***Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Official Post*** Release Date 7/15/09

Originally Posted by vjetti

This one just seemed like filler material for the last movie. Didn't seem like anything really happened in this one, other than the death at the end. Although it was cool to see Voldemort as a child. I can see why this one was PG. I think the only thing that might have kept me awake after the first half was Hermione
devil.gif
. And Draco is such a disappointment, the trailer really built him up for this movie, that he'd do some badd things, but he just wimped out. Seriously have no clue why so many non-children like this stuff really. People need to read/watch something that isn't so derivative of other material..
Have you read the book? They kept it true to the books with Malfoy and his struggle. He wimps out in the book because he is not like the DeathEaters and he has good in him

Originally Posted by parada45

Now that I think about it they should have had Bill and Fleur in the movie

The wedding is a big event in DH

I'm a little confused about what they're gonna do with this. I mean the wedding also happens at the Burrow. They could just not include it, but I doubtit. I'm thinking they start the 7th movie with the funeral and then after that Harry gets the stuff Dumbledore left him, including the rest of the memoriesthat were left out

They may have made Snape's true motives too obvious, but since I've already read the 7th book, maybe I just already know what happens and can see the hints that they dropped.
QFT! I swear I'm not sure if it's because I already know what happens or if it really was made to look more obvious than it should be.

Originally Posted by theDEEK

They may have made Snape's true motives too obvious, but since I've already read the 7th book, maybe I just already know what happens and can see the hints that they dropped.
QFT! I swear I'm not sure if it's because I already know what happens or if it really was made to look more obvious than it should be.

I did notice this too, but I still think that the people that didn't read the books, probably didn't pick it up which means it is because we'veread the book

im sorry, but this movie is garbage...it laggeddddddddddddddddddd...pretty straight to the point.he did this , she did that.Not much of a twist like the firstfew.lucky thing i only spent 5 bucks ....booooooo

I am a HUGE fan of the books and this book in particular is my favorite of the series,

and I thought the movie was Great. nicely done with the time they had to work with it. Unlike many of you I know what to expect out of a movie adaptation of abook. They will not be able to include every little %$!%%%$ detail that's in the book and I understood that coming in. I thought the movie was very welldone and I'm gonna have to check it out again soon but it could be my favorite of the series. Sure I imagined some parts to be done differently but overallit was a very entertaining movie and definitely one of the darkest of the series(movie-wise)

I can't wait for the last 2 movies, I've already started to re-read Dh. I know the last 2 will be epic

overall, I'll give this an 8.5/10. My expectations were fulfilled & I'll probably be watching this again within the next few weeks(Imax probably)

SPOILER REVIEW

The movie was good... I was just disappointed in the lack of fight scenes, especially at the end of the movie.... The death eaters were there at Hogwarts,and.... no battle
smh.gif

and also, the Dumbledore played in the movie doesn't portray the Dumbledore in the books... He doesn't seem friendly at all, and I don't see himand Harry having a unique relationship (like they do in the book).

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

I am a HUGE fan of the books and this book in particular is my favorite of the series,

and I thought the movie was Great. nicely done with the time they had to work with it. Unlike many of you I know what to expect out of a movie adaptation of a book. They will not be able to include every little %$!%%%$ detail that's in the book and I understood that coming in. I thought the movie was very well done and I'm gonna have to check it out again soon but it could be my favorite of the series. Sure I imagined some parts to be done differently but overall it was a very entertaining movie and definitely one of the darkest of the series(movie-wise)

I can't wait for the last 2 movies, I've already started to re-read Dh. I know the last 2 will be epic

overall, I'll give this an 8.5/10. My expectations were fulfilled & I'll probably be watching this again within the next few weeks(Imax probably)
I agree...but last 2 movies? Dont you mean the last movie after this...?

Originally Posted by trak1sh

and I thought the movie was Great. nicely done with the time they had to work with it. Unlike many of you I know what to expect out of a movie adaptation of a book. They will not be able to include every little %$!%%%$ detail that's in the book and I understood that coming in. I thought the movie was very well done and I'm gonna have to check it out again soon but it could be my favorite of the series. Sure I imagined some parts to be done differently but overall it was a very entertaining movie and definitely one of the darkest of the series(movie-wise)

It's being broken into 2 movies. And I might start rereading DH right now because I haven't done it yet

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

I thought it was great. You have to understand that with the changes it made the movie better. If they'd tried to stick to the book more then it would have turned out like Order of the Phoenix. I thought the ommissions were fine, except for a few and the changes were actually better. Harry being pulled under water in the cave was awesome and really added to the scene.

Also, while they did add things in with the Burrow being decimated. It seems like it will be to lead into the 7th book easier. They did no fight at Hogwarts because they are gonna make the 7th book's fight epic, but they still added the fight at the Burrow to give us a good scene.

I loved the lighting, especially with Draco. It always kept you thinking about him. Also, on the subject the cheeriness was there in the book, as well. The 6th book is strange in that they still try to continue normal lives after the death of Sirius and the people going missing. In the book they still were preoccupied with Quidditch, with classes, with relationships. It's almost to keep this facade up and keep them disillusioned until the final blow is struck and an attack actually occurs on Hogwarts where Dumledore is killed.

And I have to say it is the best movie of the series because they are now able and willing to change things up to help better the movies. Even if accuracy was lost it was the best

And, yes, I am a big fan of the
couldn't have said it better

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

Originally Posted by trak1sh

It's being broken into 2 movies. And I might start rereading DH right now because I haven't done it yet

Yup they are making Deathly Hallows into 2 movies and filming them one after another, so they will only be about a year apart or less. I love the idea of themmaking the last book into 2 movies

I am so disapointed, they honestly should make the movies rated R so that they can make these movies dark, i mean really dark like the book is, i am notafraid of anyone in this movie, but my biggest problem with this movie is that they ignored the main plot and played up the sub plots, why didnt they focus onthe horcruxes and the death eaters, and voldemort. The movie didnt have a climax, it sat at one level the entire movie, no levels whatsoever. I really cantsee how anyone can say this movie was better than order of the phoenix and the prisoner of azkaban.

Originally Posted by cwalk1950

I am so disapointed, they honestly should make the movies rated R so that they can make these movies dark, i mean really dark like the book is, i am not afraid of anyone in this movie, but my biggest problem with this movie is that they ignored the main plot and played up the sub plots, why didnt they focus on the horcruxes and the death eaters, and voldemort. The movie didnt have a climax, it sat at one level the entire movie, no levels whatsoever. I really cant see how anyone can say this movie was better than order of the phoenix and the prisoner of azkaban.
Because Prisoner of Azkaban and Order of the Phoenix sucked. I think they changed it from horcruxes being the main plot because of how they'redoing the last movie. Instead of discovering the whole 7 splits of the soul, they just discovered the fact that he made horcruxes here and didn't reallyfocus on the 7

i watched it, and was not satisfied well i was seeing Emma Watson, my baby.
SPOILER ALERT
they didn't leave out little parts. leaving out bill and fleur, i wanted to see greyback do some work. the mother*$#$#$# battle scene, NONE? NONE?seriously how could jk rowling allow this to be an interpretation of her book? this movie is a travesty.
quidditch matches, there were only two scenes the practice and match against slytherin. there were 4 in the book, and ginnny and harry kissing in the room ofrequirement what the hell. i think it would have been a better scene right after the quidditch match in the common room. they left out two of the memories, nogaunt house? or that lady that had the the two horcruxes. the lack of use of the invisibility cloak which harry used in like 5 scenes of the book.
this movie was tooooooo happy, this was the freaky, everyone is gonna die kinda mood.
it was funny. but why?
some things were meant to be in the book and were left out.

PG RATING FTL.
the last 2 were PG-13.

caught it today. without making too in-depth of a review, i definitely came out of the theater with mixed feelings and slightly disappointed with the movie.i'm a fan and have loved the previous installments, so maybe my expectations were a bit high. all and all there were a number of really well done scenes,but you could definitely feel as if this book was "too big" to fit into a movie storyline wise. it's definitely a set-up for the final book andlast 2 films, but i still expected a bit more.

I really liked the movie but the books are just too great that none of the films can do them justice.

Really mad they left out my 2 favorite parts of the movie. SMH

Movie Was Good but left out sooooo much important details.

How do they not address that the charm to protect harry untill he turns 17 wears off ?

And how do they not Show the Muggle president and the Minister talking about the events that are going on ?

The whole movie series they talk about how the dursleys hate harry and in this one Harry and Dudley come eye to eye and gain respect for
each other. when they both know they wont see each other again

And the giant fight in front of the castle how do they drop that ? and not speak of it ?

Or talk about Tonks baby outside of one line.

Movie was GOOD i just felt it was SOOOOO empty Compared to the book.

These last 2 movies better have every ounce of everything that the book had or i will be mad.

i enjoyed the movie. it was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
there were a few discrepancies in the film, but one stood out the most.

malfoy disarmed dumbledore using expelliarmus, thus "defeating" him. by doing so, he became the owner of the elder wand. now in thebook, harry disarms draco in some hallway in hogwarts and becomes the new owner of the elder wand which plays as big a part in the storyas harry's mom dying for him. so WHY did they NOT show harry disarming draco??????????

Originally Posted by JayADiCt92

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

malfoy disarmed dumbledore using expelliarmus, thus "defeating" him. by doing so, he became the owner of the elder wand. now in the book, harry disarms draco in some hallway in hogwarts and becomes the new owner of the elder wand which plays as big a part in the story as harry's mom dying for him. so WHY did they NOT show harry disarming draco??????????

I thought that scuffle happens at Malfoy Manor in the last book seeing as Harry pimps Draco for his wand, earn both Draco's regular and the Elder Wand? Thecut out parts are going to make the last 2 movies confusing or boring (boring because they will have to explain stuff that should have been explained earlierinstead of just jumping in). The real question is what are they going to do about the characters that have been cut from the movies (like Dobby) that have tobe in the last movie. The whole Dobby thing only works if u see him and Harry build upon their relationship since the 2nd film without it the whole scene losesit point

so i skimmed thru a few pages and ive come to the conclusion that NT is full of dorks. i never read any of the books so to hear yall talk is quite amusing.carry on

JayADiCt92 wrote:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

malfoy disarmed dumbledore using expelliarmus, thus "defeating" him. by doing so, he became the owner of the elder wand. now in the book, harry disarms draco in some hallway in hogwarts and becomes the new owner of the elder wand which plays as big a part in the story as harry's mom dying for him. so WHY did they NOT show harry disarming draco??????????
Yea that happenes in the last book when they are at Malfoy Manner

I forgot that they showed Dumbledore's wand in his office at the end

I wouldn't be surprised if they omit the wedding and funeral in DH

without making too in-depth of a review, i definitely came out of the theater with mixed feelings and slightly disappointed with the movie

Omg,I said the same exact thing when I walked out of the theater. Like, personally, without comparing the film to the novel, it was a pretty good film. Butwhen I compare it to the book, it was kind of BAD? in my opinion. I believe every memory was important, the dursley's scenes were important, the fight atthe end of the novel, dumbledore's white tomb, ect. I believe they focused too much on the whole love thing, which is understandable to some degree becausethe novel does as well,but it seemed to me the film just over-exaggerated that a bit. Also, I don't know if horcruxes were explained as thoroughly in thefilm as in the novel. Uggh idk

I'm confuseddd. =x

Btw, the guy who played Tom Riddle was
pimp.gif

I wanted to see Merope and the Gaunts
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom