Has American society made progress towards the discrimination of African Americans??

Just one of the topics in my African American History class and I was wondering what others think about this topic .. 

Just one of the topics in my African American History class and I was wondering what others think about this topic .. 

If you are asking whether we've made progress toward getting rid of discrimination against African Americans.... It's obvious that we have, look at 1960's America to now..

But there is still rampant discrimination.. As most evident by political discourse in this country... Among 100's of other things..

If you are asking whether we've made progress toward getting rid of discrimination against African Americans.... It's obvious that we have, look at 1960's America to now..

But there is still rampant discrimination.. As most evident by political discourse in this country... Among 100's of other things..

yes in the case that you can now achieve higher occupational opportunities in the system but no in the sense that we are still being stereotyped and treated like second rate citizens in some instances.

yes in the case that you can now achieve higher occupational opportunities in the system but no in the sense that we are still being stereotyped and treated like second rate citizens in some instances.

i think there have certainly been exponential step forward but sometimes there's minor regression sometimes
it's like a drug addict they relapse
i feel that those being discriminated against have certainly played their role on the relapse /regression

i think there have certainly been exponential step forward but sometimes there's minor regression sometimes
it's like a drug addict they relapse
i feel that those being discriminated against have certainly played their role on the relapse /regression

This country has mad progress towards discriminating the middle and lower class.

This country has mad progress towards discriminating the middle and lower class.

America has taken a step forward but i would say that it has done an even better job of hiding it

America has taken a step forward but i would say that it has done an even better job of hiding it

i would have to say no, if you got money and your black yes

if ur broke or middle class HELL NO they still treat you like a %$$+!!

even if ur educated/cultured U STILL A %$$+!!

and lets not even talk about getting jobs, ITS LIKE WHITE PEOPLE WANT to see black people suffer

being black and young nowadays is  A CURSE cause white people dont even take us seriously, YOU GOTTA DO DOUBLE WHAT THE average white young person do TO EVEN BE CONSIDERED FOR A JOB

i would have to say no, if you got money and your black yes

if ur broke or middle class HELL NO they still treat you like a %$$+!!

even if ur educated/cultured U STILL A %$$+!!

and lets not even talk about getting jobs, ITS LIKE WHITE PEOPLE WANT to see black people suffer

being black and young nowadays is  A CURSE cause white people dont even take us seriously, YOU GOTTA DO DOUBLE WHAT THE average white young person do TO EVEN BE CONSIDERED FOR A JOB

I don't know...

But...

Try playing Xbox Live with my gamertag: Never Had Much

The racist dudes on Xbox Live is in abbundance it's disgusting.

Dudes hide behind the Internet and talk so tough and would never look me in the face and say half the stuff that they say.

It's whatever though.

I don't know...

But...

Dudes hide behind the Internet and talk so tough and would never look me in the face and say half the stuff that they say.

It's whatever though.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

I don't know...

But...

It's whatever though.
This is a whole new modern racism. Its much worst than the traditional belligerent outspoken racism... back then you had a choice to do something about it, now you're SOL. 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom