has anybody's 23 peeled off on their cdp xi's?

Sorry to go grave digging... But does anyone know how to restore the heel 23? Can you paint it on or are there other methods? Any places to send to have done? Anything? I would appreciate any info.

Damn, I posted in this thread 2 years ago and forgot it even existed. Now that it's back on the 1st page, has this happened with any of these newer XI retros from the last 2 years (SJ & CG)?

wow, looks like the CDP XI are really poorly made.
i have 4 pairs of the 2000/2001 XI retros and none
of them has this problem though i wear them much.

wore my 09 SJs more than my CDP XIs and the 23 is fully intact on SJs but 90% gone on CDPs
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

Originally Posted by AirNoel2345

Sorry to go grave digging... But does anyone know how to restore the heel 23? Can you paint it on or are there other methods? Any places to send to have done? Anything? I would appreciate any info.
Renegade Restorations.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Renegade-Restorations/142399482443076

Thanks man. Definitely will send em off if I can't find a "do it yourself method" first. Anyone else know how to fix it yourself?

does someone owns the 09 Spacejams or 10 Coolgreys who have the same 23 peeling problem
like on the CDP black/reds?
So far i only read posts of 09 Spacejams owners who fear about it but did not reported the same
case.
One is for sure: 1995/96 OGs and 2000/2001 retros don't have that severe peeling problem.
What about the DMP?

DMPs dont peel, but if you have a fat ankle, you can stretch them into cracking of design just like a t shirt. but they dont peel per say. They hold up just fine. So do 09 jams and 10 greys. 00/01 retros can crack and fade but really need to be heavily worn to do so.

On a side note, my 01 breds are DS. But Ive had 4 pairs of CDPs and 3 pairs of 01s. All my 01s were fine. 2/4 CDP had one perfect shoe and one peeling one. The other 2 were equally peeling.

my 01' breds are great, both pair have perfect "23" on the heel. my cdps i had were less than two months old and had already started to peel. it just goes to show how downhill the quality had been. the cool greys were great, i really like the quality on those

Had same problem, got tired of looking at it so i restored mine...
BEFORE

COMPARISON

AFTER

my 09 Jams are peeling... was wondering if there was a fix for this.

info on how you did that?
did u peel it all the way off, then use a stencil and paint it on?

i need to do this to my cdp's.

yeah mine were peeling 2 wears into it. It's cause the jeans are rubbin against it and cause JB quality on those realllllllllly sucked.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

my 09 Jams are peeling... was wondering if there was a fix for this.

this is the first time i heard of 09 jams peeling.

mine are fine.

yea i found a stencil online played with dimensions (trial and error for like an hour) to get the size right, then printed it on dark transfer paper, peeled off the old 23 and then ironed on the new stencil using the cotton setting.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 theres also a vid of someone fixing their fake 3s to make it look legit...these dudes are wildn

Back
Top Bottom