Has anyone actually got a job from Usajobs.gov ??

Sorry for the stupid post....

...........But my mom told me/suggested I sign up for USAJOBS.gov , Which I did. I applied for a position last week..Im quite eager, So I called the number onthe bottom of the job listing..which went to a voicemail, which told me it was full which told me it would transfer me to another line/extension..whichfallowed by saying no extension or number has been assigned.

Im just wondering if anyones had any luck with USAJOBS.gov ?

How did it work out for you, shed some light with your experiance or you can pm me if you like
smile.gif

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

Sorry for the stupid post....

...........But my mom told me/suggested I sign up for USAJOBS.gov , Which I did. I applied for a position last week..Im quite eager, So I called the number on the bottom of the job listing..which went to a voicemail, which told me it was full which told me it would transfer me to another line/extension..which fallowed by saying no extension or number has been assigned.

Im just wondering if anyones had any luck with USAJOBS.gov ?

How did it work out for you, shed some light with your experiance or you can pm me if you like
smile.gif

- patience.

- it could take over a year to get a job after applying, real spit.

- i work for the feds now and have been off and on since 98. patience.

- apply for any and everything, just always be prepared for a callback. moms gave good advice though.

Originally Posted by SneakerPimp2k8

off and on^^ what you mean by that, these are temporary jobs???

- you're reading into it too deep. the feds could be anything from the military, to the VA, to working for a department of defense contractor. so one couldeasily work off and on for the feds between many different entities......

- oh and yes, some are temp. but when it comes to the gov't you can have a temp job for X amount of time that just gets reappointed everytime it runs out.who im working for now, ive been here 5 years and its temporary. we just had a meeting last week saying we may be here another 3-5 years.....may not, the moneygreat in the meantime.

thanks for the heads up, i have patience but i live in d.c area and been applying to jobs in s. florida. need to get the hell up on outta here

DAYTONA 5000 wrote:
I did. Don't hold you breath waiting though.
took about 11 months for me to start working.

^ see what i mean?

- really though, you really do have to almost live on that site to get hired. 5+ points preference>regular Veteran>Civilian when it comes to gettinghired so you would really have to be on top of it.

- back in '01 i worked with 40+ year old 5 and 10 point pref. vets, that did nothing but look at that site and apply for something every day. i think thejobs are updated every tuesday or thursday. but i foreal knew old cats that stayed on that site like us on NT, boucing from job to job just because they hadthe preference and could do it.
ohwell.gif

- i need to sign up myself, been meaning to since '02. ive been doing good since then so ive been putting it off all this time. i did register with careerbuilder last month, got a hit for $30/hr. then they told me the job was temp for a year and i had to move to Dallas
smh.gif
, im like dude im in a temp now....ineed a permanent.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

- you're reading into it too deep. the feds could be anything from the military, to the VA, to working for a department of defense contractor. so one could easily work off and on for the feds between many different entities......

- oh and yes, some are temp. but when it comes to the gov't you can have a temp job for X amount of time that just gets reappointed everytime it runs out. who im working for now, ive been here 5 years and its temporary. we just had a meeting last week saying we may be here another 3-5 years.....may not, the money great in the meantime.

too deep?? i didnt know what you were talking about so i asked...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Is this after turning your application in or after a few rounds of the selection process (When youre already in a pool of a select few)? I passedthe questionaire for a job 2 months ago, then 1 month ago I received a email mentioning that i passed the questionaire and now my application is being reviewedby someone in HR and that someone from HR will call me if necessary.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

- you're reading into it too deep. the feds could be anything from the military, to the VA, to working for a department of defense contractor. so one could easily work off and on for the feds between many different entities......

- oh and yes, some are temp. but when it comes to the gov't you can have a temp job for X amount of time that just gets reappointed everytime it runs out. who im working for now, ive been here 5 years and its temporary. we just had a meeting last week saying we may be here another 3-5 years.....may not, the money great in the meantime.

too deep?? i didnt know what you were talking about so i asked...
eyes.gif

- chill out, i didnt mean anything by it. but the phrase "working for the feds" is a pretty broad phrase, the 'feds' could be anybody, hencelooking into it too deep.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Is this after turning your application in or after a few rounds of the selection process (When youre already in a pool of a select few)? I passed the questionaire for a job 2 months ago, then 1 month ago I received a email mentioning that i passed the questionaire and now my application is being reviewed by someone in HR and that someone from HR will call me if necessary.

- after you apply online and/or turn in your application.

- ive personally seen people in jobs that forgot they put in for the job altogether until they got the call............. a year or morelater.
laugh.gif

- i mean, the whole process is kinda of discouraging but having a fed job is so
pimp.gif
its really worth it.

hate these questions/ questionnaires already.

I got a call back this morning... from alabama =/

Back
Top Bottom