Has any other hip-hop artist shown as much growth as NaS has?

Originally Posted by cartune

I know Nas is god but how has he shown growth when his best work was his first work? Am I missing something or is this just another worship service?
But it's not like he's made bad albums after, aside from one, which I honestly didn't even think was that bad. I wasn't talking about albums though I was focused more on as far as lyrical content goes and things of that sort. I personally think Untitled was a great album, and honestly, there's days when I take Stillmatic over Illmatic. Dude's getting older he can't keep rapping about the things he rapped about 16 years ago.

I know Nas is god but how has he shown growth when his best work was his first work? Am I missing something or is this just another worship service?
Irony
laugh.gif

depends what you mean by growth. in terms of quality id say he stayed consistent but obviously regressed after dropping illmatic as his very first piece of work.

If you listen from his verse on "Live @ The BBQ" up to what he's doin NOW, he's showed A LOT of growth as an artist and a man...

Also in the case of Steadman, he was GARBAGE when he came in with that Fu-Shnikans/Das Efx flow, up to what he's doin now (provided his subject matter is pretty much the same)

Also:
TI
Rick Ross

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

what growth? he fell off... his flow got shaky... he picks worse beats now more than ever... and he dont really be talkin about ***@ but africa... old nas (stillmatic and earlier) > new nas by far...

CO-SIGN and Nas prolly my favorite rapper. This new $+$% he putting out i cant rock with.

Dude has had mad roller coasters in his career. When Stillmatic dropped i put him as
eek.gif
GOAT like he was the coming of Christ
laugh.gif
. After that, this ___ has fell off BAD.

I was ROFL when MUSICALEXCELLENCE said "All he talks about is Africa"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

But Nas is arguably the greatest rapper alive + who ever did it but... Who else has evolved?

kanye_west.jpg

Any disagreements?

As a person, the messages in his music. 

He's grown as far as what he writes about and the subject matter he takes on. It doesn't matter whether you think his #$%^ was better pre Stillmatic. Most rappers never change or always continue to stick to what initially got them love. NaS has grown tremendously in that sense. It's funny you mentioned this because I had this exact conversation on my radio show today. It was my main reasoning why I say NaS is the goat. 
How many others can say they dropped classics 15 years apart? And better yet, look at how completely different those 2 albums are. That's growth.

no one said he never grew... the title says has any other artist shown as much like he's grown the most or something...

I think what happened was Nas became sort of a boring artist. But thats just his personality he's not looking for a hot beat from Pharrell or Swizzy. *No Shots*

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

I was ROFL when MUSICALEXCELLENCE said "All he talks about is Africa"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

But Nas is arguably the greatest rapper alive + who ever did it but... Who else has evolved?

kanye_west.jpg

Any disagreements?

Came in here to post this. Hate it or love it, dude makes what he wants and still stays relevant. 

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

what growth? he fell off... his flow got shaky... he picks worse beats now more than ever... and he dont really be talkin about ***@ but africa... old nas (stillmatic and earlier) > new nas by far...

Nevermind

Back
Top Bottom