Has anybody bought the Reebok Zigtechs?

I recently started jogging cuz of the good weather. I was using some Saucony hurricans from last year which are still in good condition. They made my shins and knees hurt after 20 minutes. I went to Champs a week ago and picked up the Zigtechs in black with red Zig and I am a true believer. They soaked up most of the impacts that the Saucony's didn't and when I was finished, my knees and shins felt fine. In fact this has inspired me to go out this instant and try em out again. I'll tell you how they are. BRB

Alright so I started with a light jog for 15 minutes and then ended it with a sprint for 100 metres back to my house. I might say that these shoes are quite unique. The feel is like no other. No harsh impacts whatsoever and breathable as well. Go a half size down for sure. These shoes def. motivated me to wanna jog longer and more often. A definate buy. The only problem is that rocks may get stuck in between the zigs on the outsole but nothing a good picking wouldn't fix. Durable as well. Alright, I'll keep you posted if you have any other questions.

^How does the cushioning feel? Is is a soft, squishy cushioning? Or more of a firm, supportive cushioning? Or both?

It's really hard to describe. It's more of a soft squishy feeling but not one that will bottom out on you. The heel to toe transition is superb!

these kicks are suberb i am on my feet all day at work and needed a pair of comfy shoes i got the b/r colorway and by far best kick i have worn in awhile great job REEBOK!!!!!

No break in at all needed right? I ask because I walked into the Reebok outlet a week ago and tried on a good amount of their basketball shoes. All of which were SUPER SUPER stiff and hard.

I asked another guy trying stuff on, who looked like a Reebok fanboy, and he mentioned that Reeboks required a good amount of break-in, but afterwards were super comfy.

Thanks again Madore

Originally Posted by alpha Q

No break in at all needed right? I ask because I walked into the Reebok outlet a week ago and tried on a good amount of their basketball shoes. All of which were SUPER SUPER stiff and hard.

I asked another guy trying stuff on, who looked like a Reebok fanboy, and he mentioned that Reeboks required a good amount of break-in, but afterwards were super comfy.

Thanks again Madore
Nah, out of the box the Zigtech are damn comfortable. The upper is mesh with superb breathability and the outsole is flexible as is. Breaking in isn't even an option for these.

Honestly team, these shoes are the beginning of something very very special. It will be interesting to see where they go with this tech becasue something this unique doesn't get scrapped like Lunar Foam.

I never been a fan of reebox but I might have to pull the trigger on these. Need myself a new fresh pair of good running shoes.

Thanks for the inside scoop on these. To be honest I was a little skeptical at first. (wack design)
Nice to know these would be a good alternative running shoes at the fraction of the cost.

BTW had anyone had a change to check out reebok.com to customize these.
As always Canada is left out on these one. *sigh

Originally Posted by PassMeTheSoySauce

I never been a fan of reebox but I might have to pull the trigger on these. Need myself a new fresh pair of good running shoes.

Look elsewhere.

^ So i should be fine if i get my normal size 10? I can only buy these online as no stores here have it yet.....
frown.gif

Originally Posted by PassMeTheSoySauce

I would have to concur. I am in the process of getting back into long distance running shape and I was intrigued about these. I might actually pull the trigger on these today...just looking for a discount some place.
nerd.gif

This isn't the Reebok we know in terms of performance. Think about it this way: Adidas buys reebok, keeps them under the radar for two years ( rebuilding stage) and now Reebok is known for having the new cutting edge running tech. Don't listen to anybody who tells you different, these shoes are the real deal!

These really AREN'T the real deal, thats the thing. These will make your legs SO WEAK if you run in them.

I'm so serious. I'm pretty sure that no matter the shoe you are wearing, if you are to be running in them your legs will not get weak. Maybe instead of not trusting in what a company says a tech is suppose to do, you should listen EBW. You have opinions and we are all obligated to have one, but just because you feel something should be a certain way does not mean that it's right. Moving on, maybe the feeling of not having sore muscles after a long run may be mistaken for making your legs weak but let's think of it this way. You can workout at the gym and not consume much protein and have sore muscles for days. If you have a protein shake or eat a protein rich meal after your workout, your muscles will recover faster and you won't be as sore. That being said just because you take the protein and don't feel the soreness for days after your workout, does not mean that you are getting "weak" in fact you are doing more good for your body this way. So if you are still reading up to this point, what I am trying to say is the Zigtech is the "protein" that maybe most running shoes have been missing. I don't feel any soreness in my legs after a long run in these and I also don't feel as if I am getting weaker by using them. I respect that you do contribute alot to Niketalk by giving your opinions EBW, but serious dude you gotta keep some of the bitterness to yourself . We are all on here having something in common and that is for the love of footwear , but honestly man some people would appreciate if the attitude was toned down.

Back
Top Bottom