into the season .. i jumped up and tore my ACL and meniscus 
frown.gif
 i was out from may-november. i finally started playing hard in december.

from december-now i've been playing at the ymca and other courts PROBLEM FREE. i've been playing hard.. i got my jumping back and finally started slamming again over a month ago. 

so today is the 1st game of the season, AT THE SAME GYM (i expressed my concern with the floor but no one listened. me being stupid, i didn't think it could've been the floor that caused my injury last year and signed anyways). i was grabbing a rebound and i hyperextended the same knee. 

ok so could it be the floor's dead spots? i did a lot of strengthening for my legs (to help my knee) and i've been playing hard for 5 months and no issues.. i go and play 1 game on this floor and i get hurt right away

what's the deal? could it be the floor? i'm thinking about just getting a refund and not risking anything again.  

sorry for the long post

Yeah of course it can be the floor, it prolly is to be honest...

I would get the refund and never play there again

Yeah of course it can be the floor, it prolly is to be honest...

I would get the refund and never play there again

Back
Top Bottom