Has Anyone Ever Had Impacted Wisdom Teeth?

After reading that cavity thread, I got self-conscious about my teeth haha. 
Well, I plan on going to the dentist next week, just wondering if anyone has experienced this before. 
My top two wisdom teeth grew in perfectly fine, but my bottom wisdom tooth is growing in horizontally.

It is just matter of time before it comes in contact with my tooth.

I am sort of scared lol. 

Any stories? Was surgery required, or what did the pain felt like?

go to sleep and get them taken out its not that serious it happens to a lot of people
it's better to get it done before they hit your roots. its not really that bad it just becomes a hassle
once you have to start cleaning out the hole with the syringe, also you wont be able to eat any real food
for about 3 weeks or open your mouth...DO NOT DRINK THROUGH A STRAW OR SPIT or you will have
dry socket, which i never experienced but heard is something you do not want. The first few days will
be horrible but in after about a month or so you go back to normal and are pain free in your cheeks for LIFE

It's not bad bro. But like dude said ^ first few days suck! MAYBE a little soreness, but you have gauze in your mouth and all you taste is blood. It's pretty gross. Have to apply ice to your cheeks every other 10min to keep your face from becoming a balloon.

As far as the actual procedure, yea its a surgery. But they put you out and next thing you'll know you'll wake up in your own bed with that horrible blood taste in your mouth. I don't remember a thing from my surgery. And dude is also correct ^, you'll be limited on foods, and by any means, DON'T drink from a straw! That will make the wounds unclot and blood will just start coming out and you'll have to go back to doc to most likely get em restitched. Yes I know from experience. Other then that you have nothing to worry about tho.
EDIT: I forgot to mention I had all 4 removed and all 4 were impacted.

I had 4 wisdom teeth removed, and one molar was impacted, growing in horizontally. Doctor just removed all 4 wisdom teeth and the one molar. Didn't feel a thing, was K.Oed. Pain after the surgery was minimal too. It's really not serious at all. Just get it extracted. 

dont stress
some people have room in their mouth for em
some dont
but if theyre pushing get em out because theyll keep pushing and can make the rest crooked due to pressure

sounds like you'll definitely need to get those extracted.

if it's they've grown to the point that you yourself can tell that they're growing horizontally, then you're in for a world of hurt. the dentist is probably going to have to break the wisdom teeth into multiple pieces instead of having a clean, intact extraction because they will have likely bonded to your mandible.

good luck.

Originally Posted by Based Mod

you're in for a world of hurt.

this got me dyin for sum reason 
roll.gif
roll.gif

the dentist is probably going to have to break the wisdom teeth into multiple pieces instead of having a clean, intact extraction because they will have likely bonded to your mandible.

good luck.

My situation exactly!!!.. Get'em done ASAP

I got all four taken out at once, it looked like I got my A** kicked. I was taken out of the dentist in a wheel chair, my mouth was bleeding that entire day and my cheeks didn't swell until 2 days later (purple and GREEN), thats when the real fun began. I got dry socket, and had to go back countless times for medicine cause I had horrible pain for days. Make sure you go under anesthesia, you wake up and its all over with. One tooth was near a nerve and they had to make sure that they didn't hit the nerve so my FACE wouldn't be paralyzed.

just got 4 of em taken out this month. the only part that sucks is the shot. pretty much what everyone else is saying, the taste of blood in your mouth is disgusting.

Got my wisdom teeth removed 3 years ago. I didn't take anesthesia.

Worst #%#!$*# pain ever. Good luck OP.

if it's they've grown to the point that you yourself can tell that they're growing horizontally, then you're in for a world of hurt. the dentist is probably going to have to break the wisdom teeth into multiple pieces instead of having a clean, intact extraction because they will have likely bonded to your mandible.

good luck.

Dude, what the hell... 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Are you serious! Do they put you through anesthesia? Because it's clear that my tooth is growing in horizontally, it's like 1/3 grown in. 

Thanks for the responses. 

It's nice hearing these stories, though it doesn't sound like a fun experience haha 

My lower wisdom teeth were like this. Like yourself, I was scared so I opted to be put to sleep. After the dentist put the shot into my arm, it became warm and tingly.. and that's all I remembered. All of a sudden, I just wake up and find myself all by myself in the room lol .. so if you're scared of the pain, ask to be put to sleep!

Jus got all four taken out yesterday morning... I was knocked out so I didn't notice the surgery... Pain is tolerable, jus gotta stay iced and keep taking the pain meds... Super hungry tho! Im already sick of shakes, jello and soup...

I got all four taken out, I had two really impacted molars. My teeth were growing in horizontally like yours, so surgery is going to be required. Some people after surgery were playing sports and what not the next day. I was in bed eating soup bleeding everywhere for like three days, took me good week to recover.

Suggestions:
LAUGHING GAS -- Get put to sleep too. Laughing gas is kind of fun, and getting put to sleep I was on cloud nine. Guy told me: count down from ten to zero, you won't be sleeping, just really groggy." I start counting down, get to 8 (trying to fight it to stay awake), next thing I'm waking up.

Pain pills -- They gave me some Hydrocodon after-wards, lifesaver since I was struggling.

All four of my wisdom teeth were impacted. After getting them taken out I was quite possibly in the worst pain of my life. Couldn't eat solid food for a while too. Feels bad man
frown.gif

Like many have mentioned in this thread, it's not that bad. Get it handled sooner than later and listen to what the oral surgeon says about recovery. 

yep...just got all 4 of them pulled out last friday...its not really that bad...face was swollen but it went down after a couple of days...and I was able to eat solids after about 3 days...people were telling me it would be bad but I was good...

worst pain is after the removal and you have "holes" in your gums. I hated when food got stuck in the holes and I had to use the syringe. hurt like a bia

my wisdom teeth all came in perfect but i'm still advised to get them removed. Im wondering if i should take the plunge....

ive been meaning to get this done. my top 2 Wisdom teeth grew in crooked it doesnt effect me at all... the bottom 2 grew in perfectly. i dont see ayny difference in alignment thats why i haven't got them taken out...

oh man why did this thread get made...both of my bottom wisdoms are also growing out horizontally...I think when I get back from san fran i'm gonna get mine out...%%%$ is gonna suuuccckkkkk. Atleast I have enough
pimp.gif
to last me for 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom