Has any other hip-hop artist shown as much growth as NaS has?

From Illmatic to Untitled I don't think anyone has evolved or grown as an artist like NaS has. Anyone agree or disagree?

Has any other hip-hop artist ever been as good as Nas?

No
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by thejrob

Has any other hip-hop artist ever been as good as Nas?

No
pimp.gif
[/ Spoiler]4
He's the hands down GOAT for me, but let's save that argument for another thread
laugh.gif

what growth? he fell off... his flow got shaky... he picks worse beats now more than ever... and he dont really be talkin about ***@ but africa... old nas (stillmatic and earlier) > new nas by far...

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

he fell off... ... and he dont really be talkin about ***@ but africa... .

e29356bd437e740c8c5b50aaae3e8313c50cf07.pjpg

ok maybe the africa thing was a stretch... he's had some cuts since stillmatic but u cant tell me these last few albums are better than his first 5 or so... the intro to untitled dude was HORRIBLY off beat...

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

he fell off... ... and he dont really be talkin about ***@ but africa... .

e29356bd437e740c8c5b50aaae3e8313c50cf07.pjpg

ok maybe the africa thing was a stretch... he's had some cuts since stillmatic but u cant tell me these last few albums are better than his first 5 or so... the intro to untitled dude was HORRIBLY off beat...
I know i've already shown my bias on this topic, but all you do is hate my man. Without even involving my own opinion it always seems like the the intro gets the most love of anything Nas has done in a while. You want something easy to hate on you should listen to your own music. My grandma rhymin is just as big of a stretch to Musical Excellence
laugh.gif

MusicalExcellence
maybe the africa thing was a stretch... he's had some cuts since stillmatic but u cant tell me these last few albums are better than his first 5 or so... the intro to untitled dude was HORRIBLY off beat...

nah homey...his flow on that was immaculate

i dont know how to explain it but the unorthodox beat with the way he jumps on the track fits like a glove to me

just cause it's different from what you usually hear doesn't make it "off"

love NAS music, but when i think of growth in rap i think of Andre 3k and Mos Def

dudes went from raw emcees to be able to put out pop/soul album to movies like it was normal

I'm with TIME on this one.
I really am a HUGE NaS fan,but I can't just base !*!@ off of what he did a few years ago (there's a few others in that category as well,but I won't get into all that).
He's without a doubt one of my all time *Kanye*ALL TIME*Kanye* favs,but the brother ain't really doin' it for ME anymore.The thing that REALLY pisses me off about him is that he has the ability to make classic after classic after classic............but it's like................he WON'T!!!!!!!
I'm like !$%$ the bull**** and get with Premier already man!...................but he just won't!
He's STILL better than most though,but that's just how I feel.
/Rant.
*puts on bulletproof vest and ducks for cover*

When I think of NaS i dont think of growth...he is great at what he does,but when he steps outside of that nahh

if he really grew so would have his fanbase instead it kinda did the opposite....half of that blame goes to the fans tho

what growth? he fell off...
Where did he fall off? When? Are you serious?
his flow got shaky...
Shaky? Please back that up with some evidence, please.
he picks worse beats now more than ever...
What you mean to say is Nas doesn't pick "easy" beats that anyone can rhyme/sound good on. He challenges himself by not making the obvious picks and challenges the listeners' ears by doing so. And you say his flow on the Untitled intro was off?
laugh.gif
You weren't listening my dude.

He rode the #+!% out of a beat WITH NO SNARE. Most rappers use a snare like a *@*#$*% crutch.

Besides tha,t the subliminal he threw in toward the end, where he changed his pace, was brilliant. It almost sounded like he wasn't saying what he was saying. It took some decoding to really figure out.
and he dont really be talkin about ***@ but africa...
Oh really now. What albums have you been listening to? Just admit you don't listen to Nas, please and save yourself the embarrassment.
old nas (stillmatic and earlier) > new nas by far...
NaS has grown and matured as an artist and his subject matter, delivery, flow and "packaging" (the way he neatly completes his thoughts) have all improved greatly.

yea i hate nas but i love i am and stillmatic... hell im one of the few people that shows nastradamus love... i honestly just dont like his new %*+%... he became a totally different rapper after god's son...

Andre gives a good argument, but I'm really waiting to hear a solo album from him before I start comparing him with the greats.

I'll agree that Stillmatic & earlier was his best material... But you can't take away some of the heat he has put out since then. I think he's put out good album after good album through all these years.

His verses on Victory & Only the strong
eek.gif

Distant Relatives will be a problem
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by General Johnson

what growth? he fell off...
Where did he fall off? When? Are you serious?
his flow got shaky...
Shaky? Please back that up with some evidence, please.
he picks worse beats now more than ever...
What you mean to say is Nas doesn't pick "easy" beats that anyone can rhyme/sound good on. He challenges himself by not making the obvious picks and challenges the listeners' ears by doing so. And you say his flow on the Untitled intro was off?
laugh.gif
You weren't listening my dude.

He rode the #+!% out of a beat WITH NO SNARE. Most rappers use a snare like a *@*#$*% crutch.

Besides tha,t the subliminal he threw in toward the end, where he changed his pace, was brilliant. It almost sounded like he wasn't saying what he was saying. It took some decoding to really figure out.
and he dont really be talkin about ***@ but africa...
Oh really now. What albums have you been listening to? Just admit you don't listen to Nas, please and save yourself the embarrassment.
old nas (stillmatic and earlier) > new nas by far...
NaS has grown and matured as an artist and his subject matter, delivery, flow and "packaging" (the way he neatly completes his thoughts) have all improved greatly.

preach

I know Nas is god but how has he shown growth when his best work was his first work? Am I missing something or is this just another worship service?

Originally Posted by cartune

I know Nas is god but how has he shown growth when his best work was his first work? Am I missing something or is this just another worship service?
to add... what is the meaurement being judged?

is it NaS never rapped about (insert) but now NaS has been able to touch on (insert) or
is it NaS stopped rapping about (insert) and now raps about(insert)?

just what came to mind first when I saw growth...
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom